EoF AA Suggestions for GU37 or later

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-lost, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

[p]I also think the health regen didnt make it :([/p][p]Why not take sta line last skill & then pick up mit buff for longer duration ... over health regen.[/p][p] [/p][p]Lamp - Najena[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-zormik Guest

[p]No offense but that regenline is utter crap. Epic Mobs are hitting us tanks for several 1000 hp's a hit (hell even normal heroics can hit you for several 1000 hp's. You really think 9 hp/sec will make a difference?[/p][p]And even if you solo it won't buy you that much at endgame, yes it might help a little bit for soloing at lower lvls but tbh it's the endgame that matters, there is nothing in the first 6 tiers that is hard enough for you to need 100 aa's or a fabled out toon. And those aa's are mostly designed for helping us out at the endgame and not for killling orcs zek or fairies in el...[/p][p]And tbh, the excuse you use of fabled out zerks is pretty lame, i just means we have some experience in the endgame that's all...[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Lamp thinks it's useless too... 13 T7 Fables Charmeur also thinks it's useless but his Zerk isn't named but what's he talk about? Epics!! How can I make it any clearer that the regen line is best suited for the non-raiding crowd. My regen line is noticeably useful when I'm soloing in T7, in small groups in T7 and in full instance groups in T7. You only have a lot of experience where it doesn't matter in this case. Just because you can sit on your raiding throne and see the entire game doesn't mean you know what it's like as a player looking back at the throne. I didn't have the raid gear, I don't have all my abilities at Master, not even all at least Adept 3. I don't know what it's like to go all the way through Emerald Halls, I've never even been in Deathtoll... I sound like some inexperienced schmuck that doesn't know what he's talking about, right? Well all that the time you spent learning that stuff that I didn't, I spent soloing and in groups. So as much as you want to claim mastery over the tree of EQ2 knowledge, you don't even know a significant portion of the game nearly as well as most of it's player base. Every bit of raiding knowledge that you can claim over me, I can equally claim soloing and group knowledge over you. It's not the same. You aren't any smarter than the rest of us, you just have a different set of specialized knowledge. I am not a raider. Believe it or not, it's by choice. I use to raid, I was in a guild competing for the worldwide first of unlocking the frogloks. We almost made it too. Raiding is not fun for me so I chose not to pursue it. I raid every now and then, but typically only when friends are in need of extra players or if it's a quick pick up raid so I have the chance to meet all sorts of new people. That makes me less experienced in the game? Does anyone really argue that the coach of a team is less knowledgeable than the quarterback?
  4. ARCHIVED-kenman Guest

Just out of curiosity, what do you claim that you know more about soloing/grouping than the rest of us? I know I'm fairly confident I can solo things loads harder than what you can, because raiding only consumes 2-3 hours a day while the rest of the time I was off soloing crap like the PoA dragons for the heck of it. Both soloing and grouping are incredibly unchallenging, so I'm a tad curious how you can claim knowledge over me about it. You hit the buttons and the mob's hp reaches 0, yay.
  5. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Kaberu you make it sound like we all just logged in one morning and had full fabled gear and knowledge of raiding and ONLY raiding. All of us to one extent or another have spent time soloing and grouping. You don't start raiding at level one. Unless you bought your character on Ebay you spent at least 69 levels doing solo/group play. The fact that NOW we are fully fabled doesn't change the fact that we didn't get there overnight. All of us spent time running around in treasured and mastercrafted gear. I can still remember right after launch running around in the crappy armor you buy from NPC merchants because there weren't any crafters yet and quests with armor rewards were few and far between! To claim that you know more about solo/group just because you're not a raider is ridiculous. I spend at least as much time soloing and grouping as I do raiding, if not more. My guild only raids three, sometimes four nights a week, the rest of the time I'm either running group instances or solo farming or levelling an alt. Your argument is asinine and ridiculous. Now that said, I agree that when I solo I do notice my health regening faster to an extent, but unless you're running apprentice IV Combative Rage and Blood Craze then you're probably pretty close to the cap for regen. Even if you're not you're better off putting your AA points into something that will make the mob die faster like the bulking or cyclones lines. In the end you're the one paying your monthly fee, not me or anyone else here and if you want to spec your character for regen go right ahead, hell you can dual wield feather dusters for all I care.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

