Erol day PQ needs a fix!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lunablanco, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Try targeting its feet instead of its body or head. Run a bit ahead of it and start clicking it feet until it passes you, rinse and repeat. Make sure to check your red and yellow roses when running to get back in front of it again in case you got one to it and didn't notice, I have done that a few times and didn't see a progress bar.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I agree with others, resizing the zombie is best answer. I doubt folks are on mounts, etc, just to irritate...maybe they've never done the PQ. I'd never done the PQ til the other day, so I'd showed up mounted. Please keep in mind, some players hide mounts, so they do not realize their mount is displayed for others.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And others do...I agree with the more cynical posts, as I've run across people doing it deliberately (or perhaps not realizing it, but refusing to dismount/hide/etc. when asked nicely) to either show off their new mount to EVERYONE or be a jerk or whatever. :-/

Uwk
    Lateana, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  4. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I got up the gumption to try this blasted thing again.
    Festival events in the past were a respite from the frustrations and anxieties of the normal rat race of the game...... This event -- along with the overall frustrations of this expansion -- is making me rethink my commitment to the game.......

And the Wiki says that destroying the blue and purple roses is the primary way to get the highest reward........... or was that attacking the adds................... Even the explanations from players are frustrating!!

I tried to give roses to the dearly departed (apparently failed).............. I whacked an add.............

And yes it doesnt help that some folks get the highest reward without trying!
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would seriously look at the 2019 Bugs and Feedback thread in the Test forum, Whilh tested this PQ so much and gives so much information on it that anything you could possibly think of is covered there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Well I was finally successful. Someone in the third unsuccessful run I tried suggested I go to CL2 as it was less crowded. Sure enough, I was able to hand off flowers and kill lots of adds. I think my rural internet might be part of the problem as in the crowded zone I never got the progression bar when attempting to hand off roses, even though I had some disappear from my inventory. Anyhow when its not crowded and tons of adds spawn..... its not a bad event......

And thanks, Cyrrena......... The "ashing" of the black and purple roses is still kinda vague...... I ashed one for good measure just to be sure on the one I FINALLY got the good reward for!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Some people use big mounts to get advantage I think. The bigger your mount is, the bigger the chance that other players click your mount instead of clicking on zombie. There's some logic to it I must admit :), it is a competition after all.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I did the PQ 5 times and my egg hatched....i had no idea what was going on....i just clicked on every flower that popped up by me(regardless of color) and clicked on the zombie when it had the yellow or red sheen around it. I got a couple familar cages and other assorted rewards. And to those that are upset about mounts...simply choose the option not to see them before the PQ starts?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's also all the numerous hanger's-on, as well, but I don't recall atm why the "don't see any mounts" thing still wasn't working too well for this. :-/

One of the best ideas I've seen so far is to make more copy zones, like The Commonlands 2 or 3 or however many needed when such places get too frickin' crowded. ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/shrug Here I thought it was a way to get loved ones back together again beyond the grave. I think I would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't a PQ. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did not view this as a competition. I viewed it as a cooperative effort.
    Alenna, Lateana, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I think the central issue here is how we define "cooperative," haha
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. :-/

"I cooperate with my familiar, combat pet, Mage-type familiar from the old days, merc, etc., get what's MINE, and screw the rest of you."

Uwk
    Lateana, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Armageddoux Active Member

I don't know if it's possible to hide other mercs and pets, but it's easy to hide all (self and other players) mounts : just type "/suspend_mount_mode 2" and all of the mounts will disappear from screen.

Replace the number 2 by 0 to always show the mounts and by 1 to hide them while fighting
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

"/hide pet" will make familiars and fluff pets disappear for you AND others. Hiding mounts will only work on your own computer, but is also useful.
  16. Armageddoux Active Member

of course, they will disappear for my eyes only, but ... this is also what I need (others can do the same if they need too)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Definitely gonna save this page for reference! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

First of all, anyone having an issues with mounts, as has been stated, can hide mounts from all players from their view by setting the option to Never Show Mounts. All that matters is what you see on your computer and you will not see anyone's mount.

There are still issues that need to be resolved. From personal experience, one does not have to turn a black or purple rose to ash to get the highest achievement. In cases where I did not do this, I actively participated in getting rid of the adds that were spawned. In crowded runs where it was hard to hand the zombie a flower at all because of massive competition there were usually folks that had read that they must ash a purple or black rose to get the highest achievement. If one is already struggling do to slow internet, slow reflexes or lag from the commotion, getting to a black or purple rose before a fellow enthusiast has ashed them can be virtually impossible. If one asks that they leave them alone to let the adds spawn, someone will tell you to read the Wiki which says ashing the blacks and purples is the sure fire way to get the proactive participant.

The quest is quite reasonable and even pleasant in smaller groups where folks are slaying adds, ashing black and purple roses at a moderate pace and handing off the yellow and red roses to the zombie based on the aura around him. In the larger groups (which many of my friends have no issues with), some of us struggle to get anything done.

For the person that says we should be happy the couple are reunited........ When one gets the consolation prizes for "participant" or "active participant", one might be inclined to leave the reuniting to those who are acknowledged for their efforts. DB obviously likes free for all events and takes the attitude that no prize is worthwhile unless we pay them directly for it or it comes with brutal competition. I miss the old days when Festival Events were mostly silly and just for fun!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too. :-/

Uwk
    Seefar, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Being that there is only one more day left. . . . I guess I will not be getting the dragon this year. :(