eq2.fluffy.dk questlist in-game login?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-yadi, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-yadi Guest

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone who's using eq2.fluffy.dk questlist UI is able to log to his account in-game?
    I'm able to log directly on the website into my questlist, but I'm unable to log in-game and add my quests I just did...
    He updated the UI in June, and I have updated my version but still no go for me...
    Thanks for any replies...
  2. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

That new browser component the started using really screws stuff up...
    It seems that when you use the tab key to jump between the username and password fields, the next letter you press doesn't actually appear in the field you jumped to. There's not much I can do about it on my end unfortunately, the login fails because the first letter of the password is never sent to the server.
    So in order to get around this you will either have to use the mouse to switch between the fields, or just press the first letter of your password twice :)
  3. ARCHIVED-yadi Guest

Well thank you very much for letting us know...
    I feared that I wouldn't be able to use it ever again... I didn't want to uninstall that awesome UI...
    Thanks!!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

I figured that part out myself, but how can you make it remember the login, currently I have to enter my login everyday, this started since I installed the June version.
  5. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

It should keep you logged in for about a month after your last login. If that doesn't happen there is probably some issue with cookies in the new browser as well... Not much I can do about that either.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

-Fluffy- wrote:
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing last night and did some digging, I don't know how you've defined your login cookie, but I found some info on how that browser likes things here:
    http://support.awesomium.com/kb/gen...-i-set-a-cookie

best regards and I hope it helps resolve this problem
  7. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

Well the cookies are working as they should, otherwise you would be required to log in every time the page loaded.
    The new browser probably doesn't save cookies between sessions, which means you will have to log in every time you start the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

So its been 3 months with this issue, is there any hope of a fix? I can't find the cookies, maybe they could be write protected, or made read only for the game? Or is there any option to keep cookies somewhere and if not why not?
  9. ARCHIVED-samael616 Guest

I have the problems listed above but also another one, which I seem to have a workaround too that I thought I would mention in case anyone else has it.

Sometimes when I have switched toons (usually to hand out shinies) I log in the quest helper but when I try to use the shiny it auto logs me out and every time I re-log it does the same. Just before I switch toons I log in the toon I am about to log into, then log them. The login sticks and I have no problem. Alternately if I forget to do that, before I log in on the quest helper I open journal, go to quest tab and click on a random quest (not the top one or one that is already highlighted). Then go to login and log in as normal but immediately click resend on the quest showing up in the left corner. This should make it stick and I have not generally had any problems once I have done that.