EQ2 Won't Launch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shivur12, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Shivur12 New Member

I've read them all. I read about running everything as admin. i tried running in ALL compatabilty and not in compatablity. ive downloaded and installed DX9 multiple times. ive restarted my PC. ive uninstalled and reinstalled both non steam and steam version multiple times. ive valited game files/assets on both non steam and steam version. ive changed my EQ2 settings ive ran Everquest2.exe and EQ2.exe with all different options i previously mentioned. im at wits ends i can NOT get this game to work. i have an i7 5700k with 16g of ram i was just playing on Kaladim last year. i did a PC wipel since then and now all of a sudden the damn game wont work anymore. i just made a ticket to DBG too but i know their customer service isnt even sub par because it doesnt make them any money. i just want to play EQ2 lol pleeeeease help me
  2. Shivur12 New Member

i have a GTX 1070 graphics card too
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What exactly happens when you try to start the game? Tell us step by step. Pics or the text of any error messages you get would help.

EQ2 is picky and specifically wants DX9.0.c, by the way.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to use the launcher for a week. I've just been signing in using the exe file. Not sure what the deal is as my wife can sign in on her account on the same computer using the launcher?
  5. redindus Active Member

I have been having this issues as well, half of the time it doesnt load the stuffs on the launcher. I manage to clean out the cookies and still does it. Even my gf is upset, she subbed the game and having a hard time logging in too. Idk have something to do with Steam?
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nobody can help you if you can't describe the steps you followed, and what the exact error message said.

LOTS of people have been getting login errors. I just close the Launchpad and try again. I generally get in on the second try.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. redindus Active Member

That the problems, it doesnt mention any error code or anything, just support in the middle window. It did mention about remove the cookies, but it doesnt alway work. She told me, wasnt happy with it, gonna cancel her membership. I did what i could for her. Beside its even annoying for me as well, having to keep trying to login every ten to thirty seconds. Being a member shouldnt have to wait like that.
  8. Crash218 New Member

Same problem for me. Was playing fine until last week. My laptop decided to install a large Windows 10 update and ever since all I get is either a white or a black box where the launchpad sign in should be. I've tried the DirectX 9 steps but no luck.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have the people experiencing this issue created a Support Ticket yet?
  10. Crash218 New Member

I opened a support ticket but they didn't make it easy...lol.
  11. Crash218 New Member

Update on this post. The support ticket was responded to very quickly but the response came back that my machine was out of minimum specs and they could not guarantee that the game would run and they apologized for the inconvenience.

I wasn't about to let this go so easily so I updated my system BIOS and my graphic card drivers and guess what - the game started running again.

If this is happening to you as well don't give up! Found out that the latest Microsoft Windows 10 updates messed with a LOT of native drivers.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Win10 has been a problem for me, too. It installs a bunch of phone-app-like things, one of which is some kind of gaming tool... and that reduced my EQ2 FPS to like 11. It took a bunch of Googling to find out how to get the bloatware off my machine. Every few updates they gack my graphics drivers too, and I end up reinstalling from the manufacturer's website. I use DirectX's DXDiag.exe tool to see what exactly I have in teh way of drivers and their dates.