EQ2 Players March Update

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

Just wanted to post an update - There was an issue caused by Daylight Savings Time which we did not catch. We have resolved the issue at this point, and your characters have resumed updating. I apologize for how long it took for us to identify this issue.
  2. ARCHIVED-Isabelz Guest

Not everything is updating. Check out my provisioner's ranking page (specifically the tradeskill level): http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_rankings.vm?characterId=440511101 Then click the view tradeskill history. Last time I checked, 33 != 37. I could be wrong though, it has been a while since I took any math courses. I have no idea if the rest of the numbers are updating. I only noticed this one because I gained 4 levels in about a week and the rankings page never updated. I didn't think to actually click the history link until today (03/21/2007) because I *assumed* the level on the rankings page would be equal (or HIGHER) to my actual tradeskill level. I know... silly me for making assumptions about EQ2Players. :-(
  3. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

The most masters ranking leaderboards page comes up with a "no results found" message. This should be added to the list.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheFever Guest

[face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Add one more problem to the list. If you change in game from one secondary tradeskill to another (ie. Tinkering to Transmuting), the in game skills only show the current tradeskill. But, EQ2Players continues to show both skill levels on the skills page and on the summary page only Tinkering (alphabetically sort, Ti before Tr). Need to delete the old tradeskill as it is no longer valid.[/face]
  5. ARCHIVED-Tulenae Guest

To be perfectly honest Jabru, I really could care less about a daylight savings time bug. I have been paying for the advanced features since EQ2's inception. As previously stated a couple weeks ago, the guild chat portion has NOT been working for WELL OVER A YEAR! Are we on the same level? A year.. that is NOT what I consider good customer service. The price we pay is irrelevant. The fact is, we PAY for it and its not working. SOE has no problem taking our money for a product that doesn't work, but apparently they DO have a problem with fixing the IMPORTANT issues. Instead we see "There was an issue caused by Daylight Savings Time that we did not catch." Who cares?! I certainly don't! I'm sure many of the other folks posting on this board doesn't either! How about fixing the **REAL** issues like character updates taking for-freakin'-ever to display. It takes DAYS, sometimes a week or MORE for any guild or character updates to show up, whereas it used to be a day, MAYBE two at most. I can see a day. It would be understandable to update once a day. But not several days or a week. I don't see SOE giving us refunds for their non-working product. It would be nice to finally have a product that we've been paying for, which in turn keeps someone like you employed. I'm sure YOU wouldn't want to pay for something and get nothing in return, would you? No, I didn't think so. Well, neither do we!
  6. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

I apologize, I should have included more detail in my original post. The Daylight Savings Time issue which we did not catch was responsible for the fact that none of the characters on the site updated for 10 days. I am fairly certain that a few users on this forum were interested in the fact that they would now be updating. Guild Chat is currently scheduled for investigation, again. The unfortunate reality is that the issue with guildchat is intermittent. There are a number of paid users who use the service on a daily basis. There is no common thread which we have yet been able to identify that is preventing some users from successfully using it. I realize that there are users who are essentially unable to use the service right now - we have investigated possible issues with data, possible issues with account settings, and several other system-wide issues which have occasionally paid off. The number of users able to access guild chat has increased substantially, but it is still not perfect. We are continuing to investigate why some people are still having issues, and as we make progress I will keep you up to date.
  7. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Thank you for the update, Jabru. Also, thanks for adding the Master Ability leaderboard issue to the list. I know we are approaching the date for the next patch for the site. Any chance the internal guild rankings made it in? If not, can we have a ballpark on when you are expecting it to go live? Nothing for us to hold you to, just a morsel for the starving mob. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Tulenae Guest

I've been trying for months and months. Each time I try to access Guild Chat, all I see is the word "true" next to where its supposed show how many of each archtype are online. (ie: Sage: true and so on). The guild member list box is always empty and I never see conversation. I do appreciate your response to my post, and I should apologize for my abruptness, but this has been an ongoing issue for a very long time and its quite frustrating.
  9. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Someone brought up in another thread that we no longer have the creation rank stat on our guild pages. It says when the guild was formed, but no longer their ranking. Not as important as internal guild leaderboards, IMO, but still lost functionality.
  10. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

Closing this discussion. Please continue discussion in the April Thread