EQN: Looks Awesome!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by knightritalin, Aug 12, 2013.

1. knightritalin Active Member

EQN looks amazing, the graphics are almost better than other video games cinematics. Some people (0.5%) give flac because of the "cartoon", well firstly look at rift.

secondly for the people who say its disney like, think back of the disney's
    Fantasia videos such as the sugar plum fairy and the other ones. amazing right?, EQN will be amazing!

EQOAnostalgia likes this.
  2. knightritalin Active Member

3. Ucala Well-Known Member

you have to think of the time of your examples, disney movies are old that go like that. Fantasia? Old movie. I don't care about the graphics so much but when you think about it. they made eq2 look pretty amazing for it's time (9+years). you would have just hoped that eqnext would look good for it's time, which it didn't
    Prethicre likes this.
  4. knightritalin Active Member

5. Ucala Well-Known Member

idk what you did other than prove my point
    Prethicre likes this.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I think he just ment, it could be much more detailed characters, then such cartoonish ones you linked. But i think that would take the pc to another dimension if it comes down to performance.
  7. knightritalin Active Member

If you think that I have offended you, then I will try to formulate my words differently, what i'm trying to do is discuss how wonderful EQN looks and feels, and this is a real possibility, maybe not in your case, but we need to discuss it.
  8. Venur Active Member

I could careless for the cartoonish graphix if he didn't had the same face of Simba of the lion king disney movie.
    Prethicre likes this.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

you didn't offend me? you are being too weird with your logic is all, you are comparing a 9+ year old game with better graphics, than a brand new game

Edit: if anything they are the same level of graphics, and that's a stretch. but even that shouldn't happen between the age of the two
    Prethicre and Barbachauf like this.
  10. Denon Active Member

Add me to the .5 % to the people who do NOT like the new Disney cartoony look.

In fact ( at least in the EQ2 forums ) most people don't care for the cartoony look ... if you have actually have been reading through all the posts about it.
    Prethicre likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

From the two pictures above.. I prefer the look on the right... but then I prefer fantasy realistic over disney meets anime. If they'd used the modern tools with a fantasy-realistic style for the art design? The mind boggles at the wonderful possibilities
    Raff, Vlahkmaak and Prethicre like this.
  12. knightritalin Active Member

but the picture on the right was fake, the lion man on the RIGHT from eq2 is not real, its modified .
    picture on right = modified , not the model in game.
  13. Nicolos Active Member

EQN does look amazing! I love the stylized graphics. I realize the picture above is meant to favor the 2004 picture but the EQN one really grabs my attention. It's bright and colorful. The thing is, if they want EQN to be the success that EQ2 wasn't, then they have to target a broader audience. The fact that the vocal minority on these forums hate the models is confirmation they made the right decision.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

the fact is that eq2 was about the game (atleast when it started). eqnext is about the money. the new models are probably cheaper/faster to make than going in detail
    Vlahkmaak and Prethicre like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I realize that, but you don't think that with modern tools the one on the right could be made now? That was my point.
    Prethicre likes this.
  16. knightritalin Active Member

TAHAHAHAH TYE ok the fact is, I know I drank but the thing is I love everquest 0 and youguys are really nice and I love all you haters to eqn and me , YOUR THE BEST LVOERS WOOOHOOOO
  17. Grumbledore New Member

I do kinda laugh when people compare the graphics to WoW and Disney. How is offering a comparison to two hugely successful businesses supposed to be an argument against the art style?
  18. Denon Active Member

Let me guess... you like JarJar in the Star Wars movies also?
    Vlahkmaak and Prethicre like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I like Disney movies, that doesn't mean I want to play a Disney character in a game. For a movie they're great. For something I'd be interesting in playing for hours a day? Not so much. I, personally, do not care to play a cartoon character. I prefer an art style that has proportions closer to sensible and a color palette that is less saturated. The proportions, frankly, are the bigger issue for me then the color palette.
    The kerra, for example, his biceps are bigger the his head, he is considerably 'shorter' from the waist down then from the waist up.. shoulder pads the size of shields and weapons the size of houses... Yes, they appeal to a certain segment of the population.. I happen not to be part of that segment. I don't think they chose the graphic style with the 'average' eq2 player in mind, I think they chose it with the console demographic and hoping to catch those younger then the average eq2 player.
    Raff and Prethicre like this.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

World of Warcraft lost like 200k subs in the month of February this year alone. of course that doesn't hurt them when WoW has a crap ton more subs. But not everyone enjoys the simple styles