EQ2 Producer’s Letter, Read All About It!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If they are on that account, yes.

I played EQ1 years ago. Have 3 accounts there. My EQ2 account not one of the 3. Not even sure that was an option when I rolled on EQ2, since I rolled on EQ2 Extended (Freeport F2P when it was still isolated from the rest of the population). I won't have access to my EQ1 toons as gold unless I do account mergers and char transfers. If they were on the same account as my gold EQ2, then I WOULD have access to them as gold. Took quite a few petitions to sort out what would happen if I tried merging accounts, too, but that's another issue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I've always respected your commentary and frequent your site for news/updates so this post from you is a bit off to me. For me, personally, I did think the weekly updates were a bit much, and I did, as many others send in PM's and emails to management knowing this would happen.

I do not blame the Dev Team personally, but the organization as a whole, which the Team is a part of because frankly, the organization is responsible from top to bottom to uphold their word and standards... if they can't then they should retract their statements from the appropriate level of management.

Secondly, I appreciate everything the Dev Team has done and continues to do for us, as I have been a sub since launch. I however, do think the official forums is the place to post concerns and bring to light items concerning the game, is it not?

If I am at Walmart, and have a complaint and/or return, I dont go and phone the company CEO, as I'm sure he has more important things to do and frankly doesnt care; instead I go to the store customer service representative, which in this case is the forums, where community management and the Team can assess our concerns and move them up if necessary.
    Layla Littlenymph likes this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

No one on the dev team has any say in it other than maybe to work until midnight each night, and start at 6AM trying to achieve unrealistic goals. Expressing an opinion would probably put their jobs on the line.
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Andesite Member

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that noone's job at sony has ever been on the line because of what someone said on the forums.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Theodora New Member

In reference to the new Prestige Guild Hall based on Highkeep... is this something that will be sold on the SOE Marketplace or will it be buyable in game with plats and status points? Also, what Tier will it be? I think Highkeep Keep will make an awsome guildhall! And thanks for EVERYTHING you are doing for us!
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

As long as it wasn't the employee of SoE doing the saying.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I sure wouldnt stay in a job like that, and have left one in the past... I'm sure others would too if that is their work environment.. please don't tell me you would put up with it.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Some jobs require that you sign something known as a non-disclosure agreement. I'm betting the devs at SoE all had to do so. I know I signed one when i worked on a hardware development team.

Edit: There are many jobs that posting things on forums would get you fired from. Any position that requires confidentiality. Accountants, lawyers, psychologists, thereapists, doctors, none can post freely. And can you just imagine what would have happened if some random dev had posted a forum comment somewhere about google glass before it was intro'd? Ooof. They wouldn't have been with google much longer.
  9. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not following your train of thought. I never asked anyone on the Dev Team to disclose any sensitive information that they cant... I'll go reread my previous posts.
  10. Veinal Member

I've played EQ1 since 99 and have always been gold. I tried EQ2 7 years ago roughly on a free trial. Downloaded using the same acct info as EQ1. Now 7 years later my interest in EQ2 is renewed. I've been gold for 3 months now using krono, until 2 days ago. So based on your answer I'll assume my EQ2 account will go gold again when all-access goes live next week and I will have all the benefits that go along with that. Unless I get a different answer from a dev before then. I'd really hate to spend 500kpp for a krono that I would get less than a weeks use out of.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Sounds like it should, but if you only ever test drove toons here it doesn't matter. I have epic'd toons in EQ1 that I won't be able to access as gold without paying for account merger.

Edit: Oops...missed that you're back here playing on krono. Yeah don't use another krono. You should be gold again next week.
  12. Apkerian New Member

IMHO ....
    I think we should set up an exchange rate of the old currencies for loyalty tokens or sell for straight platinum pieces
    to a 'coin collector' who purchases old currencies. A direct conversion of sorts could not be tied directly to etymas
    because one day they will be a dated currency type as well. However loyalty tokens should never become dated
    and plat will always be loved. This will also discourage those with more time on their hands to go and farm 'old
    currencies' to get huge amounts of etymas by rolling over old content continuously. To keep from farming plat, the
    exchange rate would have to be low. I think perhaps the prior expansion coin should always be 1pp each and
    any expansion back further than the last should be 1 gold each. It is not going to make you rich, however you do
    get 'something' and you get to clear your currency window of old currencies. This last guideline could be a timeless
    one as it looks only at the expansion release compared to the current one. On a last thought, of course the
    old currency would have an exchange rate for loyalty tokens. Obols would have a better exchange rate than
    void shards.

my 2 cents
  13. Layla Littlenymph Member

It's hard to get fired up for All Access when you introduce it AFTER closing four games out, including the one I had long term membership with.
    Even harder to get fired up for it when your latest offering, Landmark, can only be run on a top tier system. I hope this does not turn out to be the same for EQN when it finally comes out as well.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are noises being made about reducing the computer requirements as they get more of the game settled in, at least for Landmark, and it seems like they're using what goes on with Landmark to give them ideas for EQ3 and perhaps how that engine should run, etc. Frankly, I really hope they do lower it. :-/

Once upon a time, a buddy of mine worked for SOE and was in a meeting where some folks, artists, devs, whoever, don't recall (may have been part of the original Vanguard team that came back; it was awhile ago), were itching to make absolutely sure the only ones who could play EQ2 were only those that had the absolute best, top of the line machines, about 2% of the customer base. My buddy raised a paw and put in two cents to the effect that if that happened, 98% of the (paying!) customer base would go away. That made the ears of the bean-counters perk up, and they did NOT like the 2% idea at all and voted it down...fortunately for all of the rest of us at the time. :-/

Uwk
    Layla Littlenymph likes this.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

What happened to the 10% off marketplace items for Gold members? Has that been squashed?
  16. Malachy Well-Known Member

So...any dev response on the Tunaria Warzone as a BG? Please remove it from the letter if you don't want to talk about it. And fix the BG matchmaker. Thanks.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just remember this seems to be a rehash or summary of the official FAQ; from what I understand, it's still up? :-/

Uwk
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

They originally stated that we as gold members would receive 10% off marketplace purchases. It was one of the first three points in the post. It seems odd to me that it wasn't mentioned in this latest post, at all.
    The original post is from January and no one put their name to it, it's simply signed SoE.

Seeing it's the only thing that really made me think 'oh cool', I'd like to think it's still happening.

It just seems really odd to me that people still have questions and this change is going ahead in less than a week. You'd sort of think they'd post all details ... soon™
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Seriously odd that no mention of how F2P (bronze) will work....will there be unlockers for the chat channels? There already are for the broker, but those are a consumable. If a F2P wants to ask a question in general chat, will there be a similar consumable that gives, say 20 messages?
  20. Talloak New Member

I have several accounts on EQ2 and 2 separate accounts on EQ1. Will it be a problem making my 2 EQ1 accounts tied to my 2 best EQ2 accounts? Such as, account merger fees? All accounts gold day of activation or any other costs or struggles to merge them? IOW's will it simply ask me which EQ1 account I want to make all access w/ my EQ2 account? If true this will be great as I pay for gold on accounts as I play them. BTW I use Krono's. My thinking is maybe if I make my better EQ2 accounts all access it might just allow me to create all new chars on EQ1....UGH. Thank You for any info..