EQ2 Producer’s Letter, Read All About It!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Wulfen Active Member

Going back to the Currency Exchange subject and its lameness....
    Currency Exchange is good in that you get to turn in the tokens you know you'll never need again, for ones that have value now in some parts of the game. But the exchange rate will not accommodate quantities between 1 and 4.... and leaves you with messy memories of times past. But again, that's even a good thing for those who cherish the memories.
    Exchanging currency for tinkering and adorning components? We are supposed to feel enthusiastic about that?
    Someone in the Crafting Channel asked if there were a way to upgrade adornment components. I may be missing something, but I recall having that ability (Distillation and Dilution) for Dusts, not adornment components. As someone with chests and boxes filled with unused components.... more and more worthless in the marketplace.. I'm not thrilled by the new exchange offer. Can anyone provide the names of recipes that will condense and upgrade these old components? Believe me, if there are, I'll get right on the job of component upgrading. They are forgettable now... why add more?
  2. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Was about to ask that question myself. I have 12 and would be rather inconvenient if 5 became locked

Thank you Calthine for providing the link verifying they wont be locked.

Now about the currency conversion, I don't see how currency is equivalent to transmutes and tinkering mats, but if you do go that way, it'd be nice if we get transmutes that they are upper tier mats, meaning Lvl 90-99 manas and infusions.

But all around, it seems more logical to trade currency for currency. Example - 10 void shards = 10 Draconic Etyma.
  3. Caith Developer

The conversion is done via a merchant, so for those that chose to use the currencies for the original purposes (such as purchasing specific gear) they will be able to do so.

The tier of the reward will depend on the currency you are converting, and in the case of transmute components (fragments, powers, etc) how many you use will determine the chance of gaining a more valuable component.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

Think I will just keep the old currency then Im capped on tinkering and its not that hard to level it anyway why cant the old currency be turned into new currency used in game? Dont get it.
  5. Caith Developer

I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but it is incorrect. You will be able to spend any denomination of older currency.
  6. Carlieus New Member

Does this mean all servers get the battleground zone? i hope so ;)
  7. Carlieus New Member

So that means we get the BG zone on all servers right?
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

While you may not be thrilled I couldn't be happier... I can use my old currencies in a way that will not allow for old content to be farmed for current currency and I can lvl up my tinkering and adorning easier and faster without as much farming myself... I do not see the bad side here, unless you don't craft at all then turn in your old currencies and sell the stuff you get on the broker and make some coin. Oh, and FYI you can upgrade the components within each tier up to mana's with the distillation books, the dissolution books are for downgrading the components to lesser (can make infusions with a mana).
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I believe Wulfen was referring to the current Currency Exchange Merchant at the City Festivals. He will convert 5 old currency tokens for 1 City Token. Which, as stated, leaves messy bits of coins in people's currency window.

Also, it seems like a lot of people don't know about him, given the number of folks asking why they can't exchange old currency for current currency. Or they want to exchange for something besides City Tokens.

edit: Before I forget, we still don't have a pricing schedule for multi-month subs. What rates will they be, and if people currently have rates that are below the new one, will they be grandfathered in? If people have paid multi-month subs at a higher rate than the new one, will the remaining time post-conversion be pro-rated and extend the sub?
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Will we be getting the 5 LON packs with this change?

How about some bonus exp on the weekends for your gold members?
    Katra and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Kicksomeass New Member

This change for all-access game membership sucks for those like me who started with the Station Access game account guaranteeing 12 character slots as one of its benefits. When SOE converted my game account without my permission to all-access gold membership account, I was able to keep all 12 character slots as well as make additional characters without having to ever buy extra character slots. That change was good for me so I could try more class and race combinations

BUT this new "upgrade" to "All Access membership" appears to be an actual serious REDUCTION from at least 12 character slots I was guaranteed when I chose the Station Access game account when it was first available to only 7 character slots !!! This may mean either losing at least 5 characters I've loved to play in Everquest II or else being forced to pay the going rate to buy 5 extra character slots to prevent losing 5 of my favorite characters, which I believe is still $10.00 US each for a total cost of $50.00. That means instead of saving real life money by paying the reduced cost of my game account from the current cost of $19.95 to the proposed $14.95 per month, I will end up with higher costs instead !!!!

