EOF PVP Patch Wishlist

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Daarkstar, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Daarkstar Active Member

The following feedback and pvp wish list fixes are based on weeks of pvping in the EOF expansion and hundreds of kills. Overall, damage is still very high and most fights are incredibly fast-paced. Current meta is usually based around how many swashbucklers, templars, warlocks and paladins you can bring to a fight. Small adjustments would mean more viability for other classes in pvp.

Below are only the most important change requests as I know development time for this server is very limited.
    Class Balance:

Swashbuckler:

• Reduce damage of evade blame by around 20%
    This has been doing up to 1.5K damage in pvp per proc (700+ dps ish in group fights) which is more than most class abilities. When combined with luck buffs (warlock propagation, dirge luck, mystic ancestry etc) the proc rate and damage is very difficult to heal through. Swashbucklers would still be T1 group dps and #1 scout without this ability, slightly toning it down would be only good for the server.

Bruiser/monk:

• Reduce damage of devastation fist by at least 50%
    Hits for damage cap every time on a class with arguably the most damage in pvp. Brawlers are solo gods and do as much as warlocks in group fights.
    • Reduce proc chance of Marr’s Fist (Claymore) in pvp combat
    This triggers far too often and melee has absolutely no chance against this.
    Paladín:

• Reduce stamina value on the Blessing of the Paladin buff.
    [IMG]
    Currently gives several hundred stamina (guess this is a bug?) meaning Paladins have near double the health of other tanks without needing to build max HP gear. Already one of the best pvp tanks they are now very difficult to burn as they have too much health.
    Templar:

• Remove the ability to cast heals while running.
    Not sure why this is a thing but taking the best healer by far and allowing them to also cast while moving just makes them completely broken in pvp combat. Not only are they near impossible to CC they can also kite and more than double the heal parse of the next best healer class.
    Inquisitor:

• Greatly increase the healing from Punishment in pvp combat
    • Greatly increase the healing from Dogma in pvp combat
    • Keep the ability to cast while running
    Unfortunately, Inquisitors are still a complete waste of a spot in group pvp, Paladins are more effective at healing. An average inquisitor struggles to heal 1k HPS where an average templar can do 4x this. They really need something to be viable at all.
    Mitigation changes:

• Shadowknight: increase pvp mitigation (+20%)
    • Fury: increase pvp mitigation (+10%)
    • Inquisitor: increase pvp mitigation (+20%)
    • Bruiser: slightly decrease pvp mitigation (-10%)
    • Monk: slightly decrease pvp mitigation (-10%)
    • Berserker: slightly increase pvp mitigation (+10%)
    • Paladin: slightly increase pvp mitigation (+10%)
    PVP Rewards

The KOS reward system was decent and incentivised pvp for a while, a similar system needs to be brought to EOF to encourage pvp – especially after Frostfell closes.

Add writ givers in:
    • Loping Plains, Somborn (or just give all three quests here)
    • Mistmoore Catacombs
    • Mistmoore Castle

Use the same daily writ system as KOS:
    • 5 named per zone
    • 10 pvp kills (can be updated from any of the 3 zones for each of the quests)
    • All 3 quests can be held at the same time (and get a kill update at the same time)

Create a special day or two each week where rewards are doubled. These will become official ‘pvp days’ for most guilds and for many of us that can’t play many hours each day will have a window where we know we can find some fights. Most of us have alts and it would be a great opportunity to run around in alt groups to get more gear.

Use a new set of tokens, but also issue the same rewards from KOS so those who still want those pieces can still get them (many are still BIS). In addition, create a few new pieces for those players that already have the KOS items or weren’t interested in them. Ideally, new items should be survivability focused and not damage/cc break focused.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. krokous Member

Cant aggree with you at all (except devatation fist: it needs to be nerfed to below zero)... What is needed is completely remove damage proc from avoid blame. It makes swash crazy OP infair to everyone. Make close mind not absorb everything. Make Marrs fist to proc on some percentage of blocks, not on every block. MAKE FEIGN DEATH ON 1 MINUTE REUSE!!! Increase PvP migitation on all classes depending on armor level... So all clothies for example 50%. Al lleather 65%, all chain 75% all plate 100%.
  3. lewt New Member

