Enhance: Death Interventions (GU60)

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-NaeenSpeedbringer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-NaeenSpeedbringer Guest

Enhance: Death Interventions now also grants 2.5% Crit Bonus to Nature's Renewal and Tunare's Watch per rank.

perhaps i am not looking in the right place, but i am not seeing where this CB benefit appears. is it supposed to increase the CB of the person after the death save triggers? if so, i did not see it in the green text description on my Nature's Renewal or Tunare's Watch.
    for the moment i won't expound on the fact that the death saves are virtually worthless and rarely work or how pathetic the warden AA "enhancements" were in GU60 compared to the fury enhancements.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xelgad Guest

The heal of the anti-death will crit 2.5% harder per rank.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Sadly I was not the least bit surprised to see the crappy stuff listed under Warden.
    Every other priest gets things that are useful, Wardens get useless crap piled on even more useless crap.
    Whats next, enhance snare?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

the defilers ones are pretty much useless. crit bonus is already cut in half for the wards, and the debuffs we get are able to be maintained constantly already, so increasing the durations isnt so great.
    oh yeah that awesome positional deagro that defilers got was spectacular............. im always ripping aggro from my tanks when i heal its crazy how much threat i get, always on the top of the chart...................oh wait.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

Lader wrote:
    lol Warden agro is no joke, I don't have to do anything and I get agro, some buff I put on the tank gets crazy agro.
    I would love a deagro, lots of them actually cause there ain't nothing like Warden agro, it's insane.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yo-Gha Guest

Worse than all this crap they gave us is that they took away our anti-root for pvp/bg.
    First they nerfed Sandstorm for PvP, then they nerfed our manareg from the mythical buff, then they nerfed Tranquility for PvP and now we also lost anti-root?
    And it was even not mentioned in the update notes....
  7. ARCHIVED-NaeenSpeedbringer Guest

Xelgad wrote:
    gotcha. the patch notes make it sound like it adds a crit bonus buff along with the WIS buff. now can we discuss how worthless death saves are and making them heal for 12.5% more is not going to change that while furies got direct bonuses to their attacks in the patch? the gap between the desirability of furies and wardens at high end raiding was already a chasm and you are only pushing it farther apart.
  8. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

So ridiculous, those death save never save anyone, their amount is pathetic. They heal for what 4K 6K ? My spores crit for 3K. The amount healed should be a least doubled, and it should be made indeed based on max health.
    Another joke for the wardens ;-)
    No wonder that Eq2 population keeps declining.
  9. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

People that say the death saves are worthless are hilarious..
  10. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

if u think deathsaves r worthless (ESPECIALLY group ones) & rarely work, then ur using them incorrectly. yes the cb to the heal is sorta meh imo but the deathsave itself isnt worthless.
  11. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

When spike damage is incoming i uses them , and yesterday in drunder again it did not work. It is very simple if after the anti death effect hp are still negative the persorn is still dead.
    It last long enough to be sort of proactive, but the healed amount is insignifiant when incoming damage is in the 70-100K.
  12. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

the heal amount is just a lil bonus. the fact that it triggers to save them from a death blow, is the part that works. u dont just hit the ds & stand there waiting for it to work it's magic. u hit ur ds when u know a deathblow is possible, then u continue to heal as if prepping for spike dmg inc. if u depend completely on a ds to save the person on it's own without more regular heals, then ur doing it wrong because if the person gets hit again for more than their hp AFTER it triggers (when theyre already low in hp), then yes...they WILL die again unless u have more triggers.
  13. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Agree with Arica here. There was a time when they didn't work - at all. Now they are pretty awesome, but you can't think of them as if they were an extra heal. You use them proactively, not reactively - and they are used best if you are expecting a big spike. If you are waiting till the person you cast them on is almost dead, and then expect them to pop up with a lot of health, you are not using them in the way the work the best. If they do trigger you have to heal like a mofo sometimes to keep them alive - but at least they popped back up and the encounter didnt wipe.
    Edit: You can't really stack both of them, but you can stagger the casting. If you can do this - and it's kind of tricky, you need to practice it - you have death prevent covered for a pretty long time.

I have Defiler and Templar and on both characters I find myself reaching for Warden DI's...lol. And that's plural, cause no other healer has 2 (unless they changed it..been gone awhile )
  14. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

It's what i do, you are hilarious thinking that i stop healing and watch ... Oberon or defiler emergency wards are way better, the amount of protection/healing they afford is way higher. Last hit my tank was 105 K non crit.
    Indeed it only works on moderate damage, may be an aoe on some mage with gear under the requirement ...
    On tserina x2 tank died with Genesis, cloro, skin like wood, direct heal, tempest, mythical thorn, st anti death, group anti death, donus to blockfrom turtle shell, bonus to def from sandstorm and probably elemental ward up (just in case).
  15. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Tserrina's been borked since the new x2 went live - from what I've heard. Those that parse these things were mentioning she ignores crit mit then multi-attacks (what I've heard - no proof..sry). It's a bug because she has been killed by us multiple times with no issue before that happened, and sliced through our tank last night like he was wearing a paper bag. It has nothing to do with death saves working or not working.
    My comment about them (and Arica's, I think) was offerred in case you hadn't used the death saves much and were maybe not sure about their role - and was meant to help. Many people who think they are stupid or don't work do just what we were suggesting they not do. Because if you use them correctly, they work. So yeah, hilarious.
  16. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

exactly. it was just meant as a help because i know several capped level healers that still dont know how to use them. they complain time & time again that they dont work, but they dont know how to use them correctly, so of course theyre not gonna work. ive seen them hit them as somebody was at 5% & thinkin it was gonna do the job while they move onto somebody else, but that person still dies.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

The biggest problem I see with the death interventions is the short duration and the laughable amount of HPs the target gets if it does fire. Especially when you compare it to the death effects tanks get.. which are up until used and bring them back to full health. The health amounts restored by the healer death interventions (not just wardens) is the same as it was when they came out... when the level cap was 50. It would be nice to see them updated to the higher levels to make the amount restored useful.
  18. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

The deathsave can be helpful BUT its a lotto sometimes if they will get used or not, especially if in a group and there is another healer.
    I wonder what the percentage of times is in a raid or two healer group where I cast it when the tank is almost dead just to have him/her pop up out of danger range with the emergancy heals from a cleric or shaman. I know it has to be pretty high. lol.
    I dont play much any more atm but DI's can be useful, sometimes.
  19. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

hhmm hhmmm , im thinkin the seems to me method is just about worn out.
    Yes death saves work when used correctly.
    Its the crit bonus for the heal afterwords thats pathetic
    You and me know we aint waitin around for no stinkin crit bonus when the target pops back up.
    Its all about Heal heal smeal then smealy heal some mo.
    A crit bonus on this is totally not worth it unless its in the 50% range.
    I suggest leave the heal after death save alone , and have terrorizing trees pop on the crit bonus percent.
  20. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

oh wait
    I just had a thought ... lol
    instead of the heal afterwards criting for more (almost completely worthless)
    how bout give the palm heal x 5 ish within a 5 second range of the death save working.
    Or a temporary cast faster might be a better more simple solution. say 50% faster for 10 sec
    The point is having the heal over time after the death save crit for 2.5% harder is beyond lame.
    It says the dev that thought that up didnt think it through ... they just added a number comparable to everyone else.
    Ya ya I know , typical
    But they dont know how stuff really effects the game unless we tell them
    2.5% more crit on the heal after death save , are you fricken serious?