EQ Next - What I DON'T Want to See

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Neiloch, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kendakon Guest

These themepark games pretty much HAVE to be solo friendly up until level cap. Especially with as fast as reaching level cap is now adays. The majority of players are capped shortly (within weeks if not days) after starting the game, with zero incentive to go back to the older areas. This makes it near impossible to have group content requiring late starting players to group with 4-5 other people. They would basically just be standing around with their thumb in their a.... not able to play the game. That is not conducive to keeping your players paying you. In fact I quit EQ1 and went back to UO precisely because of that.
    In EQ2 when I make alts I'm usually lucky to see 1 or 2 other people in zones under level 40. It could be like that all the way til the level 90 zones for all i know, but I usually start a new alt around 40-50, because i have more fun in the lower levels.
    Also, claiming solo content is too easy when using a merc (which by definition is not soloing) is kind of a weak argument. I generally only use mercs to run dungeons when my brother isn't on.
    that said, I wouldn't mind having some overland areas setup as group content in EQ3,and while they are at it make some of the dungeons soloable. Good mix for both playstyles that way.
    but in eq2 I don't really see the point in wasting dev resources on it with all the dungeons we already have for group stuff.
  2. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

Neiloch@Butcherblock wrote:
    This is very true and when u have a toon with no defense agaist this it becomes just logging and watching yourself get controlled . Why the developers thought this would be fun I have no idea but the issue is made far worse when pvping or bg's. I actually pick casting speed adornments for my monk as opposed to anything else so he has the chance to cast his much needed temps, without witch he is not a tank :/
  3. ARCHIVED-Fredcat Guest

No roleplaying flag except for roleplaying servers. Anyone who has played EQ or EQ2 can tell you 99% of the people that use this flag are NOT roleplayers. They are farmers, spawn campers, botters, exploiters, etc that hide their character behind this flag. As soon as I see someone flagged as roleplayer in either EQ or EQ2 I pretty much know they are hiding something and/or up to no good.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Neiloch@Butcherblock wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Fredcat wrote:
    Or they don't want to be bothered by spammers, or other annoying people, like people that are paranoid about people with their rpg flag turned on.