EQ Launcher crashing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by iamvegano, Mar 3, 2020.

1. iamvegano Active Member

I do not know what has happened, maybe there was an EQ update during the day yesterday, but now I cannot load the game.

I updated my drivers, I removed and installed them and still, this is what happens.

I made a 10 second low res clip of the problem. Any advice or help would be great. I will open a support ticket if I do not get resolution here first. (sorry the video embed was not working properly, i even tried putting in fb first as it was one of the options)
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

No update with the game however there is one scheduled in about 4.5 hours (7am pacific)

Someone else had that issue and this helped them:
    Clear the LaunchPad Cache:
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder.
    Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.
    Cyrrena and Whilhelmina like this.
  3. iamvegano Active Member

I really was hoping that would do it.. but, it didn't, thank you for trying

Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There is one article with suggestions HERE
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

I have had to get the game to run on occasion by bypassing the launcher. The game executable is in the main game folder. I just keep a shortcut on my desktop for those times when the launcher is being uncooperative. Usually once I've gotten into the game that way, the launcher gets off its high horse and lets me launch normally again.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. iamvegano Active Member

I tried every single thing and not one of them worked.

This worked. Well, I have not tried the launcher again, but I was literally inches from doing a windows 10 restore when I saw your reply. THANK YOU!!

Thank you everyone for your ideas and help
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. iamvegano Active Member

I just got into the game. I lost all of my hotkeys and my appearance has gone back to default. Did you find a way around that?

Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

I hope you have found a solution by now - I just now saw this. But just in case you haven't:

I didn't have that particular thing happen from using the executable, but I did have something similar happen recently after crashing: When I logged back in I was dumped at the escape point in Antonica (outside the north gate) with all my gear stripped off and the game telling me I had to have the Blood of Luclin expansion - which I most certainly do have - to use that stuff when I tried to re-equip it. I relogged and was back to normal (thank goodness!) - I could re-equip my gear just fine (although I was still in Antonica :rolleyes: ).

If relogging doesn't do it, you can try reloading your settings from Options, or importing settings from another toon if you have one. If you need help with that, let us know. I'll check back here later on today.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

I didn't make it back in yesterday to check, for which I'm sorry, but since nothing new has been posted, I am hoping that no news is good news and you did in fact get your IU settings sorted. Have fun!
  10. iamvegano Active Member

Still no solution. I opened a ticket with daybreak and they asked me to update my directx and the .net framework (both I already had the lastest but followed their link and did as they instructed.. It made no difference. In the same message they said to update the C++ files if this didn't work but my versions are much newer than those they suggested and it would not allow me to update the older ones.

So I am awaiting more info from them. I imagine I may need to next completely uninstall eq and eq2 and then reinstall to see if this solves the issue

11. Marae Well-Known Member

Wow. Seems like an awful lot of bother - but I guess worth it if that's what's needed to get your settings back. I don't imagine the game is very playable without them. :( I wonder what on earth happened to cause such a mess?

Have they gotten back to you yet? If not, here's something you might try while you're waiting:

Do you have another character whose UI you could use? If so, if you type /load_uisettings in chat, that will bring up a window listing your other character(s). You can then choose which character's settings you want to use.

That should properly place your hotbars and other windows. If you need to tweak things, you can use F10 to put your UI in a sort of edit mode, where you can move the windows around easily. You hit F10 a second time and the UI vanishes (which is useful for screenshots); hitting it a third time brings the UI back to normal.

I'm not sure what else got messed up for you, and it may be hard to tell if you can't even see your hotbars and other windows properly. I hope either this works for you, or they get back to you real quick with a helpful answer.
    iamvegano likes this.