Not only that but if this is applied across all US servers so no one can have more than a total of 7 characters even if they are scattered across 2 or more US servers, I will also lose several characters I have on another US server.

I hope this "upgrade" wont affect the benefits I had been guaranteed when I paid my monthly recurring membership for the account type I had signed up for. If it does, I must give serious thought about anything SOE says they will do for their game players, whether to believe they will give us what they say or deceive us and end up reducing what us players already get when we pay our game account membership fees. If the above does affect my game account as I fear it may, I may even have to consider finding another competing game that treats its players better !!!
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They will not take your character slots you already have from you.
  13. Calthine Well-Known Member

You need to read the FAQ. It specifies that those of us with 12 slots due to the old package get to keep them. I actually posted the quote earlier.
  14. Adranzir Ni'Estiel New Member

I love the currency conversion plan, I'll finally be able to get rid of backed up old stuff. Is there any possibility for getting all in-game currencies to be account-wide, like the Loyalty Tokens are?
  15. Khrawn New Member

Awesome. Now fix the Battlegrounds queue.
    splatterpunk28 and Malleria like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Does this "Tunaria Battlegrounds zone" mean that a copy of the New Tunaria FFA open PvP zone that is currently on Nagafen is becoming its own Battleground as well, and blue server players will just queue up for it like they do other BGs? Or will blue server players be allowed to zone into Nagafen to play on Naggy's New Tunaria warzone? I'm a little confused here because both the worlds "battleground" and "zone" are used together in that Producer's letter.

And shouldn't the horrendous BG matchmaker be fixed first if New Tunaria is getting a BG version of itself?
    Kurisutaru and Fetish like this.
  17. Xierce New Member

The coin conversion thing is truely awesome! We have been talking about that forever! Good move SOE! :)
  18. Wulfen Active Member

Not meaning to bludgeon a dead horse.. but I've reconsidered my earlier estimation of the worth of adornment components. Yes, we have recipes for condensing them down to more manageable quantities, and they do have value on the broker. In game economy inflation has affected them along with everything else. For me, personally, then, trading things like void shards for adornment components won't have much of an effect... but I was not earning them at a time when they required a lot of game effort to get. Those folks who have had to acquire their gear through the SLR system, and have spent hours forming shard groups, for years... may see the exchange quite differently. Are we in danger of confronting another 100+ page forum on lack of respect?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Peace Member

This is interesting, and im looking forwards to the prestage guild hall, I've been /feedbacking on wanting more choices for guild halls for quite a long time. Seriously...there are no t2s even in neriak, halas, gorowyn, Kelthian. there are only two styles for the t1 and t2 and while large housing got an update and another room and balconies..these guild halls did not.
    There ought to be a couple of prestage halls offered to the lower level guilds as well. and more than one style to each.
    Seriously..Some of us would take houses like the Grotto or the Felwithe for a guild hall if we could.
    And I love the idea of not having to slave so much over crafting tables or other writs so much and be able to enjoy the game more witout so much tedious mindlessness.

Major downside to the update.... in my opinion anways. All access sounds good. But heck..you are what...taking away access to 4 out of 8 sony games or something like that? Only other game I play is vanguard ever so often and when the EQ2 servers go down...like AB just did a couple of minutes ago. Now I will not even get to do that. Half our games gone because they don't make Sony money. Well leave us one server each at least for these games please. Not much of all access when the games aren't there.
  20. eq2kyiara New Member

This actually has been answered but it was over on the SOE Forums and not on the FAQ Forum here. But here was the reply from Ashlanne to someone else asking this same question about the LON packs over there.

Tulvarus said:
    “Will EQ/EQ2 players still be able to claim their 5 free packs in Legends of Norrath?”

Yes!!

Kurisutaru, Naudi, Finora and 2 others like this.