EQ2 Leaderboards

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

We want to know what you think! Please give us your feedback about the Leaderboards on our site!
    http://www.everquest2.com/leaderboards/?locale=en
    How often do you use them? What are your suggestions?
    Thanks so much! We value your input.
    Best,
    ~*Isulith*~
    EverQuest II Community Relations Manager
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

The first thing i would suggest is adding average stat search terms e.g avg npc kills per week, avg pvp kills per week, avg people logged in per week, avg status generated per week etc etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

I'm going to guess/assume that you are looking for feedback for the future EverQuest2.com revamp which will use totally new character/guild/server data.

If I'm correct, then you might want to stipulate something like:

"We know that there are numerous bugs with the character/guild/server data behind the Leaderboards. In the process of relaunching the EverQuest2.com website, we are looking for suggestions and feedback on if the Stats, Data, and Search choices offered in Leaderboards are still relevant or if there should be changes/additions once the new data is hooked up. So, tell us what you think about the Leaderboards themselves."

If I am incorrect and you are asking for opinions on the *current* state of the Leaderboards, well, I'm sorry to say they haven't reliably worked in over a year now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

Last time i checked them out they were so broken you could not get any info from them.

Just checked them again, and they seem to be working, no idea when they got fixed, but nice to see them up and running again. Will be checking them more from time to time now, and hope they will stay this way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

We have/had leaderboards?

Anyways... I probably wouldn't use them. They seem pretty limited though. Why not track other things as well, maybe like most discoveries, most achievements, etc.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I liked the leader boards when they are accurate and didnt have bugged data. I rarely use the leaderboards now because they lack useful and usable information. I will rarely look on the leader boards to see my quest ranking on the server. I use to occasionally check it to see other players gear selections of my class, but now that information is not updated and half the items are missing. If you want the players site to be used you need to include information not avaible anywhere else. You should include information that fan sites EASILY can gather such as item finders and npc locations. I am not looking for player guides or walkthroughs; just usable information.
    my list of what should be on a leaderboard and accurate data.

Highest achievement score.
    Highest Power
    Highest hitpoints
    Highest melee hit
    Highest spell hit
    Most wealth
    Most npc kills
    Most quests
    Most status
    Highest parse by select encounter named. (at least 90 sec duration) including pets, procs, etc.
    Most discoveries.
    Most items created.
    Most deaths
    Most pvp kills. (bg and pvp server)
    Highest PVP kill streak (bg and pvp)
    Kill vs death ratio
    Highest character item score value.
    *You wanted to place this character score in game. So people can judge items and see if they are an upgrade. I dont think you should put it in game but instead on the eq2players site. This way people can look it up but it wont adversely effect the game. *
    I would like to inspect other peoples profiles and items
    I would like to see the last time someone logged on again.
    I would like to see who discovered an item world wide again.
    I would like to see previous name changes, class changes, etc.
    I would like to see a named drop table and drop rates that you provide to eq2zam.
    I would like to search for items like a broker on eq2players vs all ingame items on all npcs killed on live servers.
    I would like to see a profile builder so people can BUILD thier character like they want. Items, AA's, adornments, reforging, etc. AKA a wishlist.

I would like to search for NPC stats on eq2players.
    I want to know if an npc has resists and how much
    I want to know how much dps, haste, strikethrough, uncontested parry/dodge/riposte, block, flurry, multiatk, melee skills, caster skills, accuracy, potency, critbonus, crit avoidance, etc.
    I want to know these values so we can figure out how much we can debuff these npcs without guessing they do something. Some of these we can figure out in game many of them you can't.
    I would like items to track world wide discos on the item when its looked up and server discos on an item in some fashion.
    How about giving the location (zone and /loc) of npcs in game via the players site.
    You can pretty much remove all reference to arena champions from the leaderboards. No one uses it. You need to revamp arena champion system into a solo progression system. Think a player character vs gladiator type system. Kill the arena champion and win that champion (for use vs the creature guild spawner)+ unlock some prizes like trophies, titles, appearance gear, etc. It is a great way to add a small expandable amount of solo content to the game. Make the zone like a gladiator ring, you can keep some of the maps. You can make it an addendum to the battleground system. You can have a creature spawner in the zone so people can practice vs those npcs. You can make it engaging like the splitpaw saga (adventure pack) arena type event.
  7. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

On the old (black) EQ2Players website you could run "best-of" queries within your own guild, which is the thing I miss the most on the new site. Our private website had a nice feature that would randomly display mugshots and best-of stats of our various achievers on the front page. I had to go through and run all the queries once a week manually to keep it current, but it was worth it.
    If you could restore the ability to narrow query results down to guild-only it would be pretty cool.
  8. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

The old EQ2Players would also let you do "best in class on server" as well as building custom leaderboard rankings. The exposed query URLs made it far simpler for powerusers tailor the searches and have permalinks to them. Many years ago, one could actually keep track of their discoveries; I certainly hope all the ones that happened in between haven't been lost for good (aka SOE not willing to go back through logs and restore it - like when they added acheivements and people had to reflag themselves). It's also pretty bizarre that the highest HO rankings are so off on the individual character pages yet the leaderboards seem to be accurate. I certainly hope they're not going to use the same team of developers who redid eq2players to do it again.
    I miss the NPC's kill leaderboard from the original eq2players. It was fun seeing "a treasured chest" making the top 100 so often.

