EQ2 MAP interface - cant make it work

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Cruxifier, May 19, 2020.

1. Cruxifier Member

Hi,

My setup:
    G:\ is seperate harddisk and EQ2 is installed on G:\MMORPGS\EverQuest II
    EQ2Maps are located in G:\MMORPGS\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP
    I have tried both .exe installer and manuel install of EQ2Maps.
    I have updated EQ2Maps.
    I am launching EQ2 from within EQ2MAps.

Setup in EQ2Maps updater looks like this:

Everquest 2 Installation folder:
    G:\MMORPGS\EverQuest II
    G:\MMORPGS\EverQuest II\LaunchPad.exe

However when I log on and choose a character, the map is the same as before. Nothing changes.
    Please advice as it is driving me nuts!

kr
  2. Celan Active Member

You need to actually tell EQ2 to use those maps. When you are ingame on one of your toons, do /loadui and choose EQ2MAP from the list displayed to you.
    Cyrrena and Cruxifier like this.
  3. Cruxifier Member

Thank you SO MUCH! :D

Happy playing!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you do it that way it won't stay set between login sessions. You're almost certainly set up to use a different custom interface if the maps install isn't working by default. As maps is also a custom interface and you can only select one at a time you'll need to merge the files. Personally I did it by copying the EQ2maps folder into my existing custom folder. If you do that make sure you amend the path setting in the maps installer to update to that folder in future. Or you can copy your custom files into the EQ2maps folder but if you do it that way round you'll need to change the folder location set up on your eq2.ini file.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Or if you don't mind a custom UI, you can use DarqUI Unified which has EQ2Maps built in.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Zap Rowsdower New Member

Thank you so much!!! I've gone through tons of pages and you're the only person that had an actual answer. Thanks again!!