EQ2Players.com - What features do you typically use?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-DarkViper, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

Hi all,
    Besides the obvious that some areas of the site need some fixes (which is covered in separate threads), what features do you typically use on EQ2Players.com? Also, what features would you want to have?
    Thanks for the feedback,
    - Jacob
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I use the following all the time:
    Character Profile
    Alts Profile
    AA Profile
    Item Lookup
    Character Lookup
    Guild Lookup
    Rankings
  3. ARCHIVED-Mysticdraco Guest

I don't have a full EQ2Players account, but I look up other's gear and the leaders boards quite a bit.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

I use a lot:
    • character profile for rankings of my own chars (wishing I could pwave)
    • checking alts of other players
    • checking progress of friend's toons
    What I'd like:
    • finished quests
    • not-finished quests
    • sending mail in-game (only allowing guildies!)
    • quicker updates of character profiles (range of 15 mins, not days)
  5. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Before I cancelled all the features, I used the following ones a bit:
    • Player profiles (general idea of what kind of gear they are wearing)
    • Player alts (this was a biggie)
    • Some leaderboards.
    The leaderboards are a huge area for improvement. Mainly because some of them that are "WW all classes" or "Serverwide all classes" are not representative because of variations by class. For example, if you look at WW most masters... the list of who appears on there depends mostly on class, because some classes have far more spells than others. Those leaderboards would be more useful if it was a percentage-based approach. (IE 95% of all masterable spells instead of 135 masters, as a made-up example). Same with "Most recipes known" -- and here it's even more useless since you do not see a breakdown by class and yet that HUGELY influences the # of recipes.
    Back when it actually worked, I used the chat with guild function. I'd love to have that fixed, it was actually useful (since then you could talk in /gu even when you could not get in game).
    So, things I'd like to see added, expanded, or fixed:
    • Definately more frequent updates
    • A chat with guild that works. The old one had a clunky interface to boot, a complete redo with a sleeker system would be nice.
    • Better appearance on many of the pages. The item icons are always messed-up looking on the character profile, for one thing.
    • Better item database search. Make it an honest-to-goodness useful item database, including where it comes from and, if it is dropped, the drop rate data that Zam seems to get. But if the item DB part is to be useful, you should be able to do advanced searches on it... IE find me L80 items that are quest rewards with at least +50 to heal. This feature would probably be a pain in the rump to develop well, but I think it would also be the showstopper.
    • Better leaderboards that are either normalized by class or at least make sense.
    • More leaderboards in general
    • Make all this stuff included in Station Access (or give a discount) ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-cuchulainn16 Guest

This is all great feedback. Please keep it coming. I can't promise that we can implement everything you would like but we are definitely listening and your feedback is crucial.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

I stopped pretty much using EQ2Players over the past year due to lack of regular updates and such, but these are the features I was using before (and would use again if things improved):
    • Character profiles (see what guild they're in, what are their alts, last played date)
    • Leaderboards (per class/per server)
    And of course, whatever data gets pushed through the XML/CSV feeds. And in this case, the more the better :)
    Amongst the things that would be nice (but not sure if doable): being able to view a character's past guild history would be a boon to guild leaders / recruiting officers. It would be nice being able to view a list of the past guilds a character has been a member of (at least those he stayed long enough for it to be shown on their character profile).
  8. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

In the past, I primarily used it for the character profiles and leaderboards, but I canceled paying for it when it basically became completely broken and abandoned by SOE.
  9. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Eq2.players has huge potential and I'm glad you guys are finally looking into it instead of letting your cust base spend money on outside sites to manage their guilds. I never understood why you didn't implament these features better.
    Anyway water, bridge blah blah.
    Guild tools,
    A working guild websites that people can actually get into and edit. For the last 4 years I've tried (unsucessfully) to edit our guild website and been told "you don't have access to do so." Get with your guild leader in game to have them grant access... I am the guild leader!
    On the guild boards there should be forums (of course) a Calendar, Mail system, News, pretty much everything that guild portal provides. But also...
    DKP system database not that program you half heartedly attempted a year ago, I mean a real database! that can track points, raids, attendance, Loot, where the loot came from (tied into the game) and what mob, Members attended. Point spendning stats, how much items are worth points wise, how much members spent on the item. etc... Alt's of mains spending points for alts or mains. Member attendance percentages. Master spell turn in for DKP. Include in the database a searchable function of the current raid tables.
    Why don't SOE have their own lootdb.com?! this amazed me, it's your game! you should have a function in game that brings up all loot from a targeted mob (that has been dicoed to date) by clicking the "show me the money" button.
    Screen shots prompt that, when you take a screenshot asks if you would like to save this directly to the guild web site for news updates.
    Lock out timers for all members that guild leaders can click to check who's locked out of what and when they can re-enter (tie this into the calendar).
    Tie the mail system of the guild web site into the in-game mail with mass mails to the guild, and ranks from the website. Or select members from the guild roster on the web site.
    The ability to post raid stratigiest flags in zones from the website at a predetermined time. IE I set up a raid for Friday at 9:00 have the raid atratisist post a flag at a predetermined spot at 9:30 at coord XX, XX, XX Once per day.
    The ability to promote, demote and remove members form the guild rooster.
    The ability for members to select a upgrade item slot that they wish to upgrade and identify which mob it comes from and to post to the raid notice message IE a wish list of who wants what Item.
    What mythical (and similar quests) updates they need to complete X quest. So a guild/raid leader can how many people need X mob for flagging updates. This would be awesome if you can tie it into the guild tool in game also.
    Also keys and flags, and who's flagged for what. Make this also interactive with the calendar, IE I want to join a raid doing VP but I haven't killed Levi, so it won't let me sign up for the VP raid.
    Just some ideas.
  10. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

