Entering combat when out of range of group members and not actively engaged in combat

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by duckster, Nov 6, 2018.

1. duckster Active Member

Is it intended that you get put in combat and lose all speed buffs when out of range? I know some healers have issues wiith certain buffs but this is a new change (specifically as a scout).

Change in combat mechanics intended? Its painful to play catch up when not in range of group members with incombat runspeed.(example)

Meant for beta forums but bleh...
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is a common challenge for healers in raid zones. Off goes your tank like a junebug on crack, and before you know he's moved you are in combat and running like your feet are wearing concrete boots.

It doesn't matter if you are in range or not. If your group is in combat, you run at in-combat speeds.
    Finora likes this.
  3. duckster Active Member

I mentioned this already however thats generally as you have something cast on the tank buffs/heals or otherwise that puts you into combat. What ive highlighted is being put in combat despite having nothing like that active(outside of pathfinding).
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Always happens to me, regardless of having a buff or heal on the tank. My run speed drops to 10% - even Deadly Sabertooth does not change it.
    Breanna likes this.