Epic 2.0 question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sudedor, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Sudedor Well-Known Member

So I started the quest knowing that it would take some work . . . but, I'm a little concerned or perhaps confused. I'm working on the part where you are asked to acquire "Sigil of Krakatus". Everything I've seen and read indicate that this should drop either from Xoth in the Heroic Temple of the Ill-Seen, or from Mo'Ithraf in Contested Kalet. My understanding is that Xoth will drop the Sigil directly in his chest, while Mo will drop an Aberrant Cipher as body loot which can then be turned into the Sigil.

I've killed Xoth either four or five times, and Mo either five or six times . . . with no drops at all. Does this seem to hold with what others have seen for drop rates? Nine to eleven kills and no drops seems excessively punitive to me, especially given that it's not a single class that needs it, but an entire Archtype. I can only imagine the frustration if there were a couple Mages in a group working for this, it was pretty frustrating for me solo.
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

Yep, drop rate is low. FWIW I got my update after 9 Mo'lthraf's kills.
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

It definitely was not a group update and each mage had to get their own.. making grouping at this step tedious as you had to make sure the person you had with you wasn't on this step. But the drop rate sounds about right.. I spent like 3 or 4 days on one of the mages I ran though the epic running Ill Seen cuz my RNG is crap
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you talk to the ratonga in the contested instance before you started hunting the names?
  5. kurghan Active Member

Sorry to hijack I am on a couple of steps before I went to get cube it disappeared and told me to go back to tumpty but I went to when is harbour hideout instead by mistake it updated by telling me to got find vastly one eye but named is not in contested Kramer as should be . Any advice please.
  6. kurghan Active Member

Contested Kralet penumbra
  7. Sudedor Well-Known Member

The name of the mob changes from Vasty to Vasith. When you enter Kralet contested, go straight ahead and Vasith is right there, literally 100 feet from the entrance.
  8. kurghan Active Member

Been there and done that no named at designated area
  9. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Does your quest say:

1. Seek the ratonga thief known as Vasty One Eye.

** OR **

2. Seek the ratonga thief known as Vasty One Eye, far underground.
  10. kurghan Active Member

the first one
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Need to go talk to the Fence first.. if Evil, go to Qeynos Harbor, tunnel is under the bridge you first cross when in harbor. If Good, go to East Freeport out on the little island in the Harbor
  12. kurghan Active Member

Ok ty will try that, are you sure it's Freeport for good toon?
  13. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Yes.. it's in the opposite city of your alignment
  14. kurghan Active Member

Ty that worked found named.