EQlinks is updated

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Elof, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Elof Guest

EQlinks has a new look come check us out.

EQlinks.com

This site might be best described as a portal site for EQ & EQ2. We link to the best sites for information regarding news, class guides, zone guides, equipment, trade skills, and much more!
  2. ARCHIVED-Gharet Guest

In all honesty, it still needs a new look ..

Having a single, long column for EQ and EQ2 means a lot of scrolling, and none of the links have descriptions to help determine what they link to, exactly ( some of them are vague in the name ). Seperating EQLive and EQ2 link catagories from each other would be a good start ...

Also, what is with the columns on the far left and far right? The are far too skinny to navigate well, and all of hte links wrap at just a couple words -- makes it difficult to differentiate between links without putting your mouse over it. It is also extremely distracting.

The catagories for those sidebars ( Example: "News" and "Community" ) stand out less than the links, and are easily overlooked.

At 1024x768, with a full-screen browser window, the site is far too cramped - I can only imagine a lower resolution, or a smaller browser window.

All the vertical scrolling is very uncomfortable and disorienting.

The site is a good idea ... but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired
  3. ARCHIVED-Elof Guest

Thanks Gharet for the response..

Site was made for higher resolution.. I have adjusted this for a better fit...

the side links are News links for EQlive and EQ2.. links are put in categories i.e. Class.. quest.. maps..

the bottom links have descriptions of what each link is...

all input is welcome, bad or good :) I will try my best to make site look good and useful

FYI I'm not a web designer,, I started the site a long time ago because was tired of having alot of links in my favorites.. I wanted a place I could go to for all sites I get information from :)
  4. ARCHIVED-kyshander Guest

Thanks for the site!
  5. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

I have a small correction for you.. the Server Boards for EQ2 should say Antonia Bayle :) not Antonius Bayle, he's long gone.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elof Guest

Thanks SapphireSniper

Change done :)