EQ2Players completely down now?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Zacarias Guest

I have the same issue, after weeks of being run around and getting scripted replies to my support request I got the following:
    "Greetings eq4john,

Thank you for your continued interest with EQ2/EQPlayers site. Since the fees for Station Players were dropped, the resources to maintain these sites are very limited. As a result of this any resolutions to the problems plaguing Station Players remain to be undetermined. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

Regards,

Dennis G.
    Technical Support Representative
    Sony Online Entertainment"
    I was not happy with this as a response after almost 3 weeks of jumping through support hoops and responded with my "true feelings" on the matter which I wont post here as they are not pleasant. The reply I got to this after weeks of passing me from one person to the next and asking me to describe the problem over and over was:
    "Greetings eq4john,

There is no charge for Station Players and I simply wanted to inform you of the truth. If you would like I can forward the information you supplied over to our Web Presence team. However, as stated previously it may take quite some time before it does get fixed.

Regards,

Dennis G.
    Technical Support Representative
    Sony Online Entertainment"
    t
  2. ARCHIVED-fanatica Guest

I was told by soe that players is no longer supported. If they do get support in the future, they will announce it.
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Gargamel wrote:
    This is completely inaccurate.
    SOE contracted with a third party AFK Interactive to build a new EQ2 Mobile app for iPhone, Blackberry, and Droid. It pulls data from a new Data Feeds service which no website or service has had access to until now. EQ2Players is pulling data from an obsolete database which will soon be replaced with the Data Feeds server. Fan Sites will also get access to this data.
    I think the Mobile apps are having trouble because they're not caching the data.
  4. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Well a miracle has happened. Eq2players.com is actually up again.
    Character search, I assume guild search as well is still broken though. As expected.
  5. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

No it still down lol and I cant even do a search for myself. I guess they decided to close the web site down. Oh well I guess its better than it showing 3 month old data.
    To bad for me as I dont have an iphone or anything like that so now I guess those aps mean nothing to me.
    It would be nice form Amnery's or smed himself to come in here and say something like hey look were going to work on something new in the future until then were shutting this broken thing down.
  6. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

isest wrote:
    Weird, I came to the forums just now (8:25 AM Pacific time, Jan 30th) by going to EQ2players.com and then clicking the forum link. My last post was from today as well. But it was down a couple hours before my last post today.
    But I do agree that we need a "redname" to come in here and say SOMETHING. Even if "Hey, we just have put it on the back burner for a bit". Might irritate me if that is what they say, but at least we'd know.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Monkeymezza@Runnyeye wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Jrel@Butcherblock wrote:
    QFT & /agree. Every function that was mentioned by the person you quoted I used as well. The site is up but the search is still very broken. I can't even search for my own main character.
  10. ARCHIVED-Stubbswick Guest

Search being down has been inconvenient, but in the last week or so even my existing links to characters don't work. I made 4 bookmarks for my level 90 toons, so I could know who had what when rolling on alt gear. These links still worked for the longest time, even when search didn't. Now they don't work either.
    It seemed to happen around the time the mobile app launched. I'm glad there's a mobile app (although it's still incredibly buggy for me - sometimes I can't log in at all, others only for a few minutes).
    And you know, I could accept the fact that the site isn't being maintained. But if that's the case, I wish they would release some sort of API to the community. I'm sure there are quite a few people who could take it and run, and do things in their spare time that would end up benefiting everyone.
  11. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

This website is a JOKE!!!! They are ready to release a new expac and have a nonfuctioning website. IDIOTS!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Search for Guilds, Characters, Items does not work On Internet explorer, FireFox, Chrome or Opera ... yes I have all of them and tried them all today just to make sure it was not firefox. It has not worked for a long time.
    edit: My toons list but the search does not work for the toon page either
  13. ARCHIVED-Darln Guest

They need to fix it or shut it down and remove it completely.
  14. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

BIG, FAT, HEAPING PILE OF SHIIT!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Given where we are today, SOE would have served it's players better if they had not driven Magelo out of EQ2 in the beginning.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cdtek Guest

Been playing this game since 2004 and this is one of the things that broke the camels back.. among other things Eq2's own interest in this latest expac has really been non existent.If you watch that dev webcast they have out they look like totally they could give a care less about the game anymore. Im finally done and i think im finally done with soe all together. Just cancelled 10 of my accounts and will not be renewing.And yea im an avid boxer but this game has gone way down the toilet.. Other thoughts glad i didnt preorder the new expac or i would have been out over $400. Take care guys.
  17. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

It would appear that they have a phone app for folks with that type of phone, they went and got that together and totally ignored the problems we have with eq2players.
    That is a problem and I would like to see smokejumper comment on why (1) they have an app now, and (2) they are ignored those of us who don't have that type of cell phone or service.
    You would think both an app and a website would benifit all their player base.
    Frustrated ATM.
  18. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

isest wrote:
    Looks like the reason it hasn't been fixed is due to the above to me.
    Rather amusing they still have this forum listed under 'Services' when they have no damn clue what Services even are.
    Nice that Smokescreen can comment in threads he has an interest in and let so many other unresolved issues go unanswered.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

AFAIK, the phone app relies on EQ2Players working correctly. Initial reports say the app doesn't work (and pitches Java errors all over the place) when EQ2Player's isn't working.
    It appears the phone app is just as dependent on the same faulty source of information EQ2Players is using, or it's dependent on EQ2Players itself. Rather ironic they release a new "service" that depends on a "service" that CS has been claiming "isn't a priority."
  20. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

I love this game, but I am seriously considering leaving as well.
    This is absolutely without a doubt idiotic. Really it cost you all that much money to maintain a freaking website that lets see I alone have given SOE well over $2000 for the last 7 years. SOE you yourself have brought down yourself by not listening to us long time players, we kept warning you and warning you. Rift is coming out in a month and if you don't think there won't be a mass exodus your are fooling yourself, especially when your customer service is loosy and then you won't maintain things that long time players use all the time. The game isn't a challenge anymore and you keep dumbing it down further and further and you refuse to listen to the fact we want a challenge. You refuse to upgrade your hardware and it is mind boggleing how a 6 year old game runs like pooh on newer computers that everyone has tried to upgrade to make the game run smooth and still doesn't. Every expansion it is the same thing over and over again nothing new except you keep bending over the crafters between the market place items and shard gear. Piece of advice crafted items should be the best next to fabled and mythical, period. We should not have to spend hours and hours and days and days and days getting enough shards to make one stinking piece of gear when we already harvest for rares. Then to slap us long time players in the face you release expansion packs with everything on it but long term players get no discount even though we have already paid for each of those new expansions and zones. Then you opened the stupid free server that either people can't choose there favorite races because the ones you let us choose are just freaking ugly, we can't use the broker, etc but that is failing as well because people aren't as stupid as you think we are. The market place is a waste of money and in all reality your long term accounts should get those items as rewards for sticking it out with you. Then every blasted week you bring down the servers for usually your mistakes, because you just can't leave it alone. A seven year old game should NOT have to be brought down every blasted week. I have gotten to the point I am tired of wasteing and giving my money to a company that will NOT listen, won't do anything about players that use channels to harass others and keep dumbing down the game to bring in below standard intelligent players that ruin the game for everyone and for some reason you listen to them and not us.