EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dexella, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunniboiler New Member

It is: Smedley just confirmed on twitter that "If you are from the Eu or UK you will go through Prosieben but it will be playing on SOE servers" (eta Meh, cant get that embedded twitter link thing to work =( )

ProSieben screwed my DCUO transfer too. Two max level characters, shedload of DLC and bought extras and been locked now for about a year. PSS1 CS are inept and can't seem to help - on the very rare occasions there's actually been someone around to try - and SOE says 'Sod off, you ain't our customer no more'.

Although, to be fair, PSS1 CS did say they'd "allow" (sic) me to create a new DCUO account linked to the same PSS1 account so I could start again - tho of course I would lose my locked character names, gear, achievements...etc and would have to pay to re-buy everything I'd already paid for. But hey, at least I can still play, amirite?

And SOE wonder why we don't want anything to do with PSS1...

Unfortunately, it also means I, personally, will have nothing to do with EQNext either. Pity, it looked like fun.
    Seffrid likes this.
  2. beagley Well-Known Member

There is a thread in the Off Topic Discussion entitled "It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!" that needs consolidating onto this feedback thread. Would the moderators please consider appending that thread onto this one and re-sticki'ing (sp?) it so that all feedback is in one place, Many thanks
  3. Jeronas Member

I am really pissed off! As SOE yet again break their promise!
    We, EU players, with SOE accounts were suppose to be able to continue using our SOE accounts for existing and future games!

And now yet again, they going to try force us to use PSS1!
    I will never ever use PSS1! Period! I have endured enough misery with them with DCUniverse Online! PSS1 is a total joke!, non-existing support! Login servers inaccessible half the time, account page continuing to throwing errors at you, so you cannot cancel subscriptions and continue being charged! Etc. Etc.

I want to continue using my SOE account! If not! Well, no EQNext for me.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Try using this link.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Gotta love "international agreements". Player studio is still only usable by US players...well I suppose those of us outside the US could simply donate our ideas, but there's little incentive to do that.
  6. sompet_eq2 Member

But we finally have this great European partner company which solved the PlayerStudio at least for Europe. Since they had a whole year for that.

Oh, wait! Maybe they are not so great...
    Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to business agreements - sorry for the confusion. I was using a blanket term to refer to things like pacts, treaties, accords, and other similar agreements between national governments.
  8. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

like taxes on income earned from the sale of the items. There are as many individual tax laws on income as there are countirs in the world.
  9. Mimixx New Member

10. Rairine Member

Cant see how they will honour that though, if you are going to have to play live through ProSieben then Im sure the only way to beta would be through them too.
    Mimixx(2) likes this.
  11. Mimixx(2) Member

I was just going to check the areas and characters only, EQ next isnt something for me.
  12. Seffrid Active Member

I won't be playing EQN if I have to do so through ProSieben, there are no cirumstances in which I would open an account with that company.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  13. Ragna Well-Known Member

You remember right. I saw some DCUO and Planetside 2 adds when the deal was made.

I was curious and I looked at TF1's gaming portal to see if EQ2 got any kind of promotion... Well... EQ (and the others newly migrated titles) doesn't even appear on it.
    http://www.tf1.fr/jeux/jeux-multijoueurs/

Either the deal stopped after the 1st batch of SOE/Alaplaya games or it's another example of how "wonderful" and "professional" they are.
  14. Ridolain Active Member

I wanted to share a post from a guildmate of mine (who gave permission) about the problems he has had since all this PSS1 changes. Sadly we have lost a great player because of this. I think what upsets him and us the most is what the CSR's answer was on how he "fixes" it.

