EQ2players ever going to be fixed?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-nitrous, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-nitrous Guest

[p]This is not meant as a /flame but is EQ2players ever going to be fixed? Let me explain some of the issues I see and I know there are more than these.[/p][p] EQ2players is no logner IE6 or IE7 friendly. What this means is that this browser will not display many of the pages correctly if at all. I have to now use a browser like Firefox, which handles the page without even the hint of a problem.[/p][p] Server discovery vs game discovery. I have 0 game discoveries and 12 (or there about) server discoveries. However EQ2players has the numbers backwards.[/p][p] Secondary Tradeskills. I am currently a Transmutter but again EQ2players shows me as a level 1 tinker. Dunno but maybe this is EQ's way of telling me I need to cahnge my secondary.[/p][p] These three problems are simple in nature and have to be easy to correct. I mean 2 of them are simply pulling data from the wrong database fields.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Nilgiris Guest

[p]I agree. Some of these fixes are very easy to resolve and don't need to wait for a scheduled downtime/patch to resolve. Fix the small things as they occur and that will go a long way to making us happy. The main gripe all of us have is there is no communication and no apparent effort to get anything fixed. I personally don't subscribe to the extra's because I would not get what I am paying for, but the lack of Roster updates still affects me and my guild website...[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I'm still crossing my fingers that the old forum thread will make it over here.
  4. ARCHIVED-BWLeeEllison Guest

[p][size="medium; color: #0099ff"][face="comic sans ms,sand">What I am wondering is when will Sony ever fix it so you can log in to EQ2players.com[/p][p][size="medium"][face="Comic Sans MS"]The little log in on the upper left corner times out every time, and the sign in/change user at top center does log you in but takes you away from eq2players.com.[/face][/size][/p][p]color][/face][/p][p] [/p][/SIZE]
  5. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

Small guilds aren't even searchable, the database parameters are skewed to 7+ members. Character infos are skewed/false, I've reported this more than once, yet nothing has been done. I too pay extra money for eq2players extra, but I'm not receiving what I'm supposed to be paying for. I /bugged and /reported this two months ago, and am still waiting for a fix. Where's my customer service?
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]pffft, hopes dashed on the old threads making it over here. I'm not impressed. And no, the service still remains a waste of money. Three months now, and we are still missing functionality we had on the old site. This after being told that it was not intended to remove functionality.[/p][p]Come on. The guys (and ladies;)) rebuilding rostermaster have already come out with working versions that are less buggy than this site.[/p][p]I think they need a little more manpower on the website issues.[/p][p]Side Note: At least Jabru was able to post a rather accurate reproduction of his last updated fix it list.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Amocus Guest

I'm still hoping that guild chat will work one day.
  8. ARCHIVED-moghedian Guest

This whole thing with EQ2Players....I was happy the way it was before the "improvements" really....Global vs Server discoveries I think has been an issue since inception...I think the whole "new" thing is too clunky and just....cumbersome....I'm thinking of dropping it too, really.... I'll come by and check the Global vs Server thing and just kind of get.....irked..... when it still shows up wrong. If $ were switched for ¢.......or £ for p.....as far as what was paid for subscription...I'm sure that would be caught and fixed right away... If it is broke we shouldn't have to pay... and the first thing I see when logging is the Global/Server thing edit: /Change of Subject...sort of.... I would like to see as well...If I'm logged in, select my guild, and click on Guild Leaderboards on the right side..I would like the default to be My Guild Members....most rares, most kills, etc, status...not some other guilds....make the default your current guild and then go from there. Is there a screen like the old one? I see lot's of junk on the left..both in IE and Firefox...and then when guild listings start..it's all black.....lots of wasted space I like playing but this end is very, very frustrating
  9. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

No, there isn't a internal guild rankings page like you're talking about anymore. That is one of the things that people have been posting to try and get back. You definitely aren't the only one wishing they hadn't tried this "improved" site. We lost a lot of functionality that we still haven't gotten back. We can only hope that they fix this soon.
  10. ARCHIVED-Blaidd Guest

What I want most from this is to be able to see the achievments page and thats just horrible to look at in any browser. Due to my job I have IE 6, 7, Opera and Firefox installed and it works in none of them. I basically see the code rather than the results. I would guess its a simple typo as to why its not showing but its been like this ages. I agree we are paying for this extra service so it should be hold as high a priority as tweaks to the game.
  11. ARCHIVED-MorBain Guest

The search options for various areas are very pathetic. I would think that this place would have the best database. But don't feel bad sony. My work website for an office store is constantly a headache. But if its been a few years ya would think these things would be hammered out by now. So ya both fail with a F. Sometimes I wonder if paying for the site is worth it.
  12. ARCHIVED-BWLeeEllison Guest

[size="medium; color: #0099ff"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]When you pay for a service, and the service fails to perform, it is seldom if ever worth it. SOE, come out of the break room RIGHT NOW and fix the shizza so I can actually say I got what I paid for!![/face][/size]