EQ2 Client stopped working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by AngryConjy, May 21, 2013.

1. AngryConjy Active Member

Hi, as others have posted. Having log in problems here also 8 year customer.
    I have 2 act. and have the same issue on both accounts.
    Noticed on primary act that each time I try, I get a little further along before it quits working.
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Since many different things can cause this, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket with both your Dxdiag and MS info so we can further assist you.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

i only get the info that the client has stopped working. i get no additional information before the whole program exits on its own right back to desktop. Plus, i have no idea what Dxdiag or MS info is. I tried that link that was given but i get pop up after popup saying that the site is unsecure and when i say i understand the risks it goes to another screen saying that it is a red flagged site and i need to fill out a waiver to see it! lol
  4. Tobert New Member

Glad I'm not the only one with the issue. I have not heard back on my support ticket in 24 hours. Maybe they are at a a loss on how to fix the issue.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

got the info they wanted and received the "uninstal and reinstal" remedy.
  6. Ilovecows Active Member

I have been having a similar problem. What I have noticed is that even when I uninstall and reinstall, the problem persists. It only is fixed when I restart my computer. It works again for maybe a day or two, and eventually it randomly crashes while in game and whenever I try to log in after that, the game continues to crash. It doesn't work again until I restart my computer, which is quite a drag.
  7. Shamus9 Active Member

The "Client stopped working" has happened randomly to me as well since I started playing. It does not happen all of the time or even regularly, and mine references a DEP closure. I have run EQ2 on 3 pcs to check this out, & it happens on Vista 64 as well as Win 7 64. As I freshly installed each OS, secured & updated, then loaded a fresh install of EQ2, I am also unsure of what the trigger could be. Ran the DX installer freshly on each as well. The EQ2 Client cannot be run without DEP, but EQ2 (exe) can be. I am trying that now.

My crashes do not greatly effect my play as they only seem to occur as I close the game or after I have been playing steadily for more that 5 hours (Moonlight Enchantment rootbeer-making!:)). Restarting the game or the computer seems to fix it until the next time.
  8. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

How to Create the DXDiag File

1. Press the Windows Key and R on the keyboard.
    2. Type "dxdiag" in the box and press enter.
    3. Click on Save All Information.
    4. Make certain that "dxdiag.txt" is in the File Name: box and that the file will save to your desktop.
    5. Click on Save.
    6. Click on Exit.
    How to Create the MSInfo32 File

1. Press the Windows Key and R on the keyboard.
    2. Type "msinfo32" in the box and press enter.
    3. Click on File.
    4. Click on Save.
    5. Type "msinfo32" in the box.
    6. Click on Export.
    7. Click on File then on exit.
    Please submit in a support ticket and PM Sean or myself your ticket reference number so we can help!