EQ2 starting behavior

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Beee, May 3, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's the TL-ER6020? :confused:

Uwk
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay, some things to try.

Win7 is picky about permissions.Sometimes you have to twist its arm:
    1. Right click on the program launch icon.
    2. Left click on Properties.
    3. In the new window that pops, up click on the Compatibility tab.
    4. Under Privilege Level make certain that the box next to Run this program as administrator is checked.
    5. Click on Apply, then click on OK.
    6. Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator.
    Win10's most common problem with EQ2 is the DirectX version. EQ2 requires DirectX 9.0c. The version that ships with Win10 causes EQ2 to hack up hairballs. You can get DX9.0c from Microsoft. It installs alongside whatever Win10's DirectX 11 and they work properly side-by-side.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

VPN router, I think.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I tried that, and now my Win7 squawks all over the place, where it didn't before ("Do you REALLY want this scum-sucking, awful, rubbishy program to possibly make any horrific changes to your beloved hard drive? Are. You. SURE?!" "Why, yes; yes, thank you. Oh, and by the way, don't bother me like this ever again."), so I unchecked the "Run this program as administrator" check box and it doesn't yell for the Web police any more. I have no idea why, except maybe because it's Win7 Home Edition (I still rue the day I got that instead of Win7 Pro). :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta, Justaplayer and Dude like this.
  5. Rocketjones Active Member

No relevance to this thread since I only play live but, I also have long load times. I make coffee or breakfast. Running EQ2 on independent SSD, only program installed with 70gb of free space. 4.8ghz quad core, 16gb ram and win7. I reset my modem once a week or something. What to do?
  6. Jamiss Developer

Is this issue only seen when clicking play from the launchpad? Or launching the executable directly? Effectively, the launchpad just goes on to launch the game itself, but it does it in a slightly different manner than just launching the executable.

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you for working issues over the weekend.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They were here to wrestle the rebellious (was gonna say, "revolting," but decided against it ;->) gophers into submission today, so they might as well. ;->

Thanks, devs! :)

Uwk
    who now hopes they left something behind in my email re: my invisible toons... :-/
    Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  9. Rocketjones Active Member

This happens from either. I also get sent to character select with no characters from either login attempt, launchpad or executable.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When that happens, use the up key on your keyboard a few times. That usually forces the character list to show up.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"No characters" = invisible characters with their names and info for each showing up, or everything blank? 'Cause I'm having the "invisible characters with everything else there" bit happening. :(

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I will admit, this isn't happening on Test server, which is doing just dandy, thanks! :D

As is Thurgadin. ;->

US Live Region, though... :-/

Uwk