EQ2Players completely down now?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

It all seems to be back up and running now
  2. ARCHIVED-Apollyonis Guest

The Guk Server is down
  3. ARCHIVED-Hersche Guest

Ive noticed the issue with the headers for a while now as well. If I log in and try to search I get just the header and no character info, yet if I don's sign in I can search characters just fine.
  4. ARCHIVED-Minorious Guest

Now if they can just fix the accuracy of the data, which is completely wrong for both characters and guilds.
    Since the Najena/Unrest merge, our guild has doubled with players NOT in our guild, Guild members' characters are coming up with wrong data such as wrong levels, Class, and even Race in one case. Many alts are not showing up either.
    I've started another thread with more details about this, so I hope SOE looks into it. Right now, NO character or Guild data is accurate and we can't trust it at this time.
    Bones.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheFever Guest

Having the same problem, but only on one account. If i log in on main account, all i get is the header and blank page for profiles of all toons on that account. If i log to second account, all works fine. Appears to be a bug in SOE database related to accounts.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

The guild, character and item searches appear to be completely broken once again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Spritelady Guest

Yeah worked fine yesterday, now I can't search anything without getting the An Error Has occured contact CS (which is useless as no one at SOE gives a crap about EQ2players)
  8. ARCHIVED-Raster Guest

Subject
    Not able to edit EQ2 Station Players character admin settings
    Response (TSR Dennis G.) 01/26/2011 11:54 AM
    Greetings xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your continued interest with EQ2/EQPlayers site. Since the fees for Station Players were dropped, the resources to maintain these sites are very limited. As a result of this any resolutions to the problems plaguing Station Players remain to be undetermined. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

Regards,

Dennis G.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pereset Guest

I received the same answer for my problems that I have been having ever since the mergers.
    Thank you for your continued interest with EQ2/EQPlayers site. Since the fees for Station Players were dropped, the resources to maintain these sites are very limited. As a result of this any resolutions to the problems plaguing Station Players remain to be undetermined. We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.
    As a guild leader, I was able to use EQ2 Players for recruiting, checking on a prospective player, or even using the site for my guild, checking my stats against other players, etc. I did not make the decision to drop the fees for Station Players. What is the sense now, of even having the website, if the company that created it no longer is willing to maintain it? None of this happened until the mergers. What really seems unfair, is that if you were on one of the receiving servers, you had no problems. Many of us that were on the transferring servers were adversely affected by this decision, and now we are paying the price for it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mezza Guest

Raster wrote:
    Well you can't fault the guys honesty but that is a terrible answer. I used to pay the fee, it wasn't my idea to drop it. They chose to do it and now say they cannot afford to keep the site going? What a joke. I don't think they quite understand how useful the site was or how much it was used by people.
    As people have already mentioned it was nice to check the site when people apped to the guild. Even seemingly daft things like wealth could be checked upon which was nice to see where you were on the server. I know many guildies would check for largest damage hits etc. Having the site as it stands is just removing another one of the fun aspects from the game.
    I still cannot understand why they changed it. The old one, though not perfect, worked. They then carried out a complete revamp and it has gone to the dogs ever since. If money was the issue why didn't they just leave it as it was?
  11. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

pretty sure its against the TOS to post official replies from GM's So get ready for that to disappear.
  12. ARCHIVED-trace42 Guest

This thread is now over two weeks old, and not one "official" response from Sony. everquest2.com is STILL broken, and will continue to be broken unless repaired. There are plenty of broken MMO's online that are free-to-play, not many that are pay-to-play. Fix it already. We pay you to do it.
  13. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Data has been spotty for a long time, which is why I thought they stopped charging for it. The last few days I've been trying to search for characters, my own and friends, and get "An error has occurred". I do see the main page with the various things for sale, but the search is broken for me. If I understand posts in this thread, the search may be disabled for good?
  14. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

It was broken, it was fixed and now it's broken again. Great job. Every time you guys break it, I need to rehide my alts :) Can you just default that to hiding rather than displaying please?
  15. ARCHIVED-FatKat Guest

I'm just curious as to what the troubles with eq2players, which basically is everquest2.com the main website for this game, gives as a first impression to potential newcomers to the game. If the site is shambles does it give the impression that maybe the game is in shambles too? Maybe it gives the impression that the game gets worked on so hard that there's no time/budget left for the site? I'm thinking it gives at least somewhat of a mixed impression at the least.
  16. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

I agree. Please make the default setting for alts to hide them. Gets annoying when characters you use to get away from your guild/usual friends get found out because you forgot to hide them on Eq2players.
  17. ARCHIVED-Scrawl Guest

Dott@Guk wrote:
    Ditto. Surely Sony has got to be thoroughly embarrassed by EQ2players by now. It should either be taken down, or made to work. Maybe they'll be able to fix it when they finish fixing Sentinel's Fate, which will be after they finish launching and then fixing and then fixing Velious.

True story.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Actually sony went a different direction and did an in-house iphone and droid app (free in the store), which apparently also uses same same eq2players search and chat, etc.
    It looks pretty slick actually, but constantly drops connection and returns server errors which are eq2players related not app related.
  19. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiil broken
  20. ARCHIVED-Curiel Guest

Since I use the site a lot, "flaws and all" I've been looking for threads on this issue and this is the third one. Maybe we'll get an answer if we just keep asking. I've posted to all of the threads I've found so far.

SOE please fix the site and keep us updated on the fixes like you use to do. You've got some pretty dedicated players out there. Help us out. Frustration just leads to finding something more fun to do.