I haven't found much pvp on the server, may be the low population. I loved ROK and other expacs because you could lock at every tier and max your aa's out and also do pvp writs and max your gear out at each tier or maybe even buy a tier in advance so when you unlocked you weren't rolling weak until you got your gear for that tier. This meant I was one of the last players to get a level 80 adventurer and I did a lot of quests that would have out leveled otherwise. I still have toons on Skyfire that have been locked since Nagafen that I use to farm or run my favorite zones. This means I have a Shadow Knight at 2 or 3 tiers and multiple low tier healers. I was never in a big hurry to get to top level and didn't care much for a lot of the storyline but throw some pvp in to make quest updates challenging and win lose or draw a good fight will always give more entertainment than killing a mob faster than another player, or out parsing the rest of your raid. I have been here 12 years off and on, and I have a couple old raid toons, but I had more fun in pvp raids in KP, or even questing and getting into some good battles with another faction. Full time pvpers may move to a sandbox more aligned with the old battlegrounds format. I don't like first person shooters because your dead before you know where you were being shot from. I enjoyed EQ2 because after you got hit you had time to recover, stone skin, heal up, and then have a decently fair fight with someone. For those like me we can enjoy taking years to get to the top tiers and take the time to make Master Crafters that are top tier to make our spells or combat arts and gear in advance of our levels, and I think these changes would also bring a large population back that got bored with all the new content and story lines and all the other stuff on the live servers that make it so you have to have spells to combine spells to get through them all or have a whole screen of hotkeys that you're never going to use on a mob and if you do the fight was more like work than entertainment. Live just got too complicated. I don't want to play a game that needs an instruction manual for all the variables. I want to play one that has an obtainable top tier and best gear so I can feel a sense of accomplishment, and also have the options to solo or group and help others with either pvp or getting their characters where they want them. That is what made this game popular before SOE started making changes that literally drove the population away.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Lewt: Locking at L14, getting all b-i-s then griefing new L10s over and over emptied out the server along with the plat duper rollback. You can level to 70 really fast on Tarinax. Then you can pick on players your own size.

OP: I don't play Clerics but no one else did either (probably not even on live), which is why they're now buffed. Cast on the run should not only stay on Clerics, Darkpaw should extend it to both Shaman as well. Scouts cast on the run, have tracking, stealth, and the highest damage in the game. Quit crybabying that still-underpowered, low-damage, non-stealth, non-tracking classes are finally getting something.

Even tanks are practically all 5m melee range, without stealth, tracking or decent damage. They deserve whatever little they get: everybody kills them from afar before they can even get a swing in, and with mitigation so whacked they bring almost nothing to a team (scout chain mit is only 2% less, heck, even clothies have only 10% less mit than plate, ugh).

Stop whining. Scouts are still OP as heck.
  5. Daarkstar Active Member

Sigh. Posting on these forums is so frustrating with replies like these. "I don't play clerics" yeah that would make sense as you seem to have missed the point where they can outheal every other healer by double. Extending it to shamans would be dumb as shamans are very viable, druids are actually the lowest tier pvp healers right now. Please get some actual pvp experience before you make comments like this....
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I would like Fury to cast some heals on the run and the one aa for despell where reuse/recast was just set to ZERO un-nurfed.

I would like darkpaw/game owners to send a email to every account that EVER played on ANY eq eq2 PVP server ONLY over the past many years a invite to join in on Taranix pvp.

Give them (ONLY past pvp players) a totally free month on Taranix and one character bauble set to 50?& basic gears.
    I think this is a good way to bring in experienced pvp players and hopefully some will stay!

I edit to add.. I'm probably missing something but I love the ability of clerics to cast heal on the run. I'm not sure why op asks for it to be removed from Templars? Yes they heal a lot but they do use tons of mana and after a while they're out of power.......
    Daarkstar likes this.
  7. Daarkstar Active Member

This is a really good idea, a bauble for returning players to get them to 70 with some basic gear.

And templars have infinite mana with the right gear or a chanter in group so yeah, it doesn't make sense that they can heal for so much more.