EQ2 very expensive

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Jan 9, 2018.

1. juliette06 Member

i am french and pay already every month for playing EQ2..i bought PoP also ..

in a quest for a faction i need to craft a "starfire agregate" which is a level 100 tradeskill!!!!

and i am level 20 tradeskill!

i just need this starfire agregate to go on on this quest!!! i don't want to be level 100 tradeskill!!

and i don't like at all tradeskill..i don't want to pay a level 100 boost tradeskill buying the premium version of Pop (70 euros)

i pay enough money in this game ..14 euros each month and 35 for PoP!

and just to finish one quest i would be obliged to purchase a premium version of PoP just to be level 100 tradeskill??

no and no they exagerate

the two other factions of PoP need level 2 tradeskill!!

why level 100 to craft this starfire agregate??

anyone has a solution about that?please help or i should give up EQ2 because i am stuck:(

a french player

sorry for my mistakes

Giuliette
  2. SteveB Active Member

3. Dude Well-Known Member

Pay for the upgraded edition or level up your crafter enough to be able to do what you need. Those are your options.

Also, yet another thread on this issue: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/what-happened-to-no-pre-req.582438/page-2
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No need to apologize for being French. Your English is considerably better than my French, which I'm sad to say is confined to words like caviar, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Haut Brion, and escargot, haha.
    That said, you've got a toon that you've had since May of last year, which means you would have possibly already been exposed to KA Ascending and Epic 2.0, which clearly required people to raise their crafting level in order to complete it--meaning L100. What did your character accomplish in Kunark Ascending during that time? PoP simply continues with that with the Startfire Aggregate. While I get you don't like crafting, it would take you maybe an 1-2 hours to actually get to L20. That's easy enough to achieve just doing the Quo harvesting questline out of Isle of Mara.
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

You only need to be tradeskill level 20 to complete it, but it won't necessarily be easy to do. Make sure you use your spells properly to make progress while keeping from failing - might take a couple attempts to figure out and get right, but it should be completely doable.
    Drona, Finora and Spindle like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

This quest has been reduced to level 20 tradeskill.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Anhari Active Member

Why did they reduce it to L20 for a L100 expansion? I would prefer it to remain at the appropriate level for expansion and make you level up your tradeskill levels as appropriate. Just my 2cp
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Because it's been a long-time policy that tradeskilling and adventuring remain independent of one another, i.e. you don't have to level one to be successful in the other. That's why we have the commission system and that the majority of crafting steps to adventuring quest arcs only require Artisan 9.
    Tekka, Duhikae and Finora like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Policies change. It definitely changed for KA.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  10. Tillamook Member

If anyone on Halls of Fate needs help with something, be it a crafted item or need something made, I would be glad to do it for free in most cases. I know what it is like to struggle from the bottom. Some people like to charge a lot to do this or that, but there are those that would be glad to help someone who needs it. I do not mind giving out a rare harvest or something crafted for free as long as you pay it forward, and not necessarily pay me back. I play this game for fun and to relax and I enjoy helping others.
    Blazen and Prissetta like this.
  11. juliette06 Member

thanks all problem is solved!!
    as you said level 20 is enough ..and i succeeded
    thanks again:)
    Prissetta and Roxxlyy like this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Hi Roxxlyy,

First of all I like to take this opportunity to say that you are my favorite DBG employee and you do a wonderful job here at the forums with all these ungrateful players! You hard work is really appreciated by me! I am your number one fan :)

With that in mind, is there any chance you can reduce the epic 2.0 tradeskill level requirement down to 20 as well? pretty please? :p
    Lateana likes this.
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

LOL! Thank you thank you, I really love what I do.

Unfortunately (and regardless of flattery ;)) we won't be reducing the TS requirement for Epic 2.0 at this time. Though I understand the desire behind this, the timeline currently requires you to be "epic" on all fronts and we don't have any plans to change that.
    Drona, Dude, Zeddicious and 1 other person like this.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

Even with a broken heart, I am still your number one fan :D Your reply proves you are still awesome as ever!

With that in mind, is there any chance we will be able to buy TS boost from the market place any time soon? :)
  15. Tajar Well-Known Member

I would gladly pay real money for TS boosts. While you're at it, could you put the Adventure level tokens up to 100 now that we have a level increase? 95 - 100 is a nightmare to level up! Or, put the xp bonuses back in the old contested zones. I'd be happy with that. We can't farm tithe in those zones any more, so no need to have the XP still be nerfed :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I was thinking to start it, omg then saw the list of prereqs. Assuming this is only for people that were doing all these timelines over the years. Sure doesn't seem possible for people with a job that just started to get the epic 2.0
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

I asked that question during the PoP Q&A and the answer was a resounding No, it was for people who purchased the expensive expacs only. Same with the level 100 adventure boosts; they will not be on the marketplace, only the level 95 boosts.
  18. Drona Well-Known Member

Ah ic. Thanks for the reply.

However i am not sure about the 100 adventure boost since the max level now is 110 so never say never!
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. kerry33 New Member

I have come back to this game because the free to play games were WAY more expensive. I'm embarrassed to say what I spent on Pokémon go this past year. This game is for more complex and challenging. Niantic has the formula down for making you addicted. My name is Trickykerry and I'm an addict, :)
    Shanarias and Utulme like this.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome to the game and I hope you have fun and stay and play with us. Let us know what we can do to assist you.
    Utulme and Spindle like this.