Eq2 Live question.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Aran Anar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

Have a question about the game. I played the demo back in 2006 and liked it alot. It was a download from the eq2 website for 20 days. Game started on a boat then went to a island. Game seemed alot better. The player skill icons where nice and the emote alot better for the characters. It was alot less old 70 swank style. The character progression made sence and was more fun. I read on eq2 wiki that it was called eq2 live. Really wasnt that the real eq2 game as it was intended buy sony for what they wanted in there game?

1) My question is if i goto the eq2 website here and click download i get streaming download. Is that what is called eq2 extended? Yes No?

2) If i buy the game eq2 from a store and install it on computer do i play nice old eq2 so called live?

That would be nice. I look at the box set for eq2 in store i see that it doesnt have some expansions that the free to play streaming has. It also has a expansion that is not listed at all on the FTP "version".

Is there any chance at all be honest here peoples that some .... thought he change the game call it free to play and make joke like free means (for repeat e e) and that all they wanted to do was put a store in the game. Im very used to old eq1 back in like 2000 pay your monthly fee play game nothing else to worry about.

Why is the word "grant" showing up in eq2. Politics have nothing to do with a good historical role playing game ;)

Fact is grant was a criminal and a murder and never was a good person at all everyone knows thats, farming orphanages for little childeren to make products well he bad guy he dead he big ugly smelly bearded bug.

Ideas for game: Shadow oak house be really nice!!!! all 3 levels and area ourunf it outside. Maybe even a nice quest to get it be fun and maybe use city tokens or some other type faction based currency be fun.

A theifs hideout type player house be really cool i know people would like it. How about that island across from freeport or some cool place or dungeon in game make it a cool sneaky hideout house?\

A nice black panther mount would be fun. I think to many smelly boar mounts no one wants to ridearound on a hog really.

A level 90 armor set can be done before age of discovery expansion. Something that looks really nice for all classes and is quest and has bonus for each peice that is good and a few good bonus for the set. Remember that with AA skill alot of the armor set bonus is same as AA bonus you get so probelm is alot of everyone skip nice armor sets and do PVP for armor set.

Question i trying to figure this out please here? For the level 80 armor sets that are quested why none of them have resist magic on them? When i eq2 wiki and look they got screenshot of same armor sets but with +Hit points and + Power on them that is good! I find armor sets in game for sale of npc's for shards and no have hp or power and not have resist on them????

3) Question i am looking for a good armor set level 80 to 90 that does have resist on it and good armor set bonus and haste, anyone think of anything?

BTW lv 80 shard armor sets are by far the worst looking things i ever seen. Seems best looking armor set is the lv 67 or lv 65-70 ones from castle mismore. Tower of frozen shadow got apearance gear but i really think there should be a lv 90 armor set with stats liek lv 90 gear is and good bonus. Maybe people get out of pvp and see the game:)

Best armor set i found in game but i might be wrong is the lv 75 pvp set wich and if you look i find this really weird..... has bigger higher number stats for stam ect than the more expaensive lv 80 pvp set,

Who really messed up the game? I get that all stats went from all stats help char to only 2 with stam being 1 and intel or agil or str or wisdom wich is not really the true eq system. Old system made more sence me think really, intel gave you resist and so did wisdom, str did more damage, agil was dodge, DEX was chance to hit. That way not every char turned out the same.

Owell hey my main question are really is there a way at all for me to play what you seem to call old eq2 live? It was by far better even if city's got changed i remember old freeport it was bigger and more fun to play game in. Had more house zones and had a good feel to the game that was fun. Also it didnt have nice elfs living homeless in a ally... whats with that?

Why is there a picture of a toilet bowl on my char page? Trying to advertise toilet bowel cleaner in a Role play game? WHY?

Did someone copy over eq2 on to there own server and reconnect it to a internet provider and take over eq2 that way? It really seems like it.......

Is it true that boars are realated to trangula spiders and lay spider eggs all over the place and open up hamberger stands and sing county westeren music? Seem to build there bodys out of other people and think they got some company called a country? Are they bee keepers at all? True false? why? how stupid....Do they have a phone system back to bone mire zone in eq2 game that they use to order up new products? Is melting down people into plastic cups and forks and spoons with in the law? Sounds same as murder to me. Found problem.......

I THINK GAME BEST PUT BACK WAY IT WAS. EVERYONE THINK THAT.

A few nice questions - from a honest good person, have fun !!!! >.<

P.S. Big fat warthogs clearing there throught every 45 secodns or so and bug eyed stare at comics are not really needed at all what you guys think? you know as people? O yea and there is a chance that the real year is way past the year 2012 in real life more like 500,000 years or so past that. thought id say that dont know what is wrong with ******* monger peoples, dont care they bad anyways. Trying to send little childeren to old schools that make plastic products and then "grant" things...Anyone at all agree i mean really here.....

