eq2ui_mainhud_persona - error in script

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chaaskul, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Chaaskul Member

In the eq2iu_mainhud_persona there is a script error on line 1200 column 234 - there is no space where there should be one - yes this is a EQ2 downloaded file and not modified
    <<< script reads
    PackLocation="right,top"PackSize="fixed,absolute"
    >>>

<<<script should read
    PackLocation="right,top" PackSize="fixed,absolute"
    >>>

I'm trying to use UIbuilder to create a 4K friendly UI as the standard UI does allow windows and fonts to be resized. I've created FontArial25 using the font builder and just trying to get in incorporated. Going to create FontArial30 as well, so a little more choice for the growing number of users with higher resolution screens
    Forestchild likes this.
  2. Forestchild Well-Known Member

would love to help you out and help debug stuff if I can. if you use https://www.eq2interface.com/, you can look me up on there as tinydancer2016. I use resolution of 2560 x 1440 on a 48" Sony TV.

I have found this so far on the net and it works so far, but there is still some things that are small like the NPC bubble font reply, along with other places.

All you have to do is the following:

1.Go to Everquest2.exe - (also works for the eq2.exe)
    2.Right Click Icon and go to properties -
    3.Select Compatibility tab -
    4.Click Change High DPI settings -
    5.Select Override high DPI scaling behavior performed by SYSTEM.

Fixes the GUI on my 4k monitor setup on windows 11. Match's windows 11 scaling at 150% in Windowed Mode. Took me a few days to find this solution..... I have tested with Drums and Profit
    Hit me up on here or on eq2interface, and I can see about debugging some stuff for you.
  3. Chaaskul Member

to be honest, can't see any changes to the font size or windows - running at 2560 x 1440 @ 144Hz

native setting for 4K on mine is3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz - fonts are completely unreadable
    Forestchild likes this.