EQ2 Players March Update

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

[p]Hello,[/p][p]I just wanted to update everyone on the progress this month and our plan for upcoming updates. We have recently finished the rollover from the Lithium Guild Forums to our own internal solution. This means that if you are still experiencing issues with Guild Forums, we can help you to resolve them. As part of this change, all previously existing guild forums have had all their forums set to maximum privacy. You will need to have your guild leader log in and reset the permissions, because the new method is different from how Lithium did it. If you are experiencing any issues with Guild Forums, please post and let me know.[/p][p]We will be doing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow morning. This maintenance is primarily bugfixes for the EQ2 Players site. I will post release notes once the build has successfully gone up. We will be moving right back into bugfixes once this release is complete, and I expect to patch again a month from tomorrow's release. If there are issues which you have not posted, that are not included in our known issues, please let us know so that we can address them.[/p][p]The trial period which was extended for some time beyond the launch of the EQ2 Players Re-design is over. I expect this will cause some confusion, as people become familiar with what features are free and what features are premium. Here is a basic rundown of the way that the service should work:[/p][p]Customers who are not subscribed should be able to see their own front profile page, upload 10 images, get a Forum Signature, see a complete list of spells available for each class, and use any of the pre-defined leaderboards. Privacy permissions are of course available for anyone as well.[/p][p]Customers who have subscribed to the Advanced Guild Tools will be able to use Guild Chat, and we are currently in the design phase for an enhanced version of the "Guild Wall of Fame" for those customers.[/p][p]Customers who have subscribed to the Advanced Character Profiles will be able to see their entire profile, as well as the profile of anyone who has not chosen to hide it.[/p][p]Customers who have subscribed to the Screenshot and Image Storage will be able to upload 200 images, instead of 10.[/p][p]Customers who have subscribed to the Item and Spell Database will be able to see the full details for any item, and any spell, including the variations from Apprentice through Master.[/p][p]Customers who have subscribed to the Leaderboards and Rankings will be able to use the custom leaderboard searches to create their own reports, and will be able to use "My Leaderboards" to set up your own personal leaderboard which tracks only the players you want to see.[/p][p] If there is any confusion about any of this, please post and let me know. As always, we value your feedback in improving the service.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

[p]Known Issues:[/p][ol][li]Unique Guild Members column is sometimes inaccurate. [/li][li]Some titles contain meaningless strings. [/li][li]The Level History is showing an error for people from merged servers. [/li][li]Most Status Leaderboard shows guild level, not guild status. [/li][li]Localization issues from some locales prevent page from loading. [/li][li]Fae show as Qeynos faction. [/li][li]Guild Search always shows LFM as True and Alignment as Some value. [/li][li]The Website for guilds with Custom Domains show up as N/A. [/li][li]Game-Wide and Server-Wide Discoveries are switched in Signatures, and may be switched in other places. [/li][li]Servers which don't exist anymore show up as "No row" errors in Level History and Item Discoveries. [/li][li]Some EOF Factions Missing. [/li][li]Lithium Guild Forums not recognizing ranks. [/li][li]Some links to the My Leaderboards section do not maintain character Id. [/li][li]Date field missing on tradeskill history page. [/li][li]Character Skills are off in several ways, particularly Tradeskills. [/li][li]The Rares Harvested rankings do not match the various leaderboards.[/li][li]Guild Roster XML is in invalid XML format[/li][li]Secondary Tradeskills do not update when you switch.[/li][li]Most Master Abilities leaderboard returns no results.[/li][/ol][p]We are considering the following enhancement requests for future patches:[/p][ol][li]Guild Roster should allow sorting by level. [/li][li]Guild Roster should include "By Tradeskill Class". [/li][li]Character Id in Guild XML roster. [/li][li]Internal Guild Rankings. [/li][li]NPC with the Most Kills. [/li][li]Achievements currently only shows Kingdom of Sky achievements.[/li][/ol]
  3. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Thanks for the update, Jabru!! It certainly sounds promising. :)[/p][p]As I've detailed here, there are also some issues with the news archives on the EQ2 Players site; it would be awesome if they could be looked into as well.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

