EQII Extended - Feedback and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

The sub levels are pretty damn poor.
    If SOE want to go down this route, they really need to look at the model Turbine is using for DDO. That actually allows you to play and experience most of the game, without being severely crippled (2 bag slots??? Adept max???) and it's done wonders for their population.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zaldor Guest

I am soooo looking forward to the EQ2 panel at Dragon Con.
  3. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Gaige wrote:
    1, 2, and 3 = no, that's not true.
    All updates and all content will go out to both services at the same time.
    When the new expansion becomes available, it becomes available to both services at the same time. When new game updates come out, they go to both services at the same time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

I have mixed feelings about this. I am so very glad they are not on the same servers! I like the idea of being able to mess around with new classes and races for free to see what I want to roll in the real game. But I also fear that this will cause the real game to recieve less attention.
    I have to admit I have lost a little respect for Smokejumper for his play on words about the F2P. However I am still optomistic that he is a good communicator who wants his customers happy; and that he is a good leader to the team that he employs to assure that the issues of the player base are being met.
    So, for future referance please do not try to beat around the bush, I am sure that most of the player base would rather have bad news straight up then to think we are in the clear and then poof. I doubt this was your intention here Smokejumper but it could be percieved by some as just that so please be aware.
    Thank you for making the F2P portion completely seperate from the eq2 paid subscription.
    That means to me that you are trying to do what is best for both the company by offering the game for free and getting it out there a bit more readilly available but also you have listened to your existing customers that we do not want F2P so I feel this was a good compromise and nicely done.
    Thank you,
    -Avianna
    P.S. Please speak with your fighter balance team and explain to them that a class wide nerf does not balance out the class. Thank you :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Well I like the idea. Heck, I am even open to allowing them to f2p on current servers just without the ability to buy stuff, but I understand the model.
    As far as the not changing anything on current servers, maybe you wouldn't mind a little extra character slot on current servers. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Smokejumper wrote:
    He can't even keep his story straight in his announcement. If I can pay to cut research time it's the same thing as paying for a master.
    I'm guessing the AB and Naggy hardware that was recently replaced isn't going to get repurposed to beef up existing servers like you promised either.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Anduri wrote:
    Why would they? As I understand it, there's no way from extended to regular servers. I'm not a doom-and-gloom person, but I have a bad feeling that we'll watch as the regular servers get smaller, merge a few together, get smaller, merge a few more, until eventually the regular population is rolled in to the free-to-play world in 1-2 years.
    The trial and RAF are key to getting new players to play, and those are all going to be on the F2P side now. There's going to be little incentive for new players to play on the regular servers.
  8. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    If 2 is false then any items with stats that are added to the extended marketplace will be able to be found/quested for on live? Or is that content we will not be getting?
    Silat
  9. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

Stargrace@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree. The only reason why I wanted to see F2P come to life was to help out the population of existing services. F2P being a seperate service does nothing for me. I guess that is the point.
  10. ARCHIVED-Anduri Guest

Raknid wrote:
    I know and therein lies the problem. The bleed will be all one way, both in terms of players and ultimately development time as the revenue for live goes down and extended goes up.
    I'd rather they just had the balls to do it properly and go the whole hog on our servers. Or do nothing at all. This half-way house so that they can maintain "they will not put ftp in Everquest 2" while putting ftp in Everquest 2 will have absolutely no positive effects on existing members.
  11. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    And I suppose all the development time you put into the junk to sell on the marketplace will not take away from development on the real game too...
  12. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

Hahaha you have to pay more money if you want to play a ranger. Next will be "Would you like to increase ranger dps? Price is $399.99 and you can be a important class!"
  13. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

so how about a SERVER MERGE for those of us who stick with the original montly sub service? Cause this is just going to split the already low population on the current servers even more.
  14. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Fyfe@Najena wrote:
    We specifically separated the services because feedback from you folks has always been that the bulk of existing players would hate having the free-to-play marketplace items on their worlds. That they want players to have to earn everything in order to succeed.
    I'm afraid we just have to leave them separate at this point.
    We are going to be adding incentive programs to ensure the subscription service still stays attractive to players. We are leaving the Recruit a Friend functionality in place also.
  15. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

Uguv@Mistmoore wrote:
    I imagie theyll just be selling renamed quest rewards.
  16. ARCHIVED-Obscurum Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    <3
  17. ARCHIVED-kiyokobabygirl Guest

Warpax wrote:
    Exactly what I was concerned about on the previous page. We already have low populations, how is this going to help CURRENT subscribers on our CURRENT servers.
  18. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Vinyard@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Both.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    You said a month ago EQ2 wasn't going F2P. Why would I believe you now?
    SmokeJumper wrote:
    Which is what we were told when LoN launched and again when SC store was launched. Despite the SC store basically printing money out of nowhere for SOE in general EQ2 has seen what? Layoffs, delayed expansions, smaller GUs, less content and outside of the AB/Nagafen servers nothing new hardware wise to combat the terrible 6+ months of lag and crazy zone times we've seen.
    I don't discount the past when considering the future, which is something I realize SOE wishes we would all do.
    The problem I have believing any of this is the fact we've been told it before and nothing happened.
    EQ2x will substantially impact the live server populations, probably leading to players having to go to EQ2x in order to keep playing within a year or less.
    When that happens, you wouldn't have "lied" just like you didn't "lie" about EQ2 going F2P because the live service will no longer exist.
    All I'm saying is the last two years SOE has hardly supported its paying subscribers and now with EQ2x they'll have even less incentive to do so. The more of us you can get on EQ2x the more money you make.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zaldor Guest

Since no new players will want to start on the regular servers ever again, any chance you can bring back those quests that were removed because they were killing your revenue growth?