eq2 discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by kreather, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'm curious what confidential information was shared without consent? As you've stated you work in the legal field (self-disclosed admission of linkable information, btw), what law/act are you saying was violated?

Assuming Gillyman's statement about it being city and not IP is correct, then that is not confidential information. And I would be very cautious about bringing up professional and ethical standards if you want to associate yourself with the legal profession, especially after posting public comparisons between Alex Jones/Infowars and other individuals.
    Cyrrena, Feldon, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  2. Albanara Active Member

Not quite accurate...you edited the heck out of your post above (#13) and removed both site and person who you accused.

I wont add it in here, but be a little more honest next time.

Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I edit my posts to correct grammar.

Please feel free to post a screenshot of my original post, though.
  4. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

The real question everyone should be asking is why are the devs screwing around on Discord and not working to fix this mess of a game? Discord isn't the official forums, so there is no reason for them to be wasting time on it.
    AOE1, Cyrrena, Dude and 4 others like this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

Other than being able to reach a particular dev, in a timely manner, I fail to see any reason for Discord. Furthermore, when I restarted my computer, recently, I got an update from Discord which surprised me as I wasn't logged on to that site. Apparently the app can update any time it wants to whether I am logged into the site or not. That makes me very unhappy.

And after that update, my computer slowed to a crawl. I don't know why that happened. There may be a conflict with another program as I have plenty of disc space and memory. I assume it is because Discord is running in the background again now that I've rebooted my computer. I had previously stopped all services I wasn't using, and Discord was one of them.

This is why I don't like having to use third-party software. Not only does it add another program that takes up computer resources but, in the case of Discord, seems able to take over my computer at will. I can't think of any other program I have on my computer that updates when I reboot--not even Windows.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I just got the discord ban hammer. I guess I was a little too critical of regular server crashes, lag, lack of content in BoL and the abomination that is overseers. I'm not unhappy about it, I said things which need to be said and they can't engage in dialogue with people who don't sing their praises constantly. That's ok, it's their issue, not mine.
    I do worry for adults with that level of insecurity though. I mean, who hurt you?
    Cyrrena and Feldon like this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

One of my biggest regrets for the EQ2 community was encouraging RadarX to start a Discord for the EQ2 devs. I hoped that its immediacy and community features would encourage devs to be a bit more open in their explanations and improve communication. It did the opposite. It created an echo chamber of people who are diehard fans of EQ2 who say only nice appreciative things to the devs, giving them the impression that everything is peachy keen, and then everyone else who gets banned or kicked from the server for daring to have a different opinion. By creating Discord, I reduced what was already a pittance of forum communication to zero, and created a bully pulpit.

I take some responsibility for this, although really Community should have long ago observed the downsides to the current situation. If some folks take everything personally and have a short fuse regarding criticism of their creative work, maybe they shouldn't have a bright red BAN button on their screen.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

You keep saying that your IP address was posted publicly. It was not. The city that the IP address was reporting from, which I assumed might be faked, was mentioned in passing in a discussion about the horribleness you had expressed on this site and my site in an ongoing ugly nasty war of insults and defamation.

You may be surprised to learn that the IP addresses of spammers and harmful users is COMMONLY SHARED INFORMATION within the forum moderator and administrative community. Forum administrators must be able to keep their sites clean, and private sharing of IP addresses of offensive users is part of that. StopForumSpam.com being the best example of a site (one of many) that collects and shares IP addresses of harmful users. If you crank called me, I do not need your permission to use the phone number you dialed me from to report said action. Similarly, if you use my website to attack me and other members of my forum, I have every right to use the IP address you connected from to warn others. And yet once again, I have never shared your IP address with anyone.

I apologized to end the war. But since you're on the attack once again, I'm here to set the record straight. In my 25 years of forum administration, the extraordinarily destructive behavior you exhibited rose to a level that I've only seen a dozen or so times.
  9. Tittle New Member

The point of Discord is for the same group of about 10 fanboys(and girls) to crack jokes and troll new players asking questions. If you have a concern or issue, they jump on you to gain favor with the Devs/mods because you don't play the game 18 hours per day like they do. Then you get banned so that any potential paying person doesn't see any issues with the game.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Back in the olden days, flames was the big EQ2 community forum. My god, imagine what damage would be done to the current crop of egos on that site lol. At times it was a real viper pit, and yet a good few devs actually regularly used flames to interact with the community. I guess they were made of tougher stuff.
    Cyrrena, Argosunited, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  11. Albanara Active Member

Again, not entirely honest, but at this point, there is no need for me to post who you were originally calling out.

Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I was outlining the inherent dangers of joining any third party site.

I will say that, however, Kander and Daybreak's actions pale in comparison to the unauthorized release of confidential or personally identifiable information without prior permission or warning.

The thread has progressed beyond constructive discussion. People are in kamikaze mode (they are willing to get banned if I get banned).
  13. trollanfrog Member

There is absolutely no justification. It's a control mechanism. As long as you keep everything looking like unicorns and rainbows then they make money without people exposing problems they don't plan on addressing. There are so many things people wouldn't like to know about this game that are so absurdly crooked that if it's not on a short leash it would literally make people quit playing.
    Cyrrena and Wulfgyr like this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This thread is no longer about the OP post and is about an outside website it is locked. Kreather if you haven't already sent me a DM feel free to do so.
    Cyrrena likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.