EQ2 crashes an startup

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Vibrid33, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Vibrid33 Member

Launchpad itself fails to open half of the time, the few times it does EQ2 backscreen crashes when i try to log in. Funny enough the exact same thing happens for EQ1 as well, so it's possibly an issue with launchpad itself. I also had this exact same problem before like a week ago, but it fixed when i updated my drivers, but that doesn't work anymore. I've tried every trick I could think off, as well as every one listed on the customer support website, I sent a ticket days ago but nothing, I'm totally lost here. Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What error messages do you get? When you say "crash", what exactly do you mean? Does it go Blue Screen of Death? Just dump you to desktop? What? You have to give details in order to have anyone be able to guess what's wrong.

On the support ticket, when you turned it in, you should have received an automatic acknowledgement email saying that they got the ticket. If you did not, are you using the same email address that DBG thinks you have? Did the email maybe go in your Spam or Junk folder? Any follow-up emails will meet the same fate. You can just check the ticket on the online Support Page.
  3. Vibrid33 Member

The actual crash that I get is the game just stays at a black screen and says "not responding" in task manager. I've tried waiting to see if it starts eventually but I don't think it does.

And yes, I got the automated reply for my support ticket, it says that it's "open" on the support site.