EQnext a SWG do over?

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-agnott, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-agnott Guest

As per Smed, EQnext will be a huge sandbox game.
    Having been a part of what I feel was one of the best player made communities ever ....I can say this is a move in the right direction. (considering they just buried the original design for Eqnext)

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/1...dbox-style-mmo/
  2. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

If they could pull off what SWG did I'd be playing.
  3. ARCHIVED-salty21db Guest

An Everquest game styled on UO style of gameplay...../faint.
    Don't think I can last a whole year.
    If I was at SoE Live however I would constantly be buying those devs shots. I also will be doing anything that is "required" to get into that beta. Yes I'm talking about what you think I'm talking about lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-agnott Guest

There is no way they would do this and still give you instance housing ...right?
    To be able to run into your house and back out again naturally is everything.

(those super fast opening doors in swg would be real nice too)
  5. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Dunno about SWG but it looks intriguing. Hopefully if they have something they can demonstrate in a year they might have release in two years or so?
    I think this will either be a massive success or a massive bust. However, given the state of the MMO industry perhaps they're right to take a risk like that as the alternative is to slowly shrink until they're nothing.
    I've been with the EQ franchise so long I'll probably end up at least trying it out, although it'll depend on more info of course.
    I guess we'll just have to watch that space.
  6. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

agnott wrote:
    I was so disappointed when EQ2 came out and had instanced housing. I'd only played UO and SWG at the time. I hate instanced housing.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cakeny Guest

I'm hoping EQ3 will have nothing to do with mess SWG was.
  8. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Twyxx wrote:
    This. being able to walk into a house with the door opening itself is awesome.
  9. ARCHIVED-agnott Guest

Cakeny wrote:
    What part of SWGs history are you claiming to be a mess?
  10. ARCHIVED-Kesstryl Guest

EQNext a sandbox? I have died and gone to heaven!!! Nothing could be better than SWG sandbox elements combined with Norrath! This is almost too good to be true!
  11. ARCHIVED-Senvilan Guest

Kesstryl wrote:
    You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true...