EQ2 Guide Program

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Twicket, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i look up and got excited for butcherblock server, it got 3 days of sheduled and i show up but there is no guides anywhere. pure let down. i was hoping that i maybe able to finish some "Dodads" sets.
    i cant afford those on brokers, too high.
  2. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

Where is the section for nagafen? Why does nagafen not have any guide events? Nagafen is a server too the one named after a big dragon. I know its a pvp server but that shouldnt stop guide events. Pvp may just make them more challenging or make one that might envolve pvp.
  3. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Well Tyrus, all I cans say on Butcherblock is keeps looking for Guides. You just has to find them when they isn't running a Quest. If they is running a Quest they won't show as a "Guide".
    And as for your Nagafen question, biguglyone, there isn't a section for it because they doesn't lets Guides on there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

5. ARCHIVED-griffon_lady Guest

A few of us players have been having a problem with the guide quests. We really love having the guides, and those of us who are avid decorators REALY love the house item rewards... but the guides leave before we can finish the quest. :\ I seem to remember the guide given quests being able to finish with out going back to the guide, but now i have a couple unfinished quests due to dissapearing guides. :\
  6. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

We had a guide tease us with a hat that put a quest feather over his head. I tried clicking on him, right clicking hailing, and if i recall a few emotes. Might have even been a flirt or two. That might have been why i got food.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mairliana Guest

To griffon_lady: Some quests are indeed autocomplete, others require a Guide's quest character to complete it for you, still others don't have a quest for your journal at all but still have rewards. Usually it's best to do the quest right away for that reason, since you never know which it will be! Of course the same quests are repeated often so if you still have it in your journal you'd just need to watch for the next time it is. I personally try to stick around for anyone I send out with the quest (and I'm sure most of us do), but sometimes if I've waited a half hour or more for them to return and they still aren't back I head home. So that's something to keep in mind.

To Wolfsbaine: The quest feather is just a decoration to help adventurers such as yourself to locate where the Guide running the event is! Our characters don't work like NPCs so you won't immediately get a quest by hailing or clicking. Have to read what is being said in /say and respond appropriately.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

I realize that. I do however think that would be a nice item for Station cash and I would gladly buy several for all of my toons. I love the guides. I just moved over to a server with them and I have a blast. I could even weazr one for a raid and mute stuff for a mana, then have the raid play 20 questions for a mana
  9. ARCHIVED-Mairliana Guest

Ah, well that makes sense ! I think I got a bit confused. Hehe.

Not sure that will ever happen, as some might take advantage of it for pretending they are guides. But who knows? Perhaps one in a different color other than green might be nice! I sure would love them on my player self for when I do player-run events on my play server! *grins*
  10. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

You guys really do a wonderful job on all the servers. I do feel sorry for the Bazaar and PVP servers, since they dont get to see you guys. I do understand the reasoning though
  11. ARCHIVED-eq2housing Guest

I submitted an application a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything either way. Any chance for an update? :) I'd even be OK with a "not at this time" instead of just hanging here without a featherfall cloak and my fingers slipping off the ledge... :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

From the Guide Program FAQ:
    Q: My application has been submitted now what do I do?
    A: Sit back, relax, and wait. If you are accepted into the program, you will be informed via email. Make sure your email address is current as well as check to make sure your Spam folder hasn't eaten our message that is if you have a spam filter running. If you haven't heard back from anyone in a month time, you can always re-apply.
    So, I would recommend emailing guideadmin@soe.sony.com and asking about your application; after that, if necessary (depending on the response that you receive), I would submit another application (or submit your previous application again, if you still have a copy of it).
    Good luck!
    - Tallann
  13. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Bazaar has no guide quests, though they do have many NPC quests that give guide quests. Not all, but some and it's been a great thing they did for us! Freeport as I udnerstand it is the same. I also recently rolled a toon on AB and have had a BLAST doing the guide quests there with real peopel to interact with. My main toon is SO envious and wonders now that Breeport and Baz are merging and all servers are gonig to F2P if we will see guides there?
  14. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    Shaking the magic 8-Ball... I sees a good answer in your near future...... and in my new siggienature.
  15. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-16 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=514444&post_id=5717440 Spam
  16. ARCHIVED-Ceebia Guest

Looking for the guide application here, having a hard time finding it. Anyone know where it is?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

SOE will be hosting a webcast about the Guide Program on Thursday May 10 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.
    If you are interested, have questions, etc, please see all the details and leave your questions at the following post:
    SOE Community Webcast: Volunteer Guides
  19. ARCHIVED-Encanto Guest

Squeecha wrote:
    In reference to Squeecha's post:
    The webcast about the Volunteer Guide Program on May 10th was outstanding! The webcast consisted of an interview by Brasse (SOE Director of Global Community Relations) with Elder Guide Rynara and Senior Guides Ryleth & Squeecha. Elder Guide Ainure was also present (offscreen) answering the chat questions.
    If you would like to know more about the people in the Guide program and what they do, you are encouraged to watch it here: SOE Guide Program Video
    To go to the Guide Application or pass the URL on to a fellow player go to: http://bit.ly/guideapp
    We look forward to seeing you in the Guide Program in the near future!
  20. ARCHIVED-Stammel_Desperado Guest

I've tried applying several times over IE, and it just keeps saying the page isn't available. I'd really like to volunteer my time to SOE. I've taken the liberty to email my application to the Guide Admin. Anyone know why the application page isn't working on Internet Explorer?