Not A Bug Erilynne, the Master's Mistress (Spoils of Vetrovia achievement reward)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daryx, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Daryx Well-Known Member

This is marked as having slashing damage. I can equip it as a conjuror, and when I am in combat, I get crushing damage skill ups. If I turn off my ascension stance (Elemental Avatar), the log shows "You flurry training dummy for x slashing damage" and no longer get any skill ups.

Since conjuror's aren't supposed to be able to use slashing weapons, this is rather odd indeed. So. I'm presuming this is supposed to be strictly a crushing weapon so all classes can wield it and it's a display issue.
    Twyla, Miragian and Doobius40504 like this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like a "display issue" sounds like the damage type is set wrong. The result is as a mage you are going to have higher miss rates due to lack of skill. This is assuming you were meleeing with it. Weather this is a good idea or not is irrelevant. The weapon needs to be strictly crushing.
  3. Caith Developer

This is not a bug, all classes have the crushing skill, so when we put in a weapon that we want all classes to use, we make it use the crushing skill for the success chance, regardless of the damage type. If it used the slashing skill, classes that do not have that skill wouldn't be able to hit anything with it.