Just from reading it, I don't understand why it cannot be changed? If a person can PROVE something, and still get you-know-what. I cannot fully know what it is like even for servicemen and women who have to travel, or those who need to because of jobs or family. So saying someone who has an SoE account already can NOT continue to play apparently ....

~~~~

Greetings one and all!

I have been trying with SOE and to no luck since March.... to get them to change my country on my account.

In a nutshell, I tried to buy CoE but SOE won't accept my credit card. Because my IP address and credit card are from a different country than from where I created my account. Which to me is just mind boggling since I have created the account in USA... renewed my subscription in the Czech Republic 4 times (yearly) and Japan twice (yearly again) and Mexcico twice (yearly). I think they have put in better security but I am getting the short end of the stick with this. I am trying to explain to them because of my job(s) and required relocations I have lived in different countries and thus why this has happened. I explained that for my job moving countries was important.. and their response is .. your situation seems to be unique from our subscription base and they are sorry they can not accomodate me. So now my subscription has run out two days ago and I can no longer be a gold member... I have to play free to play and that just sucks! (At least for me)

I do not have a single piece on Ben that can be worn and be useful. I have made numerous international calls and can prove the account is mine. The best suggestion they have is on my next trip to the US use a US credit card and renew my account which will be next June/July. Since my family came down to visit me for two weeks this summer. Oh and the name on the credit card needs to be mine. I have several family members who have offered to pay it for me... but that won't work either.

So .. I have decided to walk away from EQ2 and go back to Secret World since I have a lifetime subscription. Then when EQNext comes out... I will go there.. create my account in Mexico use my Mexican credit card and all will be well for now.... but since I have accepted a permanent position here... I will probably not move out of Mexico for the forseeable future, and since I married a Mexican (in Prague, yep we met in Europe.. who would have thought?) and thus is the real reson why we are permanently here.

I guess also since 2 of my favorite alts are locked... I just get mad when I log in. I will try to log in from time to time... to keep in touch but I just can't play the game anymore. I hope that many of you will go to EQNext and we can be full time guildies again soon.

Saludos (with a heavy heart)
  15. knightritalin Active Member

ProSieben is really annoying, its full of bugs and issues. I am always on the positive side and hope ProSieben get their stuff worked out but like I can't even login because the login limit is really low, this is crazy.
    Pipsissiwa and Ridolain like this.
  16. Buggabug Active Member

I'm having some issues with the station store items that appear to be related to the US/EU deal. The new siren illusion is not available at all in the store on splitpaw and the sale/new item catagories haven't changed for some time now. Has the store been handed over to prosieben or is this simply a glitch in the updating system thingies?
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I saw on EQ2Wire that the international boards were closing up.
    Well, I hope Massigouel wasn't laid off as he was in charge of posting news on all french boards of all SoE games afaik, but anyway, I had a couple questions:

There was no activity on the french boards since Soffrina was laid off years ago and the community job went down from "keep the boards active" to "just post news and you don't have to actually read/interact on them" to sum it up from what Amnerys told me. This change was the main reason why the board went unused (not very fun to ask technical questions, report s or localisation typos when nobody reads or comment, obviously).

Well, 2 things were active on the French board :
    1/ the news
    2/ the guides thread.

So the questions are:
    1/ will french players still have news posted in french somewhere or will they have to go to the unused (and widely unknown by Storms population) Prosieben boards (linked them, see for yourself the grand total of 52 messages there)?
    2/ will french players actually see french news posted on SoE french website?
    3/ were will the guides post the guide quests now? I assume in the english guide events board as, as pointed above, french players are not even aware of the existence of the prosieben boards.

Side question: will the in-game support be moved to prosieben too?

Side comment: It might have been nice to, at least, run the p... close off message through babble fish to post some kind of translation for the users you're showing the door to.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

According to the TF1 guy who finally answered my moth-old question when I asked last year, it's a "partnership" and not a "subcontracting", aka TF1 just redirects players to P7S1 and they get P7S1 accounts ans support (or lack of).
    There wasn't any kind of commercials in France.
  19. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice how SOE aren't bothering to respond to this or anything regarding PSS1 any more (not that they did much anyway but still)?

It would seem we European players are already off their radar - our worries, concerns, problems and questions are no longer their concern. And PSS1 don't have the ability to care/respond/do anything meaningful at all even if they wanted to.

At this point, even if we could play EQNext with SOE, I don't think I want to. I have no desire to begin yet another relationship with a company that treats me so badly just because I live on the 'wrong' continent. Sadly some US companies think of Europe as some alien planet, but fundamentally we're just the same. I'm sick of SOE pushing the wonderfully inclusive and global internet community back into dated restrictive physical constraints. The world is getting smaller and smaller in terms of business - doing global business and supporting the customers of that business is easier now than it ever was. Yet SOE seem determined to run things backwards. If other MMOs (both large and small) can manage to cope with the whole world wanting to play (and pay) then I fail to see why SOE can't.

I'll stay with EQ2 because I love it, but if I move on, it won't be to an SOE game next time, and I sure as heck won't be recommending them to any friends.
    Belissa likes this.
  20. Holbeck Member

I'm a returning player and signed up to the EU Everquest2 a month ago paying the subscription.

My account has just clocked into the 2nd 30 day period and they've just charged my credit card twice for the same payment.

Not the best first impression for either their set-up or their customer service so far. The outcome of this will probably decide if I use their services for EQ Next. Hopefully it can be resolved over the next week or I'll have to report it to my credit card company as a theft.

I'm now dusting off an old EQ SOE account to get back into EQ2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.