eq2.mmorpgstats.com - fan site - combat / artisan / guilds - ranks & stats

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Goldenpaw, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Goldenpaw Guest

Hello Everyone,

eq2.mmorpgstats.com

I’ve got a fan site for your world up and running, that has rankings and statistics (charts) for both artisans and combatants. We are working on adding some additional enhancements, but it is functional now for you, we have had several servers testing it for a while now.

Some of the questions I am sure that will be asked is:

I'm not on there - We only parse levels above 20...

I am level 50 and I reached 50 before blah - This is true, but the way it checks records I can not tell who reached what when, if I really dug I could figure it out, but the parses would take way way too long. In addition with above hopeful enhancements we are going to rank people differently that just who reached X level first. Sort of like how we rank Guilds.

There is an issue with the charts not displaying 0 records, like say 0 Froglok Berserkers, this is because I do not have outer joins working correctly at this time (by that I mean I haven't started it), I will work on it as soon as I finish the error correction code...

We are working on offering XML to all guilds, as long as it is not abused, so people can stop their individual parsing of eq2players and just take their roster / stats from us directly via an xml feed.

I really hope you enjoy it, if you see any bugs please use the contact me button, or use the forums there, or even leave a reply here.

WORLDS PARSED - Antonia Bayle, Blackburrow, Butcherblock, Everfrost, Grobb, Guk, Highkeep, Kithicor, Lavastorm, Lucan DLere, Najena, Nektulos, Neriak, Oggok, Toxxulia, Unrest

We will finish putting up the rest of the worlds as I get some code written with more error detection (its a priority) but as a lot of people who have been testing this and having fun with it, I am hoping you all will as well.

Have a good one,
    Goldentale of Najena
  2. ARCHIVED-ReubinLeaf Guest

Excellent tool! Thanks so much :)
  3. ARCHIVED-_Calvin_ Guest

Thanks for a great site!
  4. ARCHIVED-Goldenpaw Guest

thank you both very much :D
    if anyone comes back to check this, I've almost got the level 50 rank thing done, i mean within spitting distance, it isn't going to rank you by who reached 50 first but by a ratio we have devised... I am so excited, if I wasn't rewritting code this morning I'd already be done :D
    Also we had our first xml feed work yesterday without a hitch, so it is only a very short amount of time before we are able to offer that to everyone. I am having to learn XML, I am just hoping I am properly structuring it, and that my servers can handle it :D
    I'll keep everyone posted
  5. ARCHIVED-Homeslice Guest

Seems very cool :)

Just can't wait to see my server on there so I can get some use out of it :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

Very cool. I'll see if we can get a news item posted about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-kerra Guest

No Crusbone stats? :smileysad:
  8. ARCHIVED-Arkenor Guest

Great site. I have a request though!

For guild rankings, could you have a toggle option for removing guilds with less than 6 members from the rankings? One/two man guilds tend to skew the result at the top end badly in some categories. A quest ranking for guilds is always nice too, though I would say that being in a questing guild...

I'll certainly keep an eye on what our ratings are up to on your tables.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Sweet! I'm just curious how you actually parse the results.
  10. ARCHIVED-Baelzharon Guest

Oh wow, according to your rankings I am the highest level Ratonga Shadow Knight on Neriak. Go me!

/flex
  11. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Absolutely amazing job!

You've created a much more functional site than SOE's own webteam has offered us, even after months of feedback from the playerbase.

I especially like that you have included a ranking of guilds based on guild level and status points. It continues to baffle me that SOE will not do this.

Can you add the quest per member information at some point? That is the only thing I really see missing. The site is very functional and I'm totally impressed by your work. SOE should hire you onto their own webteam so we can finally get a working eq2players.com imo.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sorvani Guest

/cry no Befallen yet.. can't wait. the site looks interesting.
  13. ARCHIVED-ReilenBlaeyze Guest

Theres several servers missing, including my server Crushbone.
    So long as that's the case I see no reason to cheer.

(I'm only posting because the sites developers do not appear to be aware of the issue in their todo listing on the forum)
  14. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

No Innothule yet either.
  15. ARCHIVED-Muhadib Guest

Beats strobe on update times hands down.
    Keep up the good work!
  16. ARCHIVED-Dolf Goodcheese Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Toolaz Guest

Any update on the XML feed?