EQ2 mods defunct?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lavi, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Lavi New Member

Do the mods and method of installing them on EQ2 Interface not work anymore? I followed the instructions to install some healthbar mods, and it just doesn't work. They never load in to the UI. Halp!
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Sorry, I cant help you. I use the default UI but I also don't play a healer so I make do. I first started using custom UIs when I played TheGameThatIsNotToBeNamed, and I hated every patch which broke my UI until the mods were updated. Usually took just a day or three, but so annoying as I was on a PvP server at the time. Got me out of the habit unless it was something I really needed.
  3. Solzak Member

I have DarqUI, and it works fine. It has it's own installer, and that makes it very easy to get going.

Check your files - specifically all the folders under the UI folder. Make sure you're putting the new files in the right one - there are two by default. Are you just putting the UI files in the UI folder? You really have to delete the file you are replacing, if you haven't. Also, you can't be running the game, because that locks the files from being deleted. I'd suggest asking in General chat in game if you are doing this and it's still not working.