Loxus@Everfrost wrote:
    Thanks Loxus. For the guild admin issues, that's actually something that is a bit more complex. You had to be the creator of the guild web site, and in which case the creator should have granted anyone access that needed it via the admin panel. If you PM me your character name, server name and guild name, I can get that sorted. If anyone else has a similar issue, the best way to do this is to open a CS ticket and they can sort it out as well now -- we created a new tool that would allow for us to handle these wheneveer they came up.
  11. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

before i cancelled all the extra stuff i use to look at character achievements(world disco's, server disco's, deaths, how fast to specific levels etc) and the item database to see what item has been disco'd on what server and by whom.
  12. ARCHIVED-MoeSizlak Guest

Player and guild profiles are the 2 biggest for me.
    Areas that could use improvement I would say is the sortability of a guild roster and the item search in general.
    Features I would like to see added...
    1) quest journal with both completed and in-progress tabs
    2) faster refresh of character data - or a way to push character data in game to update to players (would be important with the quest journal feature)
    3) a census search that can be done both by server and worldwide that will just give class counts and can be filtered/sorted by level range as well.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

As others have said:
    • Faster Refreshes
    • Better searching (player and leaderboard)
    • Better AA examination. The current AA tool on the site is horrid.
    How possible is it to link the players quest journal into this? Permissions would need to be gotten right.
    More statistics in aa (like the breakup of exploration, quest, named kills etc).
    It would be awesome if we could have the player profiles to display character modifiers as well, like crit, reuse, recast, base, +damage etc.
    Essentially id be looking at any stat that can be seen ingame should be available on eq2players. Well, this is the dream anyway
  14. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Leaderboard stuff mostly. As someone that is achievement and trophy focused I would, as others have said, like to see a much more consistent update to the site.
    I do hope the web team is working with the game devs on porting the new achievement system for viewing as well
  15. ARCHIVED-cuchulainn16 Guest

This feedback is excellent and I really want to thank you all for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is good to hear what is important to you and how we can improve the site. Many of the issues and suggestions brought up are known to us already and we are working hard to bring them to you. Some may be technically more challenging then others, so please hang in there. I understand the current frustrations with eq2players and I can assure you we are committed to making things better. We will be keeping you in the loop and value your feedback when changes are being rolled out so we can make adjustments.
  16. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

Used to be able to chat with guild while not in game from the guild site on eq2players... cant now. but many in guild have said they wish they could.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Dawnslight@Befallen wrote:
    They are developing a new "chat with guild" feature from the ground up and scrapping the old one (which doesn't work) when they're done. That was one of my favorite features (back when it worked) as well.
  18. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

I use it to look at my characters at work (at lunchtime like now) especially the rankings.
    I aim to get one adventure level per alt per month (for those not maxed) and the history (when updated) is useful for that. It can also trigger memories.
    Sometimes I look at the achievements if I am think about changing them.
    Sometimes I look at my characters' gear to
    Sometimes I look at the alts of a player applying to join my guild
    Sometimes I look at the pictures I have uploaded, but not often.
    I sometimes looked up spells but that hasn't been updated with the name changes.
    I sometimes look up items.
    Sometimes I play with the leader boards. For example I found that my guild were number one on our server for most deaths which was good for a laugh in the guild forum (though we have slipped to number two recently).

I would like to see more ranking and history information (though first I would like the current information to be more accurate/complete).
    • Dates when major questlines are completed - Shadow Odyssey Timeline,Fabled&Mythical epics, Sword of Destiny, Claymore, Godking, Prismatic, Master Crafter
    • Number of heritage/signature quests done
    • Dates when certain achievement landmarks are reached, perhaps every 10, perhaps 50,100,140,200.
    • First kill dates for major mobs - like Trakanon
  19. ARCHIVED-Silerua Guest

Some of the features I use very regularly are all related for one purpose... BOOKS!
    - Item Discovery, to find out who discovered an oddball book I wanted
    - The main Character Profile page, to find out if they've logged on recently (if I'm lucky and they haven't locked their account)
    - The Alts listing, to see if they have an alt that logs on more regularly (if the discoverer doesn't) that I can stalk... I mean... make friends with with ulterier motives
    Though I use this less and less because I know where all the books I have left come from pretty much, they are still very handy-dandy features that I like. Something I've always wondered... Is it just a package I need to purchase extra, or could we ever see server-by-server discoveries? There are some items that I wonder if they just got some "help" in receiving the item, and if they were the only person to ever disco it, then I could assume as much. Or does the item package thingie that it tells me to get when I view item disco have more handy specific information, like... maybe... where they were when they discovered it? I don't know how you all keep track of this info, but I assume that'd require more game/website interaction than is already there, and I don't really have any desire to increase you guys' workload to that extreme. I'm just throwing out things that'd be handy for me... uh... *cough* I mean for people -like- me.
  20. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

For my previous response achievements now mean AA
    For the highest entries it would be nice to have a date and zone.
    It would be nice to have some of the new achievements stuff available - total points, achievements done, triumphs done with leader boards.
    It would be nice to have some Most Recent fields - quest completed, achivement done, named killed