EQ2 Producer’s Letter, Read All About It!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Kurisutaru Active Member

For me, both become claimable on or shortly after the day my CC is charged for my monthly ALL ACCESS recurring sub. And yes, as of right now you can still claim them; I just claimed mine.. ;)

Also, the following quote was posted at the end of page 2 on this same thread..

Hope this helps!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

ok so first it was the 16th, then the 23rd and now the 29th according to the email i got? my account came due today- the 20th. I was hoping to only pay the 15.95 for all access instead of the 19.l95 that i am usually charged. instead, because you kept putting it off, i had ot pay the full 19.95.

so when will this really come into effect? do they plan to also put it off again until sometime in May??
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

i petitioned this and was told it was a problem they were working on. 2 days later i got my cards so look again
  4. Sambril Well-Known Member

If you have time left on your existing all-access sub when the change happens then you will be credited extra time on a pro-rata basis. I think that was answered in one of the big FAQ threads that I am too lazy to search through :) It particularly affects those with multi-month subs, though it should also apply to monthly ones like yours.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

All access simply means that you are a gold sub right? like krono/money/SC card?

just a bit confused on what you are paying 19:95 for
  6. suka Well-Known Member

no. all access means that i have unlimited access to all games covered under all access for one price- particularly in my case eq1 and eq2. there are other games included but i don't play them. the price right now for all access is 19.95. after the changes go into effect, it will only be 15.95 because all gold accounts are going to all access, which is what this thread and the coming changes are about.

you might be confused because you don't know what all access means. what you have now is a sub to one game- eq2. what you will have after all access pass sets in is a sub to all games on the list.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I thought it was something along those lines.
    but they said that when it goes live, our normal just eq2 gold sub will be upgraded to the all access sub, right? and as long as you keep the eq2 sub up, you will keep the all access up. right? or is that wrong?
    so you could just sub for eq2 for 15.95, for like a week and then go to all access. still not sure why you would pay 19.95 for just a week
    suka likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

i am on a monthly plan that automatically gets paid every month. I don't buy access by the week- in fact no one can. it is monthly or else and i certainly wouldn't pay 15.95 for a week. i also wouldn't drop my gold account on eq1 to silver. your suggestion would defeat my purpose for having all access completely. and i didn't pay for just a week, it is monthly. however, had this been put out on schedule, i would have only had to pay the regular sub- which is only $4 less, but still would have been nice since i have 3 accounts. if you read my post you surely saw that i said my account came due today.

and yes gold will be upgraded.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm confused (not hard to do ;->), I thought the new all-access was the same price as Gold is now ($14.95)? :-/

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If so, I hope they announce that in general forums, EQ2 forums, or at least Tweet or Twit or whatever it, so the rest of us can be aware of that as well; while it really doesn't apply to me, I don't think you're the only one alone in that boat, Suka, though it sucks to be there at all. /hugs

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

In your situation, I might have dropped my account to Gold only to avoid paying the extra. It would mean a few days that you don't have access to your least-played characters and not being Gold in EQ, but it would save the $5.
  12. Veinal Member

Correct. That's what it will cost once they manage to implement it.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

sorry, yes it is. lol i was looking at my bank statement and put the wrong amount down
  14. suka Well-Known Member

how does one choose a "least played character" account? i play both accounts and am doing quests and stuff on both. it's not really about the extra, it's just that they keep pushing it back when i am all set for it. and it's only $4. but still, it is very disconcerting that twice now i was thinking "ok 2 more days" and then "bam" they set it back again.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I still don't understand, I know you don't pay weekly, and I wasn't even suggesting that you did. I am saying the patch to upgrade them all is a week away, so why pay 19.95 for a week's worth of stuff, when you could just pay 15.95 and get it upgraded in a week? it's what other people already said below me, that you just pick a game and deal with the fact that you aren't gold in eq for a week
  16. Maltaros Active Member

I am not sure where the confusion is. You stated it. Either pay the $19.5 as normal or cancel your sub, go to silver and then renew after the new plan goes into effect. Very simple.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

i like ucala's idea better - hopefully they really will prorate us when the plan comes into effect
  18. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I do believe the current all access grants 12 character slots. If she drops to gold before the new all access for any sub goes into effect she will lose her grandfathered status for those 5 character slots until she buys them back. I, of course, could be mistaken on this point, Suka could answer it much better than I could. But $15 dollars to get grandfathered on three accounts seems like a bargain over $150 to restore those 15 characters to playable status if I am correct.
    suka likes this.
  19. Maltaros Active Member

I have to say I don't understand the whole delay of the new plan and any patches to any games. The All-Access Plan has been there for years. The only thing they are doing to it is changing the price. That has happened before. If changing the price requires anything more than changing a number in a couple of places in the data base their system is seriously messed up. The other thing they have to do is write a script to flip all regular subscribers over to All Access. I am guessing there are a lot of people on this forum who could do that in less than an hour. It might take a couple of hours all together to write it up. A day or two more to test it at the most. And since this is all basic subscription level information, it should never touch the game servers, just like game updates should never touch the account servers. The amount of time SOE keeps adding to this change makes no sense and leads me to believe that there is something else going on here.
    suka likes this.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

you don't lose the character slots that you already have used.
    like I have maybe 10 toons on my account atm. if I was to go to bronze sub atm I could still play all 10 of those toons, I don't get them locked