EQ2 Players April Update

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Just to mention it, the Server and Global Discoveries numbers are still switched on the guild summary page.
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

I apologize for the Downtime last week. We had a hardware failure early friday morning which was not resolved until 9 am PST saturday. As part of the restore process, some of the code was reverted. We will be promoting some of those fixes back to the Live environment soon, but in the meantime I will restore them to the list of known issues.
  3. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

[size="small; color: #993300"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]Any chance EoL factions will be added sometime before the next expansion?[/face][/size]
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaffa Tamarin Guest

On the character rankings page, the number of world-first discoveries is shown for both server and world-first discoveries. [p] This should be like a five-minute fix. How it is possible to take many months and still not get it right is beyond me.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Landlubber Guest

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed, Jabru :) However, if I may just mention the following: SOE-Jabru wrote:
    I have been around when EQ2Players originally launched, and I consider it pretty cheeky (although as a long-standing SWG player I know it's standard procedure for SOE) to first remove functionality and then present adding it back in as an upgrade. So, please tell me: will we have to pay extra (as part of the guild package of EQ2Players) for those "enhancements" you are considering, or will every user be able to access them?
  6. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

Is the ability for someone other than the guild leader still on the table for managing the forums? Seems kinda pointless to have an 'admin' category, if the person can't admin the boards...
  7. ARCHIVED-Basthardus Guest

My ranking for Total Status Earned (by class) appears to be broken now. My server ranking is LOWER than my worldwide ranking??? To clarify, I am better compared to the entire EQII world than I am compared to only my server. This should be a mathematical impossibility, no? The error does not occur under the "all characters" columns, only under the "berzerker" columns.
  8. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

The feature which existed before - the Guild Wall of Fame - was a paid feature. It was part of the Guild Tools, along with Guild Chat. While some of the information provided by the upcoming enhancement will be available for free, the full feature set will be available to those who are paying for the Guild Tools.
  9. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

Jalathan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    This does exist, but we dont present the management link to the people flagged as Admin. We have added this to our list of issues and should have it resolved in an upcoming forum release.
  10. ARCHIVED-Landlubber Guest

Thanks for the answer - I guess I'll just wait and see then :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Frankrizzo Jerkyboy Guest

Exactly what I wanted to hear. You are unbelievable. To quote the classic movie Better Off Dead, "I want my 2 dollars!"
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]Sorry (well not really as I have been paying for a non existent service for over a year now) to keep on over this but any news on getting the guild chat to work for those of us for whom it switched off over a year ago and has never reappeared?[/p][p]Here is a link to my thread detailing the error messages I get:[/p][p]http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=352333[/p][p]If Jabru wants to get in touch with me to discuss the various attempts I have made to get this to work I will be pleased to answer his pm's but note this used to work perfectly for me up until a year ago and I have made no alterations to my various setups in that time.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Some things to add to the list.[/p][p]Under the guild profile, average arena kills shows 0, despite having regular guild activity in the arena. This is the same for total arena kills.[/p][p]Under guild leaderboards, the same problem exists in that only a few guilds even show up on the boards for arena rankings. I'm over 600 arena kills, so I know my guild is higher than 0.[/p][p]On a seperate note, some other issues:[/p][p]The leaderboards have not updated in several days. [/p][p]Our guild is displaying N/A for website on leaderboards, despite the fact that this was supposed to be fixed for guilds with custom domains. This may be part of the update problem on the leaderboards, since it displays correctly on the guild profile.[/p][p]My artisan level and history is only showing levels 22 and up.[/p][p]My graphical achievements page displays correctly, but the textual view shows me as having spent 106 points. Not complaining, about this really, I just want the other 6 points added to my toon!8)[/p][p] [/p][p]That's all I have for now. Thrilled to see the item discovery numbers and rankings fixed! Hoping the internal guild rankings page gets put in soon.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Hmm....and yet they seem to work correctly on the individual guild screens. Please add my name to the "Fairly Peeved" list.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Yeah, I've permanently belonged to that list since they "revamped" EQ2Players... All I can do at this point is to help identify needed fixes and prepare to stop paying for it like so many others have.[/p][p]I'm still guessing it's linked to the leaderboards not updating....again....and will fix itself when they update.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Wait, I have one more fix for the list.[/p][p]the Total Status Earned ranking on the character rankings page is just plain wrong. [/p][p]I have absolutely no idea where they are pulling these numbers from, but they are completely wrong from what I can tell. It would be easier to determine if the leaderboards were updated, but I can safely say that my class ranking on Blackburrow should not be nearly 100 postions behind my worldwide class ranking.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]Seems this thread is drying up.....looking forward to the May Update :hunf:[/p][p]I don't know...but SOE begins these threads, leaves them open so we can comment then doesn't appear to contribute or address the issues raised.[/p][p]Have to ask....what is the point?[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

As I have said moly in previous posts ... because quite honestly they dont give 2 hoots what you or the community think..... just my take on it
  19. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Since the last post, SOE decided to fix the update system. I can only assume they decided not to say why it wasn't updated because to admit too many repeated errors for the exact same feature might cause one to question whether they were really supplying the service we were paying for.[/p][p]I hate to tell them that the pages upon pages of posts detailing how people were not only canceling service, but posting about how they were canceling service, says everything. I think the candor Jabru has had in the last month was a step in the right direction. Might as well admit mistakes in the open at this point. Open communication might save you a few customers.[/p][p]Anyway, the real point of this post (ranting aside) is that the individual character rankings page is still off for class rankings of total status earned. Thanks to the updated leaderboard info, I can see that the particular number that is wrong is the server class ranking. The leaderboard seems acurate. My character's ranking page, however, is displaying my ranking as 32x what it actually is. I'll keep playing with numbers when I go up in rank, to see if I can pin down a pattern as to where this number is coming from.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

[p]Another definite bug that is now verified due to the leaderboards updating:[/p][p]Some guilds with custom domains are still appearing as N/A on the leaderboards page.[/p][p]The only guilds that are showing as having a website and not N/A on the leaderboards are those ending with eq2guilds.org, everquest2guilds.org, or eqiiguilds.org. Guilds with no websites show nothing and guilds with custom domains show N/A.[/p][p]Still broke, please add back to the list.[/p]