Ephemeral Gusts in Eryslai:The Midnight Aerie

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Katzandra, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I was so hoping that the developers would hear our pleas and increase the drop rate of the ephemeral gusts for Elements of Destruction: Gusts of Order before the expansion went live, but alas 17/19 ephemeral gusts after clearing the zone and hunting for roamers and strays after we finished.

Aside from the drop rate feeling like it is lower than the other zones for Elements of Destruction, there is a ring event which has flagged npcs coming en masse that I have yet to see drop a single ephemeral gust. Perhaps they could be added to the loot table for the spiders and the wispy flame npcs in the zone as well. Or just raise the drop rate?!

It really would be nice to get enough of these on one run and not have to wait to reset the zone and run it again!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

During Beta, we were told that there was a higher drop rate if you ran the heroic version of the zone with a group, but if you were going to run it solo, then expect to do it more than once, and they were adamant that they were not going to change that. This applies for all four zones in this part of the sig line.

Some people have started just killing trash, zoning out, reset, going back in until they have the updates, THEN running the full zone.

The worst I did was in Beta, where I had to run Eryslai three times to get the updates.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I made a point of running this zone first, then doing the other three- because I knew I'd have to come back.
    Since the lockout is only 1.5 hours this isn't so bad really. As mentioned you can just kill trash on the first run, though I went ahead and ran the full zone twice, since at least that way I'm also getting shinies.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Luzionist Active Member

Some of the other zones also have more mobs that can drop these updates, I had to run it 2 times to get all the updates so ya not aweful but still can be a pain if RNG is not in your favor
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The irony of this being that you can't get the resolve to run the heroic zone without gear from many solo runs...
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Exactly.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think my worst one was the Earth one, did that 4 times.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

all the trash around the sides of the pyramid can drop the bits. If you don't take the snails until you get your updates you should get enough in 1 run.
    Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Air is the only zone that I don't get more than enough from the solo zone........ Another decision has been made that is not friendly for players that like to run alts.

We did the air zone at bed time so when we didn't get enough we figured we could just reset it in the morning.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I feel your pain and so do many of my guildies. Two hours in a zone searching for just one more item is ludricous. Increase the drop rate or reduce the number, but the idea "you many have to run this instance several times" to get the required number of items is a giant PITA. We shouldn't have to run an instance numerous times for something like this. So far, I've been really enjoying exploring the new xpac and the comments from other guildies has been positive except for this particular annoying gaming decision. That's like telling your workforce, hey, we'll pay you double OT, but your have to work 4 times your normal shift to get it. Yuppers, that's an incentive, haha.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Darsa New Member

HOW do you get the zone to reset, though? It doesn't seem to want to do it automatically... =/
  12. Twyla Well-Known Member

To reset an instance, go to dungeon finder. I forget which tab you want there are 3, find the one with the zones and click reset.