Epic 2.0 - Awakening Bonds: Forks in the Road problem

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lateana, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

At level 110, 41 mil Health, 71k Potency, and 620 resolve I should be able to at least damage the three critters spawned when cleansing the chisel. As it is, even after casting all my wards on myself and sending Boohgar in to hold the critters, I am not able to do any damage, even using Ascension spells. I die shortly after my Mercenary dies.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this fight? All my other characters are able to solo Epic 2.0. I can't even get past this one encounter with my Mystic.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

When it first came out, it required a full group and usually 2 healers.. that was only 10 lvls ago. It was a really brutal fight.
    Grab a friend or two... tank and dps would probably be best.. and you should be fine. It's not solo content and the healer mercs are fairly useless in group content, in my experience.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thank you, but it is MUCH harder now than it was when it came out. I did this on level with another Mystic way back when and it has changed for the worst since then. I just finished a Coercer and only needed help on the next to last dungeon and that only needed one other player.

If I am not doing anything wrong then this fight is definitely broken.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not worse.... orginally the mobs would port you all over the place in addition to the mem-wipes and high incoming damage. It is actually far easier now then when we discovered it.
    Nelie likes this.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

At the very least its not fair since other archetypes can virtually solo their epics at 110.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

These mobs are still very under-conned. Yeah, if you fought these pre-nerf, you'd know how much easier it is now. All 3 of these mobs have a 500% increase to incoming damage ( 500% x 3 = 1500%). This is very very rough on non-shaman healers. Once your group kills 1 of the 3 mobs, it gets easier to heal but the damage spikes are still rough.

Although it might not be fair other classes can solo their epics, it is still nice having some challenge left for epics. I would rather have the hardest mob for epic 2 any day over RNG updates.
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I don't want to be the ONLY class that is way too hard. Once upon a time, the devs lowered the difficulty of these mobs, then they reverted to a MUCH worse situation to compensate for the complaints by those envious of the lowered difficulty. I have worked with critters at each level of difficulty and I am appalled at the current situation. If you want a harder fight, then take off your gear. It is stupid for this fight, the first in the series no less, to be this hard.
  8. Nelie Well-Known Member

TBH, it really isn't that hard now-a-days to ask for help in chat or gather up a few friends and each fight takes less than 2 min each. This mob may be hard to solo still but it isn't intended to be solo'd. This mob is sooooo easy with my suggested recommendation above. Sorry that it is the only choice for the best weapon currently.

Just be lucky that you didn't have to do it the way I did. I had to have a full x2 raid because 25k-30k potency worth of heals would get flat out stompped, especially without shaman heals. Oh, not to mention people UNDER resolve checks by 50-75. You add that to some porting EVERY 3-4 SECONDS + stuns/stifles + memwipes + having to run back together before getting ported again and having 0 time to cast a heal unless you were super lucky then this chain repeats and you hope and pray you group stays alive because you are helpess while 1500% incoming damage spikes the group each tick.....

but nah, they should make this soloable because you say so because this mob is "hard" now.....
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

You're not doing something wrong. The fights not broken just because a mystic (or any healer) can't solo it. Granted, the other archetype epic 2 quests are largely solo-able when you grossly out-gear the encounter (mage / fighter / scout) - but those classes generally have a bit more dps output than healers.

You will also find out that there are some other zones coming up where you will need some help (via a pre-cleared zone) or a lot of time on your hands to muddle through the zone. I'm sure you'll be equally excited to run Fabled Nizara solo.... and Ssra Temple.. Stronghold.. etc.
  10. Rebelde Active Member

My piece of advice (what I did after 5 or 6 wipes) ask for some help in general channel. A kind warlock helped me to kill both encounters, the one in GD and the three nameds in Moors. Always can find friendly people that want to help :)
    Mermut likes this.
  11. quisling Well-Known Member

You are kinda kidding with the "everybody but me can solo this", right?