But back to game it nice seems a lttle not organized all scrambled up some. Could be redone a little to give the game back the level to gear sence that it had. That and the old class progression system and newbiee island and the city had all the zones open and they didnt single out nice elfs and make them stand outside with faces of little kids looking sad.. im really wonder is this really eq2 ior some copyed joke? that good question doesnt seem like someone was being very good or nice... you know quynos, you blame the nice elfs? Hey maybe it was >> ORGERS<< fault or those dumb spider brain bearded dwarfs you know i mean it not hard to figure that out right?

Be nice and answer my 3 numbered questions as they are good questions and have fun in game.

What do you all think of my 3 ideas for player hosue and mount?

See you in game... "A" repeates ( a nice sound aaaaaaaa) A needs A . ////
    Kill "Techno havers" , that make sky turn black... for money, made from skin with dumb pictures on it, and ****** god word...... whatever ment by that i mean how stupid. bug brain stupid.

OR my guild name : <Arania>.. make sence? nice good sence? every time i goto qeynos i really wonder what the >>*&^% is going on and see that outside the gates. Nothing worng with having player hosue zones so people dont have to be bothered by bad bug brain spider insect people... right?
  2. Aran Anar Active Member

See i do not rant or flame i ask nice ^.^
  3. Geozen New Member

I don't think that island exists anymore. I had EQ2 preordered and got the character creation disc before the game came out. Once I got the game though my computer couldn't run it well at all. I do remember playing on that island in the beginning of the game where the goblins were attacking and there was a cool forest to go into. I don't think we will ever see that version of EQ2 again. The game has developed since 2004 and is always changing. You have to embrace the change or move on past it. Good luck with your time in Norrath.

Also you can still pay your $15 a month like I do and don't worry about the cash shop.

P.S.S. I think you should be playing a Gnome with the way this post rambles on. I read the post in a Gnome voice. lol
  4. Aran Anar Active Member

figures some guy with name "GE" something answers back no im not a gnome and really arent gnomes mostly little people who have there apearance changed?

Anyways here i make my questions again so dont have to ask some else to read it for you..... or talk into device and have computer type it for you, of course i dont speak "Tabanus sulcifrons" thats close to gaylic :)

1) Is there anyway at all in any place in the world that a person can play old 2005 to 2009 type eq2 or what was "dubbed" live?

2) Can anyone list a good lv 90 armor set that has resist on it and stats for a lv 90 char before expansion age of discovery?

3) what happens if i buy the old 2009 eq2 box set and install it? It does have a expansion on it that this game does not have when you click download of this eq2 web site?

4) Anyone else think shadow oak player house good idea?

5) How about a theives hideout type house? Or houses based of dungeon zones like one under freeport or others?

6) Here idea a tradeskill house in both qeynos and freeport there are tradeskill areas that go under ground (wood hatch in freeport same in qeynos) and have there own faction for them. Be really cool to be able to buy or quest for those and decorate them.

7) less boar, pig warthog, mounts and more cat type mounts like a nice black panther be really fun.

8) ability to make some raid zones a guild hall if your guild beats the raid zone and does a quest for it then able to decorate it, maybe necromancer lair or soemthing cool.

What yrb think?

PS comic are old and stupid and havve nothing to do with anything they after the fact written for buggy nerds lol :p
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

1) There is no EQ2 extended. There is only EQ2. The game you download from the site & the game you would get if you bought a box are the same. Everything from the original release content up through Sentinal's Fate is included for no charge in that download. If you want the latest stuff you'd have to buy Chains of Eternity (which includeds the Destiny of Velious expansion) and the Age of Discovery pack (mostly unnecessary stuff but some good gameplay enhancements).

2) You can get a crafter to make you a set of the Thurgadin armor. It's not super awesome but it is servicable until you can get better as drops or quested. The level 92 mastercrafted has some pretty decent pieces if you are starting out without great gear.

3) There is nothing you would get in a box that you buy in the store that you wouldn't get as a download to my knowledge (that would have been either The Shadow Odyssey or Sentinal's Fate given the date you've given) unless you want to count the fluff items that come with expansion purchases sometimes. It might have one of those (like a mount or cloak or something of that nature). It wouldn't contain any actual content that isn't available normally.

4, 5, 6 & 8) If you are speaking of the druid tree in Darklight Woods, yes =) many people have suggested it in the housing forums as well as many other places we would like to see available as housing. If you have more suggestions, I think there is still a thread in the housing forums where people were posting about things they wanted to see.

7) More mount types in general would be interesting. I also play Vanguard and they have ants, panthers, big spider things, wolves & all sorts of critters that can be used as mounts.
  6. Aran Anar Active Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Everquest_II_Extended

Everquest II Extended is a free-to-play version of the 2004 game called Everquest II. It is often referred to as EQ2X for short, whereas the original Everquest II game is often referred to as "EQ2 Live".
    Since 2009, several of Everquest II's competitors have switched to a free-to-play membership model, or have announced their intentions to do so. In early 2010, Sony Online Entertainment consulted the EQ2 player population to determine the extent of support for adding a free-to-play model to EQ2. The resulting product, EQ2X, was unveiled in the summer at FanFaire 2010. A significant Game Update coincided with the beta release of EQ2X, which revamped the game's user interface and newbie experience and revised many of the previous rules related to character creation.
    In December of 2011 free-to-play access was added to the existing EQ2 servers.