However, I'm sceptical they're just fishing for confirmation that no one is using them anymore so they can shut them down for good.
  9. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

I say shut them down also.

Providing a service without supporting is a scenario that's horribly gone wrong.

Should never provide a service without supporting it UNLESS its flawless.

eq2players site is not flawless. take it down or start supporting it.

if dev resources are scarce, remove website as distraction and finally end it.

if this thread means support is finally coming I would add I liked old metrics, but I think a ranking system by class, subclass, archtype, player should be implemented. Dont know how to do it, but it would be nice if ppl bragging "im the #1 fury WW" had some evidence.

last i checked the primary recorded stat was HP, and a level 80 mystic had the most. noone cares if mystics have hp, they care aboutif they can heal.

maybe players could post parses to website (finite time recorded by server) once a week (like housing is updated and rated), and server would weight and say who is best.

the max hp stuff is pointless except for tanks, and its a vague metric for being a good tank.

again, all this takes resources. prolly better uses.

at the very least, remove website (or fix freeblood display bug so accounts with freeblood characters created can modify their privacy, and fix velious gear display while you're at it).
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

ratbastard wrote:
    They should have probably decommissioned or made some band-aid fixes to EQ2Players when Velious launched since it was already very problematic, it didn't support any of the Velious gear, and the data was totally mangled due to the server mergers.
    But why the renewed demands to shut the site down now? According to the Freeport Webcast, the replacement site is not too far around the corner. Yes, we've heard "we're really close" before, but I'm cautiously optimistic this time.
    Also your post suggests that "dev resources" means that any time spent on the website detracts from EQ2. EQ2Players, EverQuest2.com, the DCUO website, the FreeRealms website, etc. are handled by Platform.
  11. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

Feldon why renewed demands: I recently(november) submitted a ticket on this issue when i discoverd my previous petition(feb/march) resolution was no longer working. There was back-and-forth multiple times. My current understanding is that noone in eq2 actually has control over the website and there is currently noone outside eq2 who i could be refered to for support. This means that support for this service is not under the company that i pay my sub to, and there is no process to resolve things. This situation is completely and utterly unacceptable. Taking the website down while this type of support exists is definitely called for. The website has been like this since february for most ppl. Yes I did inform SOE of the situation last winter/spring when I noticed it. It feels very unfair that the company I pay a subscription to refuses to help me with a buggy aspect of the service I am purchasing. the website is non-essential, its not being supported, and its got serious bugs. If i wasnt paying sub it might be different, but I am. I just hope this thread means a resolution is coming. Still, the website should be down until that happens.
  12. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I used to use the site to look at many features. However, I haven't been able to use it in months due to the bugs. I can't even see my characters there now. I don't think you will be able to get a lot of feedback on which features would be useful if we could use them until we can actually use them to see if they are useful. I don't remember the features there it's been so long since I could see them.
  13. ARCHIVED-liquidtroll Guest

Highest Magical Hit
    1,663,512,448 by a _warden_
    130,003,704 by a _ranger_
    71,510,536 by a _berserker_
    70,466,752 by a _shadow knight_

oh and then the first CASTER pops up, also with cheated results. (potency grinding in pools)

highest magical hits done by scripts, items, reflects etc are useless if you want to compare on an equal basis.
    there are more MELEE classes in this list than casters.

there is NO real highest magic hit in the top100. real as in normal group/raid situations.

and there are ONLY brawlers in the highest melee hit top100 coz of their special attack.

i really would LOVE a toplist for EVERY single abillity.
    top100 for highest ice comets. top100 for highest deathtouches. top100 for highest, well you got my point.

and add more (search)flexibility like best of the best of the class on a server.
  14. ARCHIVED-Keisaro Guest

Very awesome leaderboards, as A returning EQ2 player, gotta say I'm enjoying all the current updates and features.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tyrantanic Guest

Is there anyway to add in a feature to look at the leaderboards for classes that are only on a particular server?
  16. ARCHIVED-Noviets Guest

Unrest still doesnt work on the new boards.
  17. ARCHIVED-ladyphoenix73 Guest

well done is leaderboard work now but will u add freeblood class and future beastlord class? as this webostie still not show freeblood class in this website since dov realse
    everquest2.com still missing is freeblood i hope u fix it same time as beastlord class on everquest website
  18. ARCHIVED-PhabiusBile Guest

First - Freeblood is a race not a class.

Second - I find the leaderboards to be, well................. pointless

Hitpoints 225,669
    Power 196,428
    Melee hits for 128,362,616
    Magic hits for 1,663,512,448

these kind of things make the boards totally useless in my opinion. If you want to have leaderboards you need to sort out what qualifies to be on there not this trifling trash......
  19. ARCHIVED-Healani Guest

Grumpy_Warrior_01 wrote:
    This is what I miss from the old site, being able to see your rankings from your guild members.
  20. ARCHIVED-crackers_87 Guest

liquidtroll wrote:
    lols You could get the high hid too! just go (potency grinding in pools)! Any 1 can do it! Just got to take the time!
    Now the 1,663,512,448 by a _warden_ is a GM hit! no 1 can get there toon 90/300 + 90 crafter + #1 for most crafting Recipes in 5 days!!!