Epic CC

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Terron, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Terron New Member

Chanters have CC abilities that theoretically should be able to affect epics, though only for a maximum of 10% of the time for each effect.
    But it seems that many epic nameds are totally immune to such effects, preventing us from using or signature abilities on the most important fights.

Are there any epic nameds in CoE or DOV that are not CC immune?
  2. Plavem Active Member

Dude this has been an issue sense release.

Most of those CC spells are completely useless. Just another thing Sony screwed up.

They should of at least kept the CC job aspect from EQ1...
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I would laugh it they made Charms work 10%... it would reset the encounter XD... though yeah in current day mechanics, a CC'd epic even for .5-1 second loses a lot of damage.
  4. Terron New Member

There have been changes since release, though not for several years.

I though that daze/stun/stifle could stop spics doing a fair amount of damage, but someone in my guild is saying they have no effect at all.

Which is why I am asking if there are any nameds that are affected.
  5. Mohee Active Member

As a coercer, I really wish our CC abilities had more use in raids. Mez, Thought Snap, ect... none of it works epics. I really dislike how any named with memshuffle/memwipes are completely immune to Thought Snap... It's ridiculous...

I remember back in KoS days, the guild I was in, for quite a few bosses, like Tarinax for example, we had to have enchanters mezz the adds (they were heroic ^^^ adds) but they were so deadly, keeping them mezzed made that fight possible.

Now you pretty much only have Shout and Mind Control if you spec for it. 8 Positions (assuming it doesn't resist...) Thats it... And that really doesn't help a lot if the tanks get dropped down to like 20-24 on the hate list when a memshuffle hits. Thought snap and magic note from dirges would at least allow some extra time for tanks to regain control of the mobs without the raids face getting smashed, increasing deathtoll on fights and buffing mobs. All because of an unlucky shuffle... We should be able to use our class defining abilities in raids for mechanics like that, this would allow people who know how to play their class, and time class defining abilities, to counter things mobs do. What is so wrong about that SoE?
  6. Rijacki Member

CC is deemed too powerful when it is applied by player characters. Thus all Named, epic and heroic (and many solo), are completely CC immune. Thus, as well, are most non-named. I've actually been shocked when a stun (one cast for its damage) doesn't get the immune 'thunk' noise.

Back many many moons ago (after GU#13 but I forget when.. around the time KoS launched maybe), CC vs epics was changed to be chanter only, a high resistability, reduced duration if it actually hit, and immunity from additional CC from anyone for a duration double or more of the effect duration to prevent targets from being "locked down". But... even that was deemed too powerful and so most named (and quite a few trash) started showing up that were CC immune. Then all named were. Complaints by chanters were heard and one or two mobs here and there were not immune to all CC. Then other players complained about being "required" to have a chanter for those encounters and the encounters became CC immune.

Same, too, for power draining. Power drains are pointless because even if you find the rare mob that isn't immune to a power drain, the mob's abilities don't use power so the fact they have power (whether or not it can be drained) is pretty pointless.

Then chanters were stripped of most of the damage capabilities (that they only got in GU45) because, on paper, they have all these other abilities (even if most of them are worthless in most encounters).

Basically, chanters can either be massively overpowered, perceptually massively overpowered, overpowered only in the hands of a deft player (but underpowered without player skill), or completely underpowered and nothing more than a battery charger (when it's rare anyone runs out of power on any but a small number of encounters).
  7. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Or, enchanters could be decent DPS alongside awesome buffs. Control abilities are pretty overpowered, honestly, which was one if the reasons enchanters were basically necessary for everything in EQ1. Personally, I think enchanters are in a pretty good spot right now in terms of capability. They provide great buffs that increase the group's DPS significantly, but also have the ability to solo decently and have respectable parses.
  8. Mohee Active Member

Enchanters are not in a good spot. Most of our class defining abilities are 100% useless in raids because everything is immune.