"Both soloing and grouping are incredibly unchallenging" It's not unchallenging for the people without teh uber gear! :-D "To claim that you know more about solo/group just because you're not a raider is ridiculous." I didn't mean to make my claim relate directly to knowledge, but to experience (and knowledge only in that it can be gained from experience). When you don't raid, you spend more time seeking challenges within the realm of solo and group play... I know, sounds obvious. Group battles can be far more exciting than raids but it also requires more versitility from each player. For example, a necro that enhances his healing via AAs can be a godsend to a group in many cases. It's not so in a raid. There are also plenty of rewards obtained through grouping that just don't matter to someone with raid gear. Raids may not take a lot of time overall, but they do take a lot of focus from your character development. "All of us spent time running around in treasured and mastercrafted gear." But you don't anymore. I'm not saying you lost the knowledge, but I have no doubt you've grown accustomed to your new capabilities and as a result, have "grown soft" in some areas. I'm sure it's a lot like riding a bike, if you just throw yourself into some crappy gear and go out hunting, it'll take you a few tries to get back in the groove to match people that have been in that same crappy gear their entire time. Please remember, when you face down some mob in a regular group or when solo, it is a far different experience than someone who has no raid gear. You've earned that gear, I fully understand that. But when you talk about grouping and soloing, it is from a greatly different standpoint of someone who has only ever grouped or soloed. We're both looking at the same window, but we're on different sides of the wall :-?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

[p]Here ya go Kaberu:[/p][p]Zeuhl- 1 T7 fabled item[/p][p]what he thinks: regen line=crap[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Just let the thread die, he obviously cant do math and its not even worth talking about anymore.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

If you really want to break down the math, just about all of the AAs are relatively inconsequential Take the Slaughter enhancement for example. 5 Points into it adds 25% to damage. Going off my current base of 270 to 812 damage, the 25% increase would only boost my average output by 25 DPS and ONLY IF I am hitting 5 mobs each and every 30 seconds with it. If you average it's use to 3 mobs per strike, it's only a 15 point increase to my DPS and ONLY if I use it each and every 30 second recycle. By all means, average all the other abilities on their own accord if you want, but don't throw the math excuse at me if you refuse to assess the whole picture.
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

bwahah where the hell are you getting these numbers from? Just incase you didnt realise killing something faster>regen because you take ZERO hits if something is dead. Also just so you know adding 25 DPS is very substantial, most procs add 15-30 DPS for us.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Except that the 25 DPS increase only applies when there are 5 mobs up and the CA is spammed and each and every time it is used, there are always five mobs up. The actual gain is 5 DPS per mob up to the limit of the amount it hits. Even going with the 25 DPS increase, which is around 27% using an average hit (but as the AA shows, it's really just a flat 25% increase). The Regen AAs add 50% to each regen and about 39% overall to the combined regen buffs. That benefit fully applies whenever you have less than about 97%-ish health for up to a few seconds. Considering how regen ticks and mob hits aren't set in stone in regards to timing, I could tick the immediate second after the hit or just as easily, several seconds after. As an interesting side, who tends to have less health during normal grinding/hunting... soloers and small groupers! Math is is fun, I love it, but it's only as useful (as a tool) as the person using it. Why not compare regen ticks to Mob CAs? Mob A has a CA that hits for 2000 points of damage every 30 seconds. If I get 5 ticks off before the second hit, I've just reduced the CA's effectiveness by just over 52% with my AA enhanced regens. Someone without those AAs reduced that CA by just over 36%. That's nearly a 44% gain in effectiveness. See, math is very fun! :roll: As to where I got my numbers from: The range I listed gave an average hit of 541 per 30 second recycle... about 18 per second. With the 25% boost from the AA, it's about 676 per 30 second cycle... around 23 per second. Going from 18 to 23 is about a 27%... well, closer to 28% increase. It's obvious you use math as an excuse. It's not like it's very difficult to figure out when I listed all the base values but you couldn't or wouldn't figure it out for whatever reason. You find a way to look at it in a way you like and stick with it. Most of us do that with one thing or another... I know I've done it. The problem I've had is that increasing my DPS often sacrifices enough of my survivability to the point where my overall capabilities are reduced. But hey! If I had some nifty gear to make up for the lessened defensive AA spending, I'd be all set! It's easy to tell me that I can get extra regens from a Fury or that healers can keep me capped... but I can easily counter by telling you that you can get plenty of DPS increases from various other classes (Coercers, Dirges, Inquisitors, etc...). You just choose to make regen less valuable because you see the game from a different perspective... one that most raiders usually see from. Unfortunately, these Berserker Boards are frequented by raiders in far greater proportions than what servers normally hold.
  12. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

