EQ1 has announced their new expansion.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

JChan has announced EQ1's next expansion slated for beta and pre-order on October 21.

This may calm concerns about COVID19 delays or upcoming blackout at Darkpaw Games.

Elskidorr and Jaden like this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Hey I animated that two headed guy!
    Finora, Carynn, Bludd and 6 others like this.
  3. Elskidorr Active Member

That's a sweet cover.
  4. Leed Active Member

Do another round of vinyls with that cover art.
  5. Shadowscale Active Member

... i see they picking on dragons again
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

fine but indeed these servers are quiet and very powerful :rolleyes: ? and passed 24 hour burn test and 88 point QC check during servers build process?
    sorry but i don't like dragon slayer in horned helmet. as if he is posing against background of dragon (he on one side with him or taking selfie). and if he is going to fight him, dragon will break his neck in first seconds of battle :oops:
    what's this? ttobey (with all due my respect, seriously), indeed were not enough of you to draw third head? [IMG] right like this: one head looks forward, in direction of flight, second looks down - at ground (and burns everything in its way. it's fire-breathing dragon, is that correctly?), third - looks back (when dragon runs away from raiders) [IMG]
    Nazy and Breanna like this.
  7. Elskidorr Active Member

Well, it's not the best but I like the art. I miss Firiona Vie making regular appearances on these covers though. The Darkened Sea and several of the old expansions are my favorite covers. CoE might be fav cover for EQ2 because of Firiona too. The enchantress has a way of sparking my interest I guess.

I do like the penetrating giant dragon eye here and the Velious background.
  8. Zen Master formless, shapeless

The quality of work since Tom Tobey joined the team:

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'd love for EQ2 to involve more dragons in new content.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Ummmm I joined the team in 2002.
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Geez we did that entire dragon expansion a few years ago, it was all dragons.
    Breanna, Doobius40504 and Nazy like this.
  12. Nazy Well-Known Member

There... was a dragon expansion?
    Triad likes this.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Missed it, blew through Temple of Veeshan a while back to see what I missed. Wish I'd been playing when that was current, it was really nicely done. ToV was actually my bet (and wish) for the GU this year as I thought it fit the bill, huge zone, loads of bosses etc. What we got is actually pretty good though imo, but I think I'd still have liked a fabled ToV.
  14. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

who do you think dragon carries in its claws, running away from raiders?
    one day it seemed to me that he blinked ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The EQ1 pre-orders have gone Live.

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

The pricing structure has remained the same as last year ($35/$90/$140/$250).

Premium Edition offers the Top Hat Othmir illusion and a Snow Bunny mount. (It may seem strange to EQ2 players but illusions and unique mounts are top dollar on EQ1). I know EQ2 has had the bunny mounts for ages. (I'd like to see bunny slayer helmet brought back on EQ2).

[IMG]
  16. Shadowscale Active Member

never enough dragons, preferably not killing of them.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Screenshot of new Lord Yelinak

[IMG]
    Finora likes this.
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

well i started in dec 99 and even though i no longer play eq1 due to lack of time i am still glad it is going strong :)
    Alyndrys and Benito like this.
  19. Shadowscale Active Member

hopefuly is as friendly as remember and not a target.
    Breanna and Benito like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1's expansion is going Live on December 8.

This is very encouraging news for folks also guessing at the timeline of EQ2 expac launch.
    Alyndrys likes this.