Very nice answer thank you muchly:0 This is why i asked and i see on alot of game cards around pacific north west that it says everquest 2 extended on it. The ones from the i gues sill leave the company name out but a video type game store there is alot of around here there game cards did have eq2 extended listed on the card and eq2 and eq1 of course. So reading this i wanted to ask i went to a store found a box copy of the game and wrote down all the expansion listed on it. I hopeing i can play it before the city revamps guess not. Maybe i can find a video of what all qeyos or freeport looked like. Thanks for reply
  7. Aran Anar Active Member

Is there any way to do any quest for those guys in south qeynos standing outside old qeynos zone gate? Looks like revamp made them with out there royal house. Is there a story to it. It seems strange as qeynos is a good city and they seem to be elfs of wood elf or high elf type. ?
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Omg your posts are like listening to a crazy drunk!

I totally lost track of what you were asking.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2 Extended was back when there was ONE server that was Free-to-Play. I have never heard of this "EQ2 Live" you keep talking about. There is just one game called EverQuest II and all servers allow Free-to-Play. When you download EQ2 either Streaming or Full Download (8-12 hours), you are getting the FULL game.

There is no reason to purchase EQ2 at a store. If you are Free-to-Play, you get everything up to level 90. Destiny of Velious, Age of Discovery, and Chains of Eternity are extras.

Not sure what "joke" you are talking about. You can pay $15 a month and have a subscription, or you can play Free-to-Play. EQ1 is also Free-to-Play. And yes, both games have a StationCash Marketplace where you can buy stuff, but you don't need it to play.

What silly nonsense is this? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grant?s=t

Because Resists were moved to Jewelry.

It doesn't matter because you can equip Appearance armor and change appearance any time you want.

More nonsense. Most people do not PvP.

A designer who no longer works for SOE. :)

No.

Just say no to drugs.

Really, just put down the medication.

I think it has nothing to do with playing EQ2.

I have an idea: Instead of reading Wiki, download EQ2 and try it out and see if you like it.
    Neiloch and Spindle like this.
  10. Aran Anar Active Member

Whats wrong with reading everquest 2 wiki thats where the game information on quests is. Money is no excuse for right and wrong. There. Your answer told me im right.... you say dont read everquest 2 wiki you say play it yea i been doing that. Good game. Well thats what the wiki said and it does have all the game information on it. Well all i wanted to know is there some way to play it how it was before revamp, maybe some insect brain germ related to donkey ^%$# unplug his mustache and his short wave raido system he think with. Drugs hugh . Want truth Grant was a corn farmer and thats all there is in over counter drugs go look yoursself. When we got into his tomb all we found was spider and insect parts. He start drug company and syrup company. AM I WRONG that game redone so now it all read granted all over? Let me guess "G" Repeats "A" Need "T" telegrapg" E" electric"D" usually don or dave a old german confederate german cowboy referance. Maybe i had family in federal goverment once and way things go it stays with me. So i see this and i point out looks like game was taken over and copyed then reconnected to some Company for internet to Cast something that is not the truth.

Way you put it i should not look myself but take it as it is. You call that smart?

Put down the medication... really well if spider got brain and lay eggs what the hell are you with a brain in your head? Let me guess dont think about that.. O NO! No i dont drink beer or do drugs wich should be not made in first place.

I think i can wiki any suject and get the information thats true and so i read notes saying that eq2 live was changed.. now i ask whats that is, i get some flippant answer so fine i tell you truth you say what u say u know im right your a bug. GO buzz off mic fly.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I really hope english isn't your first language.
    Lempo and Kokorobosoi like this.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

If that's not a winning sig I don't know what is.

S M R T Smart.
  13. Calthine Well-Known Member

You might check us out over at EQ2 ZAM, too :) http://eq2.zam.com/wiki
  14. Aran Anar Active Member

15. Aran Anar Active Member

yea spell checker nice i use google spell checker alot

Alright anyone but me find it mean to have them standing in south qeynos locked out. ? Whjere can i find story on what happened?
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

You'd have to be more specific. Which guys? Have you tried looking their names up on ZAM?
  17. Le Clown Active Member

what the...i don't even..
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about everyone getting kicked out of the Neighborhoods from Qeynos and Freeport.
  19. Calthine Well-Known Member

I think so too, but "those guys standing around" would be almost anything.

If that's the case, yes, there's a bunch of quests as part of the Qeynos Quest Series.
  20. Aran Anar Active Member

Finora thank you very nice answers :)