EoF AA Suggestions for GU37 or later

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-lost, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-lost Guest

With GU37 revamping many of the AAs for certain classes, I think as a community we should come up with a reasonable list of changes for our AAs that would allow more variety in our eof trees. Perseverence: Please remove the improved regens from this line, as the base buffs come close to the in-combat regen cap by themselves. Move the enhanced hunker (wall of ferocity) and weapon shield (weapon aegis) into this line instead to make it a survivability tree. The end ability needs to be modified as well, but to something that isn't regen related. Cyclones: This line is already useful, no changes suggested. Debilitation: Another decent line, no major changes if any. Bulking: Change Berserk to be a permanent buff that adds 10% crit chance while berserk. It would be missing 2 abilities from the perseverence revamp, which could possibly be used to improve the damage of frenzied blows (5%/rank) and increase the strength given by our group buff. ---------- Basically, please remove the in combat health regen bonuses from our AAs (also on our eof set legs), and give us something useful instead
  2. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

[p]* reduce the recast of Destruction and Open Wounds to one minute at rank 5[/p][p]* give us a melee weapon skill buff (+25 at rank 5)[/p][p]* remove the stupid, sensless and dangerous range increase of open AEs[/p][p]* turn the end skill "additional hp regen while under 50% hp" into sth usefull or untie its increased taunting from the 50% hp condition[/p][p]* add something to our stability/survivability (turn the hp regen joke line into sth usefull that makes sense not only while soloing or in a group of two but also in full groups or on raids)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Revamp the whole tree.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

[p]I'm all for the skill increase but don't see that happening. It would give us a nice advantage over guards in defensive mode. [/p][p]Destruction and open wounds need a real timer reduction. At least down to 2 min each. [/p][p]The debilitate line is useless for raids and not much better grouping.[/p][p]The AE line is fine except for Gibe, that's a raid wiper if there ever was one.[/p][p]Berserk they are increasing but it's too little by itself. 10 sec duration? 1:10 recast? [/p][p]Health regen is a stupid idea. Guards get nice things like reductions in reenforcements and stuff. We should get a real ability to deal damage and survive as a raid tank. I'm really annoyed by guards always having 1k more hp than me, more double attack chance, better agro control and more avoidance when all I get is about 200 more strength and a 2:30 recast openwounds/destruction.[/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

[p]-Enhance the casting speed of AE CA.[/p][p]-Remove all enhance of regen health AA or add something more usefull on them [/p][p]-Remove the end Perseverence or make work like a Heal over Time[/p][p]-Add a Charge AA, able us to be immune to all crowd control ( charm, mezz, root, snare,... ) for 10s or so recast 5-10min[/p][p]-Make Bulking stack with Berserk or make it more better than our Berserk buff proc and last for more time[/p][p]-Gut Roar make it more usefull in raid, only 12% harder to resist and not working on most of CA/spells of epic mobs[/p][p]And more perhaps... or just make a completly new zerk AA tree.[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Reporting this post to a moderator... would it increase the chance that any responsible person takes notice of these desires?
  7. ARCHIVED-Ai yo Guest

Make Destruction & OW abt a 1.5-2min recast...so it not over powered.
    give us something def in berserker tree pls....... (I dont want a guardian telling me his tougher anymore :p)
  8. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

I do a lot of solo and small group play and I must say, I love the regen line and the regen final. I understand if it's not useful to full group instance runners and raiders, but soloers and small-groupers need the love too. Even with the AAs maxed for the regens, I'm not quite at the cap when self buffed so I'm guessing alot of you are being a bit liberal when you say, "close to the cap" without AAs.
  9. ARCHIVED-kenman Guest

Improve destruction and open wounds recast reductions from 25 seconds to 1 minute. Make the AAs for improving health regen instead change them into permanent health buffs. Add in a reduction on rescue like Guardians get. Add in a 9% double attack AA like Guardian's will be. Some defensive AAs would be nice too I guess, Berserkers are supposed to be tanks... Actually hell, just take the Guardian tree and give us the identical skill set as Guardians so I don't have to bother leveling my Guardian up anymore. And to the person saying regen line is good for soloing, no... just no. I can solo Den and Nest easily without those crappy AAs, and there's no mob in the game I can't solo that some added regen would allow me to. I'd rather see them completely removed than exist as a kick in the face in the AA tree.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Kenman@Najena wrote:
    I'd hardly consider you a good source for suggestions when you basically just said, "I want my Berserker to be a Guardian!" If you can solo Den and Nest easily, it probably has more to do with gear than the skill sets. You either have plenty of raid gear or are fibbing just a wee bit :oops: EDIT: Forgot to add my point... with all that raid gear, it doesn't exactly make you a solo or small group focused player, does it? Stop speaking for groups you don't represent, please!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

yea i bet, i have 8 base regen, 72 with the regen that procs instantly in combat, 154 together with group regen, now if i would take both aas which increase them i'd have 210/211 (no idea how they round it) regen, which is the cap, if i add the set greaves it's 10 more on top of that, but good try
  12. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