SOE-Jabru wrote:
    • Information on what Guild Leaders are supposed to do in terms of 'reset permissions', as you refer to above would help. The 'Guild Leader Control Panel' link on the forum does not give any information at all about what it is I might need to do (if anything) to allow people to post.
    • PLEASE fix the link from Guild Website to forums ASAP. The shortest route I've so far managed to find to the guild forums requires several page transitions (and some of those pages are incredibly slow-loading). It's painful to have to do that each time.
    • Please provide a link BACK to the guild website from the Guild Forums.
    • The only major issue I've noticed on these new guild forums themselves so far is what appears to me to be a login timeout resulting in a failure to post articles, with the misleading comment 'duplicate submission'.
    • Signing in on the EQ2players page is clunky. The Username / password page you go to from pressing 'Sign in' takes ages to load up its frippery graphics... and after it has finished loading these graphics the cursor focus is reset to the 'Station Name' field. So, what happens is that while this page is loading, I enter my Station Name, click on the password field... and more often than not as I'm entering my password the graphics finally finish loading and then - cursor focus is reset, and I'm suddenly entering my password in the 'Station Name' field.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

[p]I've looked but cannot find how to 'hide' my profile. I'm specifically interested in the ability to be able to prevent others from discovering who my alts might be (there are many vehemently anti-roleplayers in this roleplaying game, I feel that it's important to be able to avoid being 'stalked' by the more fanatical morons).[/p][p]Under the old system it was necessary to waste a lot of time specifically setting the 'hide alts' option for each alt (I only discovered this recently, I had thought that 'hiding alts' for one persona would hide them for all... so I never bothered. No point in cliosing the stable door after the horse has bolted.[/p][p]For those who skim past to the bullet points:[/p][ul][li]Is the default access for alt information now 'public', and not 'private' as it was in the old system?[/li][li]Has the privacy status been reset for everyone?[/li][/ul]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] This isn't actually a timeout; it occurs when you continue browsing the forums in another tab / window while composing a post. Apparently it doesn't handle the same IP / user being in several places at once very well. Still, very annoying...Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C has become second nature before hitting "Submit" at this point. :-/[/p][p]<== multitasker[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Nope, I believe this still works the same...you'll have to reset the permissions for each alt, but it's pretty easy to do:[/p][ol][li]Sign in to EQ2Players.com[/li][li]Under "Station Players," click "Characters"[/li][li]Under "Characters," click "Edit Preferences"[/li][/ol][p]From there you can tick, then untick the box labeled "Public." It will toggle all boxes checked, then unchecked. Save your changes, then use the drop-down menu at the top to move on to the next character. Everything for each character will be made private.[/p][p]HTH! :)[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]I am still upset that we have lost 'features' with this 'upgrade'. Prior to the joke of an upgrade, we could see our entire profile at no cost, and now you want to charge me for the same product.[/p][p]No dice.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-dj_krztoff Guest

Amen to that. I keep SOE's coffers full enough already. On a similar note, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: is the web-based guild chat actually WORKING now:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (and is there a way to make this text bigger and perhaps FLASHIER so that someone actually pays attention to it?!?!) ? I paid for that service for MONTHS and never was able to use the stupid thing. 2 failed support tickets and MUCH patience on my part later ... I unsubscribed from it. And yes, I realize that it works for some people. Rest assured that it does not work for a lot of us as well, a fact that was confirmed in my correspondance with the TSR.
  10. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

As the only guild leader re-registered to use this new in-house forum, I am unable to utilize the management tools completely. I attempted to delete an established forum so we may start from scratch and received the following:

An Error Has Occurred
    Please use your browser's back button and try again.
    Reason: null

I used my back button and tried again, to no avail.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

