Epic 2.0 (Mage): Still more Osh-related difficulties

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Allumette, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Allumette Member

After making it through what I assume (possibly incorrectly) to be the entire tragic Othmir saga, from the starters in Fina's Retreat through the death of Nipak, onto the Cobalt Scar line -- zombie otters and internecine clan politics! So fun! -- I appear to be stuck at "find a healer" stage of Curse of the Magic Thief:

When I return to Fina's Retreat -- after obtaining the sigil AND checking back in with Vasty in KP, to be clear -- Osh is back in his hut, but seems to have reverted to his pre-CS state, as he's going on excitedly about how he's looking forward to his trip there, and we all know how THAT turned out, what with the death and the recriminations. I even did the one-off quest to set up the spiritstone between Nipak's Haven and Fina's Retreat, and successfully received the Message to Osh closer, but Osh himself remains blissfully unaware of the future that I just watched him endure.

Can anyone diagnose the problem? Is this a bug, or did I inadvertently skip a key quest? Is the entire Eastern Wastes line required, or just the Osh messaging?

If it helps, here's a direct link to my quest journal.

Any and all assistance would be most appreciated, even if it means that I've still got otter-related business to wrap up before I can procure a cure for Vasty and close the book on the first chapter of Epic 2.0.
  2. Sennen Well-Known Member

3. Allumette Member

THANK YOU! That did the trick! For some reason, I figured that I only had to finish High Tide, since Salty Breeze really just segues into the next quest line, which is mercifully *not* required. As far as we know, at least.