End of Immortality

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Finora, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

I know its a really old quest, but can anyone even complete this quest now?

I'm doing old quests and I can not get the end mob of Throne of Storms to spawn and this quest won't progress with out a drop from him.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong in the zone (it'd been forever since I did Velious zones but it seems a pretty straight forward zone).

All searches have yielded is that I'm not the first person to have this issue. Any help is appreciated.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure I even remember that quest. Can you maybe elaborate to jog some memories?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Better get it while it lasts! Dunno how long Zam will have its info pages up, which is a shame...frequently, they'd have better info than even Wiki, especially for Test stuff. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea not very helpful which is odd usually Zam was awesome. Try looking it up on wiki instead they may have a better write up. I'm getting ready for work right now so I don't really have time or I'd flop over there and look because I'm curious now. I thought I had done pretty much every quest in the game on the old stuff but that still is not jogging my memory.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When Siggy was on sabbatical a while back. Someone went through the wiki pages and deleted a ton of information. It was like they said "oh, I have done this, we don't need this, we don't need this, we don't need this". I don't know, maybe whoever owns wiki got rid of pages that didn't have a lot of traffic. Maybe someone from that other game went to the wiki and randomly deleted things. Whatever the cause, there is a lot of information that used to be there, that is gone now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy flagnark. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I said something similar.

I am in the process of collecting all the information on EQ2U, EQ2Traders, and information I find helpful on a single spreadsheet. It will be functional so that you add a character when created, and when you complete a quest, alt-tab to the spreadsheet and check it off your list, all the quests will already be in there grouped in level appropriate as well as alignment categories. In the end, at a glance, I will know what characters have done what or not, have what recipes or not, have what collection items or not, etc.

Looking at it, I think I will die before completion, but I am still going to work on it. Just being able to dispose of some lists, and lists of my lists, and lists of my lists of my lists, etc, will keep me working on it.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think so... all pages have a page history, you can actually look and see what edits were made and why.If a page is vandalized, or someone randomly deletes stuff, we can see when and why from the page history, and if necessary, we can revert the edits.

Checking the End of Immortality History, nothing has been deleted, really. The links to the History pages are right there on the article pages, anyone can review them.

You can't really delete pages, you can just mark them for deletion, and then Chillispike has to actually approve the deletion (he may have others with that sort of admin access, but I'm not one if so).

Another possibility is that a page may have been renamed. the old link should take you t a redirect page, however, that will get you back to the content. Only an administrator can create a rename with no redirect.

During Beta, Mermut did a great job of documenting the sig line. She had full walkthroughs for the zones, and I was the one who pulled those zone walkthroughs out of the CD sig line writeups and moved them to the appropriate zone pages. The sig line quests have links and a clear note to click through to the zone page for the zone strats. I did this because people doing the solo zones outside the sig line are going to look to the zone page for that info, and it makes absolutely no sense to have duplicate info in both places, because updates in one location won't automagically update the other location.

If you have the names of what content you think is missing, I can investigate and/or ask Chilli to investigate.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Well, regardless of the wiki-page and zam page information, apparently the issue I've run into has been around since at least May of 2017.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-954
    I've bugged it and such, hopefully something will eventually get fixed.

Thanks all.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Finora,

Did Decanus Prime Vundr turn into a lion during your fight?

~ Kaitheel
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Ah no he did not. I tried to beat on him slowly, but do not recall seeing any lion.

Now I need all my daytime responsibilities to be over so I can go test that out.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Upon examination of the event, that is my suspicion. Decanus does not have a catch in his script to handle if he is killed too quickly, and yet it is the lion form that needs to be defeated to trigger Tribunus-Prime. I will work on a solution for it, but it won't be in time for tomorrow's hotfix, unfortunately.

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana, Juraiya, Meneltel and 7 others like this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I've put a talk page note on the the wiki for quest, just to inform players not to kill Decanus until he's in lion form. I'll update again once I see a fix in the update notes.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I finally managed to kill him slow enough (had to get naked) that he changed to his lion form. After that the rest of the zone worked as expected. I'll see if I can finish up the quest later.

Hopefully that fix will get in sometime soonish. With all the power boosts players have had over the years, some of these older scripts are difficult to pull off. =)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It can be a great joy to be able to wade through critters/mobs/etc. that used to be intimidating, but yeah, I can see how that could be problematic at times. ;->

Uwk
  18. Typhon Member

Thank you for this fix.This quest has been plaguing my quest log for a while now, and its really good to get it finished!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I was glad to have found the cause of the issue and been able to resolve it!

Now go forth and show those Kromzek no mercy!

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana, Juraiya, Meneltel and 7 others like this.
  20. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Wikia talk page has been updated.