[p]*sigh* Not that easy to do at all... I followed your instructions, and when I got to step 3, I was sent to: [/p][p]http://eq2players.station.sony.com/index.vm[/p][p]Borked![/p][p]Thanks for trying to help though :)[/p][p][Edit: might this be because I haven't paid the extra for 'Station Access' or whatever it's called? I 'only' have an EQ2 game subscription, I'm not going to pay any more, and if the system is designed so that you have to pay more to have the 'privilege' of enjoying the anonymity that all the twerps in this game get for free... well, that both sucks and blows/ Personally I always thought that 'sucks' meant that something was bad so therefore something that 'blowed' would be the dog's bollocks but... that's kind of irrelevant :) ] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Zhaal Guest

The guild roster is not up-to-date, it still lists characters that have either been deleted or moved servers. Only seems to update the roster information when that character logs in/out (not sure which), which doesn't reflect rank changes unless they log in..
  13. ARCHIVED-MacleodIL Guest

Pendant wrote:
    I have paid the extra for station access and whenever i try and access my character it says access is denied. I try and edit prefrences and it sends me back to the Index page. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] That's really weird...it works fine for me. :-/[/p][p]I don't think you have to pay extra for this. Yes, I have the advanced profile feature on my account, and I do have Station Access, but setting your privacy level is a pretty basic feature.[/p][p]Can you view your character profile, then click the "Admin" tab to get there? It should take you straight to the permissions (unless you're not logged in, and then it will ask you to do that first). If you can't get to it at all, no matter which route you take, something's definitely borked somewhere, and apparently only with certain accounts.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Hauntshade Guest

I have a somewhat similair thing happening to one of my characters, i can view 2 of them but the third one i get the access denied, even when i log in, so i cant even view it myself. Trying to edit preferences sends me to my main characters profile, the third one is not accessable eventhough i set it to public before. EDIT: it worked fine a few days ago
  16. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

[p]I tried as you suggest, and - after stumbling around a bit - I found this section. Oddly, each of my alts already had the relevant box UNCHECKED(I can't recall the name of the option and I can't be bothered to go back and try and find it again). Which is odd, since I didn't bother logging in to each character and 'hiding the alts' of each, once I was told that I had to do this. [/p][p]So perhaps the default is now 'private' for everyone. Or perhaps I can't rely on those checkboxes (perhaps the logic is inverted). Who knows? Sometimes I wonder if The Makers know what they make...[/p][p]Some of the posts in this thread appear to have gone walkabout.[/p][p]In other news: I used the Guild Forums admin tool to create a new forum. Posted a message to the new forum, but the forum listing claims that there are '0' topics and 'no messages' in the forum. Follow the link to the forum and apparently ther are '-1' answers. And people wonder why I get so annoyed by numbers! :eyeroll:[/p][p]Take a look for yourself at the 'Join Lonewolf' forum...[/p][p]http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2guilds/forums/list.m?category_id=11626[/p][p] [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Grugg Guest

Character Rankings does not update.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Guild chat is not working and hasn't been working for well over a year now. Comments?
  19. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

[p]Sorry, I know these are a bit overdue. However, these are the release notes for the 3/7 patch:[/p][ol][li]Discovered by Information for a spell is not updated if the user selects a different level (for instance, changing the selection from Apprentice to Master) [/li][li]Several labels are for Japanese, French, and German have been fixed on the Guild Bank[/li][li]Fixed the Media Gallery display for users with more than 6 images.[/li][li]When looking at spell details, the spell levels are no longer repeated in the drop down[/li][li]When the user clicks view all updates, the months listed are now links[/li][li]Character alts page now includes sorting[/li][li]RSS Feed is now present on the Game Updates Details page (http://eq2players.station.sony.com/includes/rss.vm)[/li][li]Guild Search now lets you search for guilds that are Level 60 [/li][li]Japanese support link updated [/li][li]And Numerous fixes to the look and feel of the site, especially in the game updates section.[/li][/ol][p]We are already actively working on the next bugfixing milestone for EQ2, which should include a few of the known issues. That patch will probably show up at the end of march or the beginning of april. We may push a few fixes up before then as well.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

[hr] Character Rankings does not update. [hr][p]Could anyone experiencing this issue please provide an example character? We believe this may be an issue on a select few servers.[/p]