EQ2Players completely down now?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Well EQ2Players really seems like it has up and died now ... and yes I am fully aware it's been "dead" for years.
    I am not able to pull up ANY of my own characters or anyone else's for that matter. The only thing that loads is the background and header art.
  2. ARCHIVED-Binek Guest

yep I have noticed it also.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Seems to be working fine now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dillin Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    You can search toons? I can't... and haven't for God knows how long. You know SOE you might pass along to your web team that 9% of the population is unemployed. Someone out there would love the job of maintaining the site.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Blikz@The Bazaar wrote:
    I use it all the time to check gear on my toons when bidding on raid loot for alts. I use Firefox 3.6.13, not sure if it might be browser related.
  6. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I just now tried it again and still nothing... just the background and header artwork load.
    I use IE8
  7. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I just downloaded Firefox 3.6.13 and tried to look up my characters.. it is doing the exact same thing as with Internet Explorer... just the background and header art... nothing else.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tyrantanic Guest

Search functions been broken for me for the past week as well.
  9. ARCHIVED-Freyar Guest

I have had no luck for a long while on any EQ2Players content for awhile. Hell, I was having trouble with it back in February of 2010.
  10. ARCHIVED-KatieKatana Guest

Can we get some official information please as to when we can expect EQ2 Players to come back up please. It's been down for far to long and I may of missed a post somewhere but seems there's no information on as to why it's down or when it will be back.
  11. ARCHIVED-AnjelikaR Guest

Our Guild Launch site uploads the roster from EQ2 Players every day and it's been coming back as an empty roster for a couple days now. Would really love to hear some sort of update on when this might be working again.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

It would be nice to be treated with something other than contempt for a change. Despite taking misdirected flack from users when my own software isn't working due to eq2players problems I do at least try to treat users with a modicum of respect and reply when they report issues.
  13. ARCHIVED-zorkan Guest

The EQ2 homepage is just shameful. I can't believe that a company that is selling online services doesn't care enough to have a running web page these days. It seriously blows my mind.
  14. ARCHIVED-Old_Oeridians Guest

If you know your character number you can still bring up your updated information at:
    http://everquest2.com/character/cha...cternumberhere/
    Make sure you use the trailing / or it doesn't work. If you don't know your character number then you are screwed at this moment. For the last week I have been unable to do lookups except by character number.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Nope, completely black square when I try to go to any of my character's profiles on IE8, Firefox or Chrome (and yes, I have the most current Adobe Flash player and Java installed if those are required). Rest of the site seems to be working fine (well, except leaderboards of course ).
  16. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

I know its not a perfect fix and only if you have an android based phone will this work. But there is a free app on the market called Quest Forever. You can search characters on it and view their equipment. It also allows you to talk in guild chat . Note: it doesn't work for EQ2x guild chat not sure on the search function.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

Padeshar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint but the app uses the EQ2Players.com web site as the source of its data so if the searches don't work in a browser, they won't work any better in Quest Forever. Guild chat does still work but for new users you have to be able to search for a guild first before you can use the chat system.
    Thanks for the plug though
  18. ARCHIVED-Keirie Guest

eq2players.com is the same as everquest2.com is it not? Because when i type in eq2players.com it takes me to everquest2.com. I was doing character searches there to find out if any of my characters would be impacted by the server merge between Lucan D'Lere and Crushbone, none of my toons will be effected thankfully. But the weird part is that two of my toons names did not show up when i did a search, but then again neither did they show up as being on Crushbone so i should be okay with them and not have to worry about an x on the end of their names. ;) The names that did not show up on everquest2.com in the character search do appear under my profile on this site, so maybe the player page is a bit messed up?
  19. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

I do belive this is a permissions issue.
    I belive with everyone that just has the eq2 background comming up it is when they are signed in.
    If you do not sign in you can see profiles that are not locked
    but of course if yours are like mine and locked you are SOL thanks to SOE
  20. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I have noticed this as well... sort of. If I am not logged in then I can search one character, one time. If I leave that particular page, or log in etc. then I just get the blank page with the header graphic.