[p]I would LOVE to see +melee Skillls to help hit stuff, HELLO! we are offensive tanks![/p][p]All the Cyclone AE abilities should get a Casting Time reduction so we can pop those things off better inbetween swings.[/p][p]Guards get the ability to Asorbs hits with ToS and such. Zerks should get the Ability to become Immune to Control Effects while berzerk. [/p][p]Basicly redesign the Regeneration Tree to be something Useful, as of now its horriable.[/p][p]PS. LOL Kenman rolled a guardian! about time![/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Kenozh@Valor wrote:
    So it's about 154 without AAs? Out of 210? Doesn't that make this statement true: "... you are being a bit liberal when you say, "close to the cap" without AAs." I'm not sure about you but when there are 56 points left to gain between your current and the max, it seems a bit liberal to me to say that it is close to the cap. With all my points spent in the AA regens, and no notable item regens (just a single +2 I think). I have right around 200 for regen. My group regen is only Adept 3, but with the master, it would put me around 205. That's not quite 210 is it? Again though, I think it's important to point out that if you are decked out in raid gear, it does not qualify you to speak for players that are primarily soloers, small group and group players. Yes, you can perform the act of soloing, but you are far ahead of what a regular soloer/grouper would have for gear and it gives one an unrealistic assessment of what is capable for the class under regular playing circumstances. If you can't see that, well, I hope at least Sony understands it for the sake of those that do not have a chance to raid nor have the desire to raid.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

group regen: 82 single: 64 group with aa: 82 + 0.06*5*82 = 82 + 24.6 =106.6 single with aa: 64 + 0.1*5*64 = 64 + 32 = 96 + base of 8 = 210.6 and yes 75% is pretty close to 100% actually i am not here to tell people that health regen sucks for soloers, cause i close to never solo, so i really don't care, i only posted because you said that you aren't at the cap with the aas and didn't mention that it is in your possibilities as a soloer to get there (by getting the masters). does the end ability actually double the regen cap? i've never speced the line.
  15. ARCHIVED-lost Guest

So right now, you are at 200 health regen with AAs spent on both trees. If you removed the AA's, you would lose about 50 regen, which means 50 health every 6 seconds. The loss of this 50 points of regen means that you can survive against ~8 more dps than you could before. Also if you are grouped with a fury or another class with in combat health regen group buffs, you will be over the regen cap without spending any AAs. Finally, spending 10 points in the perseverance tree on enhanced regens basically caps you in health regen; meaning that Perseverance (the end ability in the tree) does nothing. So when you add it up, most berserkers have chosen to ignore the very slight survivability increase available in the Perseverance tree, and chosen to increase our other capabilities in the cyclones, debilitation, and bulking lines.
  16. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Kaberu wrote:
    Can you really not do math to figure out how worthless regen is? Lets say you spend a crapton of your AA's to max the regen line and great you are at the cap now, and extra 56 every tick(6 seconds). That equals to 9 damage less a second that you take for a MINIMUM of 13 AA. Do you not see how bad that is? I mean hell you might as well just max wall of ferocity to take less damage and actually have those points in a good tree. And yes, 154 is pretty close to the cap, considering it takes 1 spell from multiple classes to max it. ALSO: Screw soloers, this is a massive MULTIPLAYER online game. If they dont want to play with other people go play a SINGLEPLAYER game because you dont do anything for the community when you solo.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Lets see who doesn't think regen is useful via the helpful tool, EQ2Players: Ahdam - 14 pieces of T7 Fabled Jayn - 11 pieces of T7 Fabled Kenman - 17 pieces of T7 Fabled Kenozh - 16 pieces of T7 Fabled Skel - 18 pieces of T7 Fabled Anyone see a pattern? So far, of the people who think it's useful: Kaberu (aka me!!!) - 2 pieces of T7 Fabled The important thing with regen is not how much health per second it generates, it's how much health between hits it generates. With Mayhem, Hunkering down, stifling my rage, shield stunning, disfiguring and persistent batters plus the defense bonuses from my stance and Warrior AAs, I can often get a couple ticks before I'm hit again when I fight mobs, whether ^^^ or solo. Usually what happens to me is I get clobbered pretty good a couple times, then I avoid several hits allowing my regen to tick few times. Then, I get walloped a couple more times real well, etc... If my regen can't make up enough of a difference during those lulls, I'm probably not going to win and alot of stuff I can take now, I won't be able to take at all. The final in the line doubles your regen and it does not seem to be affected by the cap at all. I notice a huge difference when I'm under the mark and the boost kicks in. Here's a real test. Go solo Nest or Den or whatever your heroic instance claim-to-fame is while solo without your non-AA'd, self regen on: Can you still do it? Yes? When your gear is that good, I guess it really doesn't matter if you are missing a couple buffs. Heck, you could probably do it without any (or at least most) of your persistent buffs on. Was it harder than usual or could you not complete it? Well, then is 64 less per tick really much different than 56 less per tick? If 64 makes a difference, how can 56 not? I mean sheesh, if you were trying to tell me that 56 is nothing, how can 8 be?
  18. ARCHIVED-kenman Guest

I don't even have to try to know I could still do it without regen. The only fight that even came close was the boss of Nest, and guess what? Vision of madness saved the day. Never had to touch the 20% tinkered health clickies, unyielding will, or my cold-forged breastplate. That's 55% more hp plus 7.5 seconds of 100% riposte, easily more than any of my health regen makes up for in a single fight. Now on the other hand, even with awesome solo ability at hand, I can't think of a single fight that's so immensely close that I exhaust everything at my disposal and would need just slightly more health regen to kill. It's just a waste of AAs, although to be fair, most everything in the zerker EoF line is a waste of AAs.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

That's my point... it's a waste to the people that have just about everything. The gear far outweighs the benefits of any individual benefit from the AAs. For the rest of us, it wields a far greater impact than you might imagine. Even when grouped, I can tell when my AA enhanced self-regen is off just by watching my current health over the course of the fight. The difference is nearly akin to that of night and day.
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

no dood, it doesnt matter about gear. The reason we post is because we actually know the mechanics of the game and our gear reflects our experience. you are spending 13 AA for 500 HP a minute. Thats 1-2 hit a MINUTE you sorta negate.... total and uber junk.