[p]LOL, HOW did this thread go from "Improvments in RoK" to "Raiders Vs. Non-Raiders"? DUNN TAAA DUUNNN!!![/p][p]OK OK .. Solo/Group guy wants the Regen line, He77, Go 4 Eeet Dood!! Your AP and your 15 dallah.[/p][p]Just be more tactful with ur responses guy, i mean honestly, i HAVE done everything groupwise as you prolly.. Can u say the same Vs the Raiders?[/p][p]I would Just be happy with Bulking Tree to add +Melee Skills somewhere. like +3 to C/S/P per rank. I'd even take +2 :hunf:.[/p][p]i mean the buclking tree and cyclone tree are both pretty decent for what they do. Id Swap the +range on Cyclone for another +10% Damage or Haste tho. OR anything else on my previous list :mrgreen:[/p][p]and WTH ~ Ahdam - 14 pieces of T7 Fabled ..... You must have caught me with some of my goofy stuff on!! i got a full set!! i swear!! LOL /shakes fist at Skel 18!!!one1!! peices!! grrrrr[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Speaking of range, I'd love to have some AAs that reduce Insolent Gibe! That ability is a menace I tell ya! I think the server spawns new mobs whenever a Berserker clicks it just so he can aggro it with that ability. Better yet, why not just rename it to Insta-Disco Party! It fits a lot better! Of course, I'd be a bit afraid if I clicked it and a ton of John Travoltas came charging at me. How freaky would it be having the combat music change to the Bee Gees all of a sudden? The plus to c/s/p would be nice and I don't see why they can't add extra effects onto abilities instead of just enhancing bonuses or reducing penalties). Maybe tack it on the self and group berserks instead of (or with) the bonus trigger chances?
  14. ARCHIVED-NatSTER Guest

It would be nice to have Gibe reduced to 10M. As it is right now, you cannot use it in 95% of the places. No wonder why there's so much hate on Guardians and their Reinforcement.
  15. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

THIS exact reason is why i say you cant do math. Your enchanced regen is only adding 56 a tick. 56*5=280 280 is about 25%, not 52%. Im also done with this, if you want to be noob and take your regen thats fine, but you have some of the top zerkers WW telling you how crappy it is. True we may have better gear but that just means that we solo higher content where the regen would make an even bigger difference because the mobs do more DPS. But guess what... i can turn my regen off and i dont notice a difference.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

If you can turn off your regens and it doesn't affect you then it should follow that the ability as a whole is useless. Why not stop complaining about the AAs and try to get them to change the base ability instead? Also, I clearly said that the 2000 point CA from the mob is reduced in effectiveness by 52%. The gain from 36% (without AAs) to 52% (with AAs) is a 44% increase from 36%. It is improvement you should be analyzing isn't it? You use math as a weapon yet you do not know how to wield it. Whatever works for you, I guess. "...you have some of the top zerkers WW telling you how crappy it is." That's what I've been saying all along... it's top zerkers that don't need it... the line is better off for the other 90% of the Berserker population.
  17. ARCHIVED-zormik Guest

