End of the Prelude Quest

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

While I understand it is reasonably past time to end the prelude quest, couldn't you have left the mobs in, so that we could still continue to use and buy things from the merchant (just like what was done with the TOT stuff?)? What poor timing....the house I've been working on used the shadowy house actors, and I really liked the other things on the list a lot too. Also, any heads up that you were going to take the event out would have been greatly appreciated just for this reason. Other decorators like me could have had time to at least stock up before the removal of everything. I can't put enough frowny faces on this. :(:(:(
    Dude, Febrith, Quillyne and 1 other person like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Oh man, I had been farming up some more tokens =(.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Which prelude quest? There have been several that have remained for a while from previous expansions.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The CD prelude, where you had to go kill the chaotic elemental tornados. They could have very easily left the tornados up and removed the quest, to make it accessible like TOT, and left the merchant up. There were only house items on him. Why remove it? *cries a little bit*
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Finora like this.
  5. S Harper New Member

Good Day. I just discovered this was removed. Was there an announcement? If so, where do you keep up with the status of event? I have been collecting the shards and was wondering if I could spend the ones I have now as I did not see the vendor available either.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

There was not an official announcement at all; just some lame little twitter post that I didn't find out about until after it happened - which angered me more because I don't use twitter at all, and don't actively look for twitter posts.
    Febrith, Juraiya and Finora like this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Ok, so I have a question. Why, when people asked for the Channeler Prelude to be removed, did they remove this one (which is more recent), and kept the extremely irritating Channeler one still on the servers?

I really hate being ganked when going by those shadowy animals, particularly if I'm in a gray area and definitely not expecting it! But I don't think anyone objected to the Elemental tempests staying around. So why were those removed instead?
    Chikkin and Leeroy like this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

no clue. I don't even mind the shadowy animals. they don't take long to kill, and leash easily. I can't figure out why they didn't leave the house items and a way to earn them in, especially since there was rumor of them just moving the ancient to the panda's merchant list. what a total bummer.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

@Mercychalice: Yeah, but my point (which I didn't state clearly) is that in another thread, several people requested that the shadowy prelude creatures be removed, because they're annoying. So far as I know, no one on this forum has complained about the elemental tempests. The tempests are relatively new; the shadowy animals have been around for years.

So which did they remove? It certainly wasn't the one that I would have expected.
    Cyrrena, Mercychalice and Finora like this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

honestly, really, the only shadowy animals that were in the way were the ones near the cobalt scar anchorage point. they could easily just place them in habitat relocation and called the whole thing moot. would have taken 5 mins out of the day, because as far as I know, no one asked before the anchorage was founded.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Please bring back at least the merchant I was so busy on FG and than now Kaladim that I did not even notice till now that they are gone:eek:
    I worked my behind of to get all those shreds and I had not a chance to buy anything.
    PLease put it all back at least the merchants for a week something ( wrings hands in distress )
    I always thought the shadow creatures are for a regular quest , that I never finished.
    I guess there are several quests that stayed up in the category "world event ".
    I am also really mad because what's wrong with posting stuff on the forum under news
    I have problems with outside sites
    And there are nothing but the regular things on the panda.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Finora like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

please please PLEASE I got hundreds of shreds left it took me many hours to earn and I can't go to those high level zones to earn those new coins to get the recipe
    Please have a heart and give us a merchant to spend those shreds at.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Tindrial Member

According to today's patch notes they brought the vendors back:

Mage Fulcrum Gearshift, the Concordium Collector, and Scientist Dally Scrumplecog, the Academy of Arcane Science Collector, are back in their respective cities, for a limited time, to exchange Elemental Storm Shreds for items in their stores

The thing is, I have no idea where they are. I was looking for the Academy of Arcane Science one and went back to the previous location outside the academy building and there's nothing there. Even looked though the market type area down by the harbour and the market type area up by the Freeport gates.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I will have to check this out right away thank you , thank you , THANK YOU :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Momo and Breanna like this.