EQ3/EQ Next ~ The Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Aurorum, Dec 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Aurorum wrote:
    Thanks for your comments. I would like to say that these initial ideas are just that , they are not fully fleshed out.
    I believe someone else pointed out earlier that there are currently no next gen mmo's out there. From reading about Conan, it may be as close as we will get with current technology.
    I don't see the point personally of them creating a new game and making it a clone of a previous one with fancier graphics and a few bells and whistles.
  2. ARCHIVED-Decadre Guest

icebones wrote:
    I would bet good money on the fact that there will certainly be an EQ3 someday. Even though EQ1 is still chugging along, it looks quite dated, no? At some point, I would think either EQ1 or EQ2 is going to be shelved and an alternative will be released with coding that utilizes the technology at that time to it's fullest. (ie; 6-core technology, HD graphics, blah, blah, blah...) When this will be.... who knows? Perhaps 3 years, 5 years.
    And by the way, Lore wise I would love to see a Marvel Comics-esque "Ultimate EQ" type of thing (alternate reality type of thing) done where the moon didn't blow up. Have the teleporters still destroyed by the orcs (I think they did it, no?), so we would still have no access to the moon. However, the maps and the world would then be a lot more similar to EQ1. Oh yeah, and no zoning...
    Edit: Although I guess if Anarchy Online can get a new graphics engine, I guess they could do it for EQ1 or EQ2 in the future...
    http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game...oadFeature/1718
  3. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Beastlords, fewer servers, and eq1 kiting abilities.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mike8 Guest

what i would like to see for EQ3 would be a spell creation system and some npc's gaining lvl just think it would be interesting to see and more realistic
  5. ARCHIVED-Aurorum Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Aurorum Guest

7. ARCHIVED-ainth Guest

My offical reply is fix eq2 content first then and only then consider a eq3 type game=)
  8. ARCHIVED-Aurorum Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

I really think Eq3 is the best place for EQ to go at this point. I think the consept of the shattered lands was a bad one or just poorly implemented. I hopeing they will do the skeletal revamp for eq2 to so we can hopefully get some veriety in clothing. But its been over 3 years since launch and weve had the same armor rehashed over and over with just a new coat of paint over top the same old modles. Now I really am hopeing that it is still comeing but with lack of Dev's mentioning it and seeing how their are so many threads talking about it in one way or another with no dev responce is just depressing. I think if they Do an eq3 start from scratch make a game that can utalize mulit core processors and dual graphics cards would probably be easier at the point in the game rather then trying to revamp the curent eq2 engine. I'm hopeing Eq2 will suprize me with the skeletal revamp but if it doent come soon ill be hopeing eq3 will be around the corner.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hekynn Guest

fix the gpu bugs, add built in music player, voice chat support, let us 1gb of ram users run the game a bit smoother, Bring Luclin and the Vah Shirs/beastlords back!!!! :D
  11. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

-No zoning: a globe (you may add barriers around some areas so you can expand those areas when expansions come etc).
    -Modern technology support: several cores, physx etc.
    -More unique classes. Some classes can be merged. Bring back beastlords.
    -Keep all races, maybe add a couple. Implement common skelly system so armor can easily be added to all races.
    -Incorporate armour dyes.
    -Incorporate guild halls.
    -Cloaks w/guild sign and insignia from day 1.
    -Flying mounts and ships.
    -Levitation and more spells for fun usage.
    -The ability to sit in chairs and lay in beds: actually be able to use house and the items in it.
    -PVP battlegrounds on several servers.
    -A RP server with enforced RP and GM's constantly giving missions, creating events etc. Could even charge extra from people on this server. I know many that would happily pay.
    -Graphic compareable to Vanguard or better. A highly developed graphic core without flaws.
    -Some scaleable dungeons, like SP. Can be a lot of fun.
    I got more, just cant think of it atm..
  12. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

i think Vanguard was meant to be what EQ3 should have become... but failed. Does anyone still play VG? I think there are more EQ1 players then VG players.
    The return of Beastlords will mark the end of EQ2 and doom EQ3 before it launches.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

I for one am tired of all of the hate tossed at beastlords. This isn't eq1 this is eq2. Perhaps in eq1 they were overpowered because it really wasn't meant to be a soloable game.
    Eq2 is highly soloable by all classes. Adding beastlords wouldn't break the game for anyone.
    If you have a hatred for the class, don't play it. That aside, stop with the bs that beastlords are the prodigy of all things doom and gloom.
  14. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Jovie@Guk wrote:
    Shaman's spirit wolf pet from KOS Achievements is the closest thing you will ever see to Beastlords PERIOD. EQ2 will not add new classes PERIOD. I don't have a hatred of beastlords but I just don't see a point for them except for rose colored glasses and woolgathering. Shamans that go down the Achievement lines that buff the spirit pet are the closest thing to beastlords that EQ2 needs to have. whatever you thing they would do with beast lords it wouldn't be significant enough from Shaman's as they are now post KoS to be worth adding, without making it a broken class.
  15. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

ChildofHate wrote:
    I played vanguard during beta. I had high hopes and thought it was great at first then kept seeing all theast bugs. The character modles were horible and the game just wasnt fun. Yourd be fighting level 10 mobs then youd see a river with something beyond it you go over there witch about 100 yards away and bam they are leve 35 mobs. The game had promice. It was layed out horible. Sometimes i could walk around a few minutes with out even encourting a mob. The world was huge yes and I think eq3 should be build on something that scale because the scale of eq2 is laughable compared to vanguard. but The thing is the world was huge but there was nothing it it but ruins. (which i loved the runis because it gave the world age something that eq2 doent do very well) Mobs were very spread out and it just felt empty to me. And i didnt get the deplomacy stuff it didnt apeal to me. But over all Vanguard was a game with a lot of promice that just didnt deliver.
  16. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Wildmage wrote:
    There will never be a return of deities PERIOD. There will never be AA PERIOD. There will never be epics PERIOD.

Things the community believes will never come back obviously aren't set in stone.

However, I also believe that AA spec shaman are the closest that the game will ever get to beastlords.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zin`Carla Guest

ChildofHate wrote:
    +1
    devs don't let devs reintroduce BL's. BL's, Just say No. Don't drink and bring back BL's. Only you (devs) can prevent BL's... Only you.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

Gotta love the parade of stupid going on.....
    Well in all honesty, sony should merge the shaman, merge the bards, merge the wizards and merge the rogues and the clerics as well as the monks. That would clean up the classes for you and perhaps allow for sony to introduce some other classes that actually have some originality.
  19. ARCHIVED-Csky Guest

id love an eq3 and i love the way SoE keeps the core of eq1

o, and bring back the beastlord please :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Harvash Guest

ChildofHate wrote:
    QFE!
    Last I checked, all the beastlords went and died in a fire...RIP