Endgame Gearing

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Draggore, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Draggore New Member

I just hit level 85 due to my guild power leveling me, and honestly I think that may have been a mistake. I'm playing a defiler and really haven't learned to play the class that well due to the PLing not to mention most of my gear is level 30ish. I want to get geared up for end game raiding, but not sure where to turn other then doing the defiler epic. Is there a guide somewhere to look up where I should be going to get geared up? If not any info would be appreciated.
  2. Jacck Active Member

As much as people on here don't like the site, flames is a pretty good knowledge base. Problem is, the trolls are rampant and you should be wary of what questions you ask. And highly recommend to read as many threads informational threads about the class you are learning before asking any questions. Gear will be from the Broker (Regular crafted armor and jewelry should be fine to start questing in Sentinels Fate xpac) Then working your way up through Sentinels fate xpac, then DoV, Withering Lands, then Finally into the CoE xpac (Eidilon Jungle and Obol Plains) quests and then heroic/Advanced Solo and then raids. Long way to go for gear from 85.
  3. herem Member

i'd say continue leveling up to 90-92 at least. get some MC gear. Then:
    • get your epic weapon and Enervated Repercussions done
    • Spend a few weeks answering every call in 1-9 for groups:
      • ST Groups (you can get a nice 4-piece jewelry set)
      • SS XP Grind Groups - basically running around SkyShrine contested.
      • Try to find a group to do SS Faction Grind and do all the quests.
      • Run Underdepths often enough to save up 7-10 Dragon Heads. Once you hit 50k SS faction (40k?) get some yellow slot gear.
      • Run the CoE Signature quest to the end. - nice cloak plus access to all of the solo zones.
      • Run CoE solo zones to pick up some accessories
      • Answer every call for CoE heroic zones in 1-9 chat and get some gears, obols, spirits - turn these into upgraded yellow slot gear.
    spend a month doing all this and you'll have a good start on your new class. ofc, if your guild is waiting for you for raid purposes, you'll wanna get a lot of help from them and compress the time.
    btw...personally...if you're not bringing up this defiler to be part of the MT group of your guild's raid, i'd consider betraying to mystic. more than one defiler in raid is a bit useless imo, and defiler has more dps for your solo/group/raid purposes...not to mention a few nice temp buffs in raid.
    good luck.
  4. OverDoze Member

i honostly think at 85 you think gear will help then gather materials for crafters and then make some stuff for yourself then go quest
    a better answer and not a troll is restart stop asking for pls amd then learn to play a class its probably gonna be a lil boring or sometimes not end game but you may learn something new
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Do Great Divide questline for gear, then WL at 90. By the time you finish that you'll have decent gear and a reasonable grasp of class. And epic/myth quests of course.
  6. jblackfox Member

One item not mentioned is the reactants. If you have some lev 80 reactants you can generally get a crafter to make some excellent items.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I raid as a Defiler, and the very best advice I can offer for the PL'd one is just sit for awhile and read what your abilities do. They are pretty self explanatory, but if you just mash buttons you obviously will only play the class well by accident. People joke that my group ward macro also is macro'd to open Facebook, but there's a lot more to the class than that. If you play to potential, it's really a fun class to play.

I also might suggest that you grab an SK or dps merc and go solo some stuff just healing the merc (assuming a real, patient person isn't available). That will give you a chance to organize your spell rotation and try everything out. If you are only 85 and you level the rest of the way to 95 in a semi-regular way (instances, or even old raids), you will feel much more comfortable in the role. No class is rocket science, but if you feel lost having been PL'ed then the obvious answer is to play it :)

The other posters give excellent gear advice, I just wanted to throw in my 2 on the subject. Defiler is one of the few classes where the AA's are fairly straightforward if you understand what your class is supposed to do. If you just sit and read through everything your choices in that regard shouldn't be so difficult, and you shouldn't have to wade through everything on eq2flames (a lot of that info is old...)