Enough of the ESSENCE OF CHAOS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Argosunited, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So any update yet on what these will be used for?
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Essence of chaos were used to craft the red juxta/champ etc runes back in PoP and their drop rate was pretty terrible. Now we have an abundance of them. So the only logical thing that can happen is that they will add something that is of no real significance but will fulfill the memo for "essence of chaos has some use in BoL".
    Gillymann and Argosunited like this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

sure you dont mean essence of magic and orange runes, arclite?
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes, magic in pop and chaos in cd.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Still waiting for news, of the super amazing use, for the currently useless Essence of Chaos in BoL.
    Getting them in Mythical Crates is no longer a source of amusement. How many hundreds of these damn things do you think we need??????
    They're still in Cobalt Crates, they're issued as Harvesting quest rewards .. where you know, RECIPES WOULD BE NICE.
    And of course they're Overseer crates and classed as lolwut Mythical loot.

More than anything, we want to deliver on what players love and go even further. We are going to think outside the box a bit, so hold onto your tails! - H. Longdale

Actions speak louder than words.
    Tkia, Quillyne, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Overall I got 44 Essence of Chaos in BoL and at least 2 totay from the mythical Overseer reward :mad:
  7. Rarkevan Active Member

Maybe they'll start replacing at least one Empyral mana per BOL adornment recipe? would be good!
    Wulfgyr and Argosunited like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I see what you did there.

:p
  9. Hot_Rod Member

Their most recent patch deleted over 50 overseer rewards from my bank. All duplicate quests of various tiers from treasured to 10 hour celestial. That means now all 50+ quests were completely without reward... Yes that so endears me to the Devs around here... A little worse even than the feeling of getting an infuser from a MYTHICAL BONUS CHEST FROM THE 10hr CELESTIAL mission...
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

They served no purpose either way. They were account based not character based, so they were a wasted reward from the start.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Hot_Rod Member

They could easily have "outdated" them and replaced them with even a crappy infuser or chaos essence rather than deleting them. Until the game removed them I had proof of missions I received duplicate missions from. Now no proof, or possible recompense for them just gone. I have had other items vanish with an outdated message, though never so many at once.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand the frustration there. I never really expected them to substitute an item retroactively, I was just happy going forward I wouldn't receive even more duplicates. But it is definitely a very strong indicator of just how many 'no-reward' we are getting from the Overseer. Add the duplicates to the Fragments, Essences of Chaos, and overland shinies to that list and it's a wonder I bother to run them at all anymore. I certainly would never use DBC to reduce the timers to use a quest or agent early given the vast array of useless(not even low value, useless) rewards. I wonder whether they considered that in their reward distribution scheme.
    Mermut and Argosunited like this.
  13. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Argos, wanna trade the Chaos Essences with the Fragments i get :))
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Yep, love them fragments. Today's Vision of Vox (10 hour) with bonus crate gave me these beauties:

(1582913850)[Fri Feb 28 10:17:30 2020] You receive \aITEM -598890739 -563561835:Lesser Fragment of Planar Energy\/a.
    (1582913850)[Fri Feb 28 10:17:30 2020] Items were placed in your personal harvest bag.
    (1582913851)[Fri Feb 28 10:17:31 2020] You receive \aITEM 1162147511 -1125430539:Superior Fragment of Planar Energy\/a.
    (1582913851)[Fri Feb 28 10:17:31 2020] Items were placed in your personal harvest bag.
    Argosunited likes this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Such a generous offer, but I'll pass.
  16. Hot_Rod Member

Had my first encounter with (I think) their duplicate quest "FIX"... You now get NOTHING at all apparently if that would have been your reward. Wow I feel so cared for...
    Argosunited and Tekka like this.
  17. Irie New Member

I think that including Essence of Chaos and Planar Fragments is an insult to all players. I am sick of getting unusable rewards. A infuser or even common harvest would be better. It really shows what low regard you have for us all!
    Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Alrighty, it's been a full month since the note from Kander and we haven't heard another word.
    Is there any update at all yet, on the supposed use for these mythical essences?
    Gillymann, Drona, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  19. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Nope.

(Be careful though- he banned someone on Discord yesterday for saying something about Essence of Chaos' being exchanged for RNG crates with infusers and a microscopically low chance at a VIII rune.)
    Tkia, Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Lucky this isn't Discord.
    Sad that they can spend so much time on there, but he can't spend two minutes to reply to his original post.
    Tkia and Rhodris like this.