[p]I don't say this often but Kaberu, thx for ruining a usefull topic.[/p][p]I'll tell you something else, i raid with my coercer nowadays so i only solo or group with my zerk anymore. The area's where you really need every edge is not in the solo/group compartment (except nizara / mmc ) but in the raiding compartment. Why? Because most players who play this game a lot eventually end up pushing their limits trough raiding, wether it's hardcore or casual, a lot of players that play this game a lot will end up with raiding since there is nothing else challenging to do after a time.[/p][p]If you don't bother about getting ad3 or masters then don't come here and try to save an aa line that is completely useless for everybody that bothers a little bit about improving his toon as much as he can. For those people that regenline is utter crap. AA's are min/maxing for those who enjoy doing it and enjoy making their toon as powerfull as they can.[/p][p]Oh and you wanna know my zerker's name? It's Zormik if you really wanna know.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Soloing/grouping generally requires more versatility as it's harder to know what you'll need more of in any instance (maybe you only have an inquisitor healing this time and last time you had a Warden and a Templar but next time, you'll only have a Necromancer, etc...). Hard group zones and raids generally requires archetype focus (tanks need to super-tank and DPS needs major DPS, Healers need to over-heal, etc...). "AA's are min/maxing for those who enjoy doing it and enjoy making their toon as powerfull as they can." No, it's not. It can be, but that's not what they are for. The Regen line is an AA line that one grows out of as they begin to favor Min/Maxing. It doesn't make it any less useful as an AA line. What happens when you make a game for the harder core of players? I dunno, ask Vanguard. What happens when a game is easy and accessible to new players? Ask WoW. I'm comfortable in the middle personally. I'd rather ruin this thread than potentially the game for new and lower tier players. How about this for a focus? With the EoF AAs, they make lines that clearly benefit specific situations (Solo, Grouped, PvP, and Raiding). Other lines are still useful, but to a lesser degree or more subtly than the bonuses your favored line gives you. Sounds like a good compromise to me... That way everyone can focus on the lines that they favor most. For instance, Gut Roar, as it is, would be best suited for the PvP tier. In the solo tier, it would be change to a passive buff that allows a % chance to avoid a non-epic mob CA or spell. In the Group tier, it would give your group a % chance to non-fighters to avoid non-epic CA's or Spells. If it was in the Raid tier, it might be changed to allow a % chance to avoid a CA or Spell from an Epic mob. I'm not saying we should have four different Gut Roars, but it shows how it can be adjusted to each case depending on where it wound up. I understand there are AA's you like already, but if you had a line that was intentionally focused on being a better raider, wouldn't that be better overall?
  19. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

[p]Hey guys... since more AA changes are coming and I've not spent but 8 points in STA (of my 30 something AA points on this toon) any suggestions for single group PvM specs?[/p][p]I play a lot of toons and recently dusted off my 'ol 'zerker. This was my first EQ2 character at launch and it has survived rerolling out of nostalgia, not fun factor... but I've been having a little fun with him lately... and figured it was about time to troll for the "right" AAs. [/p][p]Here's where I'm going with this, most classes AA recommendation threads are so borked up at this point because of the SoE "attention" to AAs in the last few LUs that I can't make heads or tails of what's recommended for most my alts anymore. On the EoF trees, I basically just toss points in whatever I use the most on my hotbar... but I'd really like to focus on my 'zerker again so it's time to figure out his optimal AA spec post update 37.[/p][p]What's your PvM group build going to be after the next update and where will you start out putting AAs if you reset?[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

I only saw two changes so far: [ul][li]Enhance: Screaming Rage: Reduced bonus from 6% to 5% per rank.[/li][li]Berserk: Increased bonuses when this Berserk is in effect.[/li][/ul]If there are more, I haven't seen the post. Just those changes alone don't really affect any previous advice on EoF AAs. Those posts should still be good! Even with the changes to the Warrior tree, the advice on those are still fairly accurate as the hierarchy of preference is pretty much the same. It sounds like you are on the right track, enhance what you use the most and then when needed, respec to take advantage of addition benefits (like finals) when you have the points